Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Funny moments of incorrect football knowledge!

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on guys lets hear some stories, over the years you must have heard your friends talk not only complete rubbish but also complete incorrect knowledge regarding football.

My favourite one was about 10 years ago me and 2 friends met at the ones house and watched football focus before heading to the Wolves game, anyway the subject of Clinton Morrison came up and my one friend said "Clinton Morrison he's Brazilian isnt he"? Me and my other friend looking at each other and were just like..... Yes mate Brazilian international...

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At a football quiz a few years ago one of the questions was "which Southampton player was top scorer in Division 1 in 1979-80 with 23 goals"? My mate suggested Phil Bowyer to which I replied "Phil Bowyer never scored 23 goals in his career!" You can guess the correct answer and not surprisingly I am regularly reminded by him!!!!:embarassed:

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bizarre confusion on here about "Near" and "Far" posts.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moxey being married to Terry Connor's sister has got to be a recent classic of 'football knowledge' Can't believe people thought it was actually true.

Years ago I'm sure that ex Sheff Utd and Blues striker Marcelo was referred to by one radio reporter as "Brazilian born John Marcelo" - Common Brazilian name is John!

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not football but my wifes mates husband loves Boxing, like me. He swore blind that he had been in Vegas and had seen Oscar de la Hoya, not only fight Mike Tyson, but beat Mike Tyson.

I said that was utter $$$$e, and we fell out about it until he checked the internet and realised what a daft get he had been!

R

Roby Wolf.

My young daughter once refered out of the blue when we was watching the football on TV to Ipswich Town as Ip$$$$ Town ?.

P

Penk Wolf

When in the box for our last Liverpool game someone asked whether Torres was playing.

mak1

Reaction score
Can't remember who the poster was but the thread went on for months and months and God only knows how many pages it went to when he asked 'can someone remind me how many European Cups we've won?'
Think it might've been the 'old molmix'. Getting old, memory fading :)

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is there a confusion?

There was a thread a while back that seemed to go on for ages where someone was trying to argue that the near post was actually the far post and that the far post was actually the near post.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a thread a while back that seemed to go on for ages where someone was trying to argue that the near post was actually the far post and that the far post was actually the near post.

Seem to recall it concerned Joe Hart being beaten at the far post but the poster thought as Hart was standing nearer to it that made it the near post. Deflection off the wimp Nasri v MU I think.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't start that again you'll be here for a week.

D

Dee Wolf

Seem to recall it concerned Joe Hart being beaten at the far post but the poster thought as Hart was standing nearer to it that made it the near post. Deflection off the wimp Nasri v MU I think.

That's the one :D

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

begu9a2e.jpg

Oh well this thread was good while it lasted. :D

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
who said about a country being in Africa, when it was in South America ?? Dewsbury ???

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
who said about a country being in Africa, when it was in South America ?? Dewsbury ???

Didn't somebody say what are we going to do when the ecuadorian Castillo goes to the African cup of nations?

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at a sportsmens dinner. Jack Charlton was the speaker going on about Bobby's goal against Mexico. Some pillock at one of the tables starts saying it was against Uruguay and is arguing with Jack Charlton about it, deadly serious.

JC's going "Listen mate I remember it I was playing in the game and was right behind our kid as he hit it!"

$$$$$$.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't somebody say what are we going to do when the ecuadorian Castillo goes to the African cup of nations?

Someone definitely asked if we'd lose Zubar to the ACN!:D

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone remember when that Millwall(?) Fan tried to buy his own ticket for a game because it said it was an all ticket game and his season ticket was a card?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone shouting `Offside` from a throw in and going ballistic when the ref didn`t give it.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone remember when that Millwall(?) Fan tried to buy his own ticket for a game because it said it was an all ticket game and his season ticket was a card?

That was brilliant. The topic went on for pages on their message board with everyone taking the $$$$ cos he still didn't get it.

S

Space Wolf

An Albion supporting friend of mine once told me someone at the Hawthorns had a go at Stephen Warnock after he'd fouled someone. "Bloody hell Warnock, just like your Dad!"

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
A football-savvy uncle of mine used to tell me about a player called Beckman.
Little did I know that said player has been playing at Galaxy, and his first name is David.

andy-in-seat-190

Reaction score
Posted this a couple of years ago it all happened during a CC match:

Sat upstairs tonight right behind the press box. The following is snippets of a conversation between two 'supporters' sat directly behind the children and me. As you can see it kept us more amused than the football:

S1 "Who is that with the flag?"
S2 "The ref I think."
S1 "Oh - but who is that on the pitch?"
S2 "Oh I didn't see him - he must be the ref as well"
S1 "Oh look there's another one on the other side"
S2 "Oh yes"
S1 "He must be the flag man"
S2 "And the other one must be the ref."
S1 "What did you have for tea?"

A few minutes later...

S1 "How long does the match last?"
S2 "About half an hour I think."

A bit later...

S1 "What they doing?" (the subs were warming up)
S2 "Don't know... think they are the extras"

Even later...

S2 " Why have all those lights? They're sending me to sleep"

Near half time...

Stadium announcer: "there will be a minimum of 2 minutes added time."
S1 "Is that till the end?"
S2 "I think so."

Second half...

Crowd "We hate Albion"
S1 "What they singing?"
Husband / partner of S2 "We hate Albion."
S2 "Who are they?"
Husband "West Brom."
S2 "Who?"

1 minute later...
S1 "Are they singing we hate Southend"
Husband "No I've told you "Albion.""
S1 "Who are they?"

Later (after the first disallowed goal)

S2 "When we going to the bar"
Husband "Ages yet love"
S2 "Why?"
Husband "It's 1 1"
S2 "No it's not it's 2 1
Husband "No 1 1"
S1 "When was the goal taken away?"
Husband "It was never given."
S1 "Oh...I don't understand."

Last one...

S1 "so we're meeting Sally outside?"
Husband "Yes out side by the turnstiles."
S1 "The where?"
Husband "OUTSIDE!"

The children and I couldn't believe what we have listened to for that last 2 hours - better than the football!

306NOTOUT

We came out of Sunderland a few years ago and my mate was jumping up and down saying what a brilliant result it was blah blah blah.

"Malcolm calm down it was only a point"

No it wasn't

"yes it was"

$$$$ off we won 1-0 3 points in the bag.

"no Malcolm they equalised in the 2nd half, how did you miss it you didn't go for a $$$$ or anything?"

Did they? Oh for $$$$ sake wolves $$$$ing typical.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That was brilliant. Wasn't it a game v West Ham and for whatever reason he thought you had to buy a ticket. Then when he called the ticket office they said he couldn't "buy" a ticket for seat X22 because there was someone sitting in there. He would have it that he didn't need to buy a ticket in the first place, and couldn't get his head round the fact that he couldn't buy the ticket for seat X22 because he was already in it! Was superb. Worth digging it out again!

L

long ball man

Bloke I know who is a father of one of my daughter's friends, during Euro 2004 in the pub watching an England game:

'You have always got to watch out for the Brazilians in these things'.

Worryingly he is now an FA qualified coach.
Interestingly his son is an England u16 footballer, is now in his second year at Villa academy and has played for the reserves.

Back
Top Bottom