Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham Fans

T

Tekkers-Slovakia

Are they the worst fans in the league? If not who are?

W

wolvo_boi

Wigan dont have any fans so they cant be the worst in the league.

Blackburn.

T

Tekkers-Slovakia

Blackburn fans are decent at home, bad away though.
Fulham just don't sing! 3-0 up and being absolutely out-sung by 500 or so Blackpool fans!

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wigan for me. $$$$ ground. $$$$ club. $$$$ fans. $$$$ support.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find this an interesting subject - the demographic of football clubs. Fulham and Chelsea/QPR are just a few miles apart but it seems to me the people who go to Fulham are a million miles apart from the 2 other nearby clubs and for that matter most other grounds I've been to. Fulham has always been a small, family club based in a middle class area of London and the fan base, in large part, seem to be representative of the area - professionals, white collar and a large contingent of neutrals who are actively encouraged to attend with their kids. A bit like large segments at Carrow Rd and Ipswich when I lived near there.This grouping imo are less likely to be quite so passionate and vocal as those fans of other more traditional clubs like Wolves, based in old footballing towns with a large working class population. I always thought when I went to Norwich (though not when they played us as they hate us) it was a bit like going to open air theatre - quite civilised and likely to be sitting next to a doctor or a banker!

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Fulham average 25,000 at home, more than our lovely neighbours.

Wigan need to jog on back to League 2. A mockery to the Premiership.

R

realistic wolf

The reason Norwich hate us is because some of our following think it's clever to lay into women, kids and old men, same thing happened against Blackpool a few weeks ago.
Although we tend to get behind our team when we are doing well, we are definitely a set of fans who sing when we are winning.
I don't tend to read other message boards, but i am guessing that there aren't many sets of fans who would have given Mick as much stick as he has had on here.

B

Big George

Wigan for me aswell. At least Fulham sell out home games!

T

Tekkers-Slovakia

Fulham average 25,000 at home, more than our lovely neighbours.

25,000 and still don't manage to make any noise? Their away support is awful too!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Blackburn fans are decent at home, bad away though.
Fulham just don't sing! 3-0 up and being absolutely out-sung by 500 or so Blackpool fans!

Well would you join in singing Thriller? Anything else and your Chairman tells you to get lost and to Go To Chelsea! Then again he could just be softening them up for when he unveils his Elvis Costello statue.

T

Tekkers-Slovakia

Well would you join in singing Thriller? Anything else and your Chairman tells you to get lost and to Go To Chelsea! Then again he could just be softening them up for when he unveils his Elvis Costello statue.

I am a massive MJ fan as it goes! And would defiantly join in with a good old rendition of Thriller or Billie Jean! :cool:

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How often do you go to West London? It really is mate. Probably the best explanation as to why they don't sing.

I know that Fulham have a lot of season ticket holders that are football fans of other teams, living in London and like to go to games. They offer very good value season tickets - I think maybe £200 in some areas - so many people that go aren't true Fulham fans if that makes sense. Added to that they've got the neutral area as well - it's bound to be a little less intimidating.

D

Dewsburywolf

Just a thought but are Fulham the only team to actually have a designated neutral area?

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wigan for me. $$$$ ground. $$$$ club. $$$$ fans. $$$$ support.

Interesting. Here's a different point of view. When they were in the 4th division they averaged about 1600 fans. Since climbing the divisions they now consistently average ... what? About 14000?

Is there another PL club that can claim to have increased their regular fan base, over such a period of time by such a large percentage? Given that they are surrounded by the major clubs in the NW and they are in a Rugby town I don't think they're too bad.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder what Wigan's financial position is if they go down ? - which I think they will. They have some decent players who will leave for big money so with parachute pays I assume they'll be ok? Not a 'real' Prem team imo, so good riddance to them and hopefully replaced by a proper club - say Forest or Burnley.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

When did clubs start getting extra points for fans? Wigan have been in the Prem on merit for what they've done on the pitch, same as any other club who play in it.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting. Here's a different point of view. When they were in the 4th division they averaged about 1600 fans. Since climbing the divisions they now consistently average ... what? About 14000?

Is there another PL club that can claim to have increased their regular fan base, over such a period of time by such a large percentage? Given that they are surrounded by the major clubs in the NW and they are in a Rugby town I don't think they're too bad.

not really... if a club's hardcore fanbase is 10,000 (taking the larger away element out of the equation) - then if 1500-2000 of them turn up to watch 4th division crap, then that's not surprising to me... and is about right IMO... When they go back down to the 4th, the 1600 gates will be back...

Truth is, they are a 4th division club in an area where most people either support Man U, Liverpool or Rugby League - therefore, and sorry, I am not about what they do on the pitch - as a club, they have $$$$ support. Fact.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the worst fans by a long way,but dissapointed with the Geordies,3-1 up and it was like a church with 50,000 people in it.
Since being in the prem it seems that who the media call the most passionate fans,Liverpool,newcastle,citeh etc all seem to crap.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get relegated going to miss not going to Craven Cottage as much prefer there ground to West Ham`s for example.One of the best away trips was last season in West London. Don`t seem as ****y as Chelsea fan`s for example.

They are one of those established Prem teams that always seem to be generally mid-table like Sunderland.But once Al-Fayed decides to get out and stop bank-rolling them than i think they may be in trouble.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get relegated going to miss not going to Craven Cottage as much prefer there ground to West Ham`s for example.One of the best away trips was last season in West London. Don`t seem as ****y as Chelsea fan`s for example.

They are one of those established Prem teams that always seem to be generally mid-table like Sunderland.But once Al-Fayed decides to get out and stop bank-rolling them than i think they may be in trouble.
Slightly off topic but why have Fulham erected a statue to Michael Jackson o/s their ground? We have Billy wright, Leeds have Bremner, Blackpool have Armfield, Fulham have Jackson?!!!

J

Jungleee

Slightly off topic but why have Fulham erected a statue to Michael Jackson o/s their ground? We have Billy wright, Leeds have Bremner, Blackpool have Armfield, Fulham have Jackson?!!!

"Mohamed Al Fayed, a close buddy of the King of Pop". There's your answer.

As for Newcastle being quiet in the second half (and us being loud even though we were 0-3 down) - the Geordies I spoke to after the game said they were worried about a comeback and us actually WINNING 4-3. This makes sense as they know what relegation feels like...

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Mohamed Al Fayed, a close buddy of the King of Pop". There's your answer.

As for Newcastle being quiet in the second half (and us being loud even though we were 0-3 down) - the Geordies I spoke to after the game said they were worried about a comeback and us actually WINNING 4-3. This makes sense as they know what relegation feels like...
Thanks for that - so Steve Morgan knows Paul Macartney; that doesn't mean we want a statue of him next to Billy Wright?!!!!!!..........sorry, back to topic!

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Al-Fayed was chums with Jacko. I think Michael Jackson was the most valuable Harrod's customer or something. Anyway, Al-Fayed bought the statue with the vision of putting it outside Harrod's but he has sold it; so he has stuck it outside Craven Cottage.

I think Michael Jackson went to a fulham game a few years ago too.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Al-Fayed was chums with Jacko. I think Michael Jackson was the most valuable Harrod's customer or something. Anyway, Al-Fayed bought the statue with the vision of putting it outside Harrod's but he has sold it; so he has stuck it outside Craven Cottage.

I think Michael Jackson went to a fulham game a few years ago too.

On a similar note can I suggest Suzi Perry at the back of the South Bank, Planty outside the new Steve Bull and the lead singer from Reef by the hot dig stand outside Asda.

We could also have a statue of Henry Kissinger outside the club shop as I seem to remember him being at a Wolves v Chelsea game in 76.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a similar note can I suggest Suzi Perry at the back of the South Bank, Planty outside the new Steve Bull and the lead singer from Reef by the hot dig stand outside Asda.

We could also have a statue of Henry Kissinger outside the club shop as I seem to remember him being at a Wolves v Chelsea game in 76.

yes but what famous players/managers have Fulham had of the same legacy as Billy Wright and Stan Cullis?

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yes but what famous players/managers have Fulham had of the same legacy as Billy Wright and Stan Cullis?
Johnny Haynes would be their "legend" I suppose.
Regarding their support, I moved down to South West London in 1981 and one of the things that struck me was how people would follow Chelsea one week and Fulham the next. At that time they were a couple of divisions apart and Brentford were Fulham's most obvious rivals. Add QPR to the mix and its easy to see why their core support is pretty small.

Had a mate who was a Fulham fan and sometimes went to midweek games with him. Early 90's they were pretty pants and it was only when the shopkeeper got involved that they started to punch above their weight. Always used to be a happy hunting ground for us.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jimmy Langley, Jimmy Hill, Johnny Haynes, Bobby Robson. Didn't Alan Clarke play for them early in his career?

Their Chairman in the 50s was a well-known comedian called Tommy Trinder.

Back
Top Bottom