Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham don’t assume

floydstreet

Reaction score
Second game against a Fulham side that are not the Fulham side of the past. Anyone who is sat thinking we have a divine right to win, must get three points or is ready to turn on the team and board please don’t.

Should we aim to win - of course we should
Should we have confidence - yes

But watch the Liverpool Fulham game and you will see a well drilled team, have Liverpool all sorts of problems and determined to prove they belong. They also play with intensity and closing down - the very style that we struggle to play against.

So we have a strong team, we are at home and despite injuries to Raul, Adama, Semedo and chiquino we should enter with confidence. But watch what they did to Liverpool, if things go wrong stick with them, don’t panic, don’t transmit negativity as it’s a tough game and we can’t assume we have a divine right to victory.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Second game against a Fulham side that are not the Fulham side of the past. Anyone who is sat thinking we have a divine right to win, must get three points or is ready to turn on the team and board please don’t.

Should we aim to win - of course we should
Should we have confidence - yes

But watch the Liverpool Fulham game and you will see a well drilled team, have Liverpool all sorts of problems and determined to prove they belong. They also play with intensity and closing down - the very style that we struggle to play against.

So we have a strong team, we are at home and despite injuries to Raul, Adama, Semedo and chiquino we should enter with confidence. But watch what they did to Liverpool, if things go wrong stick with them, don’t panic, don’t transmit negativity as it’s a tough game and we can’t assume we have a divine right to victory.
Bruno, the team talk is for the players not the fans.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Never underestimate the effect negativity, frustration and pressure can have on a team. We are always a better underdog always have been

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Things are going to become quite edgy if we don't win this one as it is followed by a strong Spurs. The Newcastle game could be huge.

8 without a win right now and 3 wins in 15.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Things are going to become quite edgy if we don't win this one as it is followed by a strong Spurs. The Newcastle game could be huge.

8 without a win right now and 3 wins in 15.
Agree
Edgy isn’t helpful to improving form and getting results. Big job for Bruno, big job for players and in a small part a job for us fans to be supportive, patient and positive. I can hope

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never underestimate the effect negativity, frustration and pressure can have on a team. We are always a better underdog always have been
I mean he isn't wrong

My favourite Wolves match atmosphere pre the Champ winning season was when we lost 6-0 at home to Southampton

Best ever was stuffing the Villa 2-0 or beating United with Tears for Fears afterwards what evenings they were

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Isn't it a bit negative to think of us as underdogs though?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I gave my tickets away for this because I didn’t see the point in going to see such an easy game.
Obviously to fulham fans who are only coming to see the mighty wanderers

Reactions: Ned

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure we've found any matches against Fulham easy in the Fosun era. Can remember some edgy 1-0's. A 1-1 when I think Saiss scored his annual Boxing day goal. Mitrovic dominating in a 0-2 loss in the promotion season. I think Coady was really desperate to get to Everton before the Fulham match, for some reason!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massively tough game this.

They’ve got goals in them (whereas we don’t), and we’ve been bullied on too many games occasions before by Mitrovic.

I’d be very happy with a 1-0 Wolves win.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone's better as an underdog aren't they?

Big game and we're on a horrible run going back to last season, 11pts from 15 games I think it is. Need a win and a good performance and it can't come soon enough

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take a point. We are on a dreadful run, still transitioning, Guedes unlikely to start and Pahlinha you just know will play a blinder with Fulham starting the campaign very strongly.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a new season with many transfers in many clubs and new coaches in some teams.
Forget last year…….it’s gone.

Based on our last two seasons, ( and especially last season with Bruno), I’d recommend we don’t take any game for granted. ( For the record, I have some doubts with Bruno).

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We struggled to beat them last time at home but Neto came up with the goods.

I think Saturday could be draw to be honest they offer us a threat like they’ve not had before. Time for us to take our game to them and attack

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a new season with many transfers in many clubs and new coaches in some teams.
Forget last year…….it’s gone.

Based on our last two seasons, ( and especially last season with Bruno), I’d recommend we don’t take any game for granted. ( For the record, I have some doubts with Bruno).

If we don't beat Fulham I think Brunos position could become precarious pretty quickly. A good Spurs follows that and then a Newcastle that are no longer appearing a shambles. The two games after that are probably the easiest we face for a while with Bournemouth and Saints, make a hash of one of those and the next four games which are very tough could see us quite realistically on a 1 win in 17 spell. Bruno wouldn't survive that.

So in short, lets smash Fulham and not run into this scenario :p

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don't beat Fulham I think Brunos position could become precarious pretty quickly. A good Spurs follows that and then a Newcastle that are no longer appearing a shambles. The two games after that are probably the easiest we face for a while with Bournemouth and Saints, make a hash of one of those and the next four games which are very tough could see us quite realistically on a 1 win in 17 spell. Bruno wouldn't survive that.

Be tough on him as a result of doing the business late in the window

People on here are happy at throwing the first 4 games remember if we get the right player

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If Bruno’s position was‘nt precarious early into last season, then I doubt losiang a few more game will change that anytime soon.
Even after last season, Jeff or Guo have decided to keep him.

So, here we are.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having decided to spend the day in, last Saturday, I finished up watching the Fulham/Liverpool game at the pub. I was impressed by Fulham and thought they were unlucky not to get all three points (when Klopp is reduced to claiming reduced moisture of the pitch was the cause of his teams failure, you get the idea). Anyway, when we subsided without a whimper at Elland Road I got the feeling if our manager doesn't get his act together, and fast, including some backside kicking of a few players, we could be in for a rough Autumn.
In the present circumstances I would settle for a draw on Saturday.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not assuming anything, but if we can't beat a newly promoted team at home, we should be concerned. Who WILL we beat?

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not assuming anything, but if we can't beat a newly promoted team at home, we should be concerned. Who WILL we beat?
Personally think we could lose to any team this season home or away. We've got to get to the 40 point mark with total urgency.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another tough Prem match.
We need to pick up our required points somewhere.
Fulham at home remains one of the better chances of doing that.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont take any game for granted in this league
Huddersfield twice always springs to mind
We usually play better against the bigger teams,although last season it was the opposite
We are still in transition with the system and it will take time for sure
Lets hope we can push on a bit from last week,played some nice stuff in patches then, just didnt get that killer second goal when we had the chance

Back
Top Bottom