Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Frustrating But

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at the goal differences
Wolves 0
Cardiff -14
Fulham -17
Huddersfield -17
Newcastle/ Southampton -8

Though this may change after Spurs and Arsenal still looking good for us to go again next year. We are lacking something though.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GD is pretty irrelevant this season, esp when comparing the 5 teams in your post.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Something’s gone wrong if you’re worrying about our GD compared to them teams.

D

Deleted member 4453

We've already is it Spurs and Arsenal according to our fans, so I'd wait on this point lol. Annoy the **** out of me.

W

we8wba

Look at the goal differences
Wolves 0
Cardiff -14
Fulham -17
Huddersfield -17
Newcastle/ Southampton -8

Though this may change after Spurs and Arsenal still looking good for us to go again next year. We are lacking something though.

We’re 9th in table and rest in or around the dropzone

There is no surprise our GD is better than theres

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Granted we didn’t win but personally I was relieved and delighted to see us attacking them and making chances.Today was how we should be playing every game.....get in the box, again and again.
Obviously Nuno all week emphasized to go for goal.....take a shot, get in there.
You do that enough, goals will come.......they will, I promise.

What’s more important to take away from today is that we have the talent to make chances.

I don’t care about possession or this or that...all I watch for is a solid defence,(which we have) and real scoring chances and goals.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its a valid point. Defensively no doubt about it we're in great shape, has a promoted side ever looked so organised? Sure we will lose games but we certainly wont be hammered. If you can keep clean sheets you've always got a chance even if you don;t play well as we've seen already this season. Fulahm are conceding what 2 a game? Thats insane you've got no chance of winning games if you need to score 3 to win a game.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In just over 20 months we have moved from the bottom end of the championship playing scared negative football, to the point where we play away from home against an established premier club, we dominate the game and lose to a fairly lucky goal, and we are all disappointed.
No doubt the owners, the coaching staff and players will be working their socks off to sort out the issues, just had a conversation with my 20 year old son and had to explain the old saying "easy come, easy go" anything worth having takes time to create, and this club from top to bottom is being recreated.
We as fans must trust all concerned and never lose faith in the future, because it is inevitable.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its a valid point. Defensively no doubt about it we're in great shape, has a promoted side ever looked so organised? Sure we will lose games but we certainly wont be hammered. If you can keep clean sheets you've always got a chance even if you don;t play well as we've seen already this season. Fulahm are conceding what 2 a game? Thats insane you've got no chance of winning games if you need to score 3 to win a game.
Fulham have let in 28 goals in 10 games
Wolves only 9 (so far!!)
Only
Chelsea
Spurs
Liverpool
Man City
Have conceded less.
Pretty damn impressive by anyones standards
If only we could score a few

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it shows how we are adjusting to moving up a division. We haven't been heavily outplayed yet. It is ALWAYs a good indicator.
Yes ... I think one or two of the above replies have totally missed your point. Absolutely no need to worry about goal difference but it is always a very good pointer in terms of working out who the stronger teams are.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's frustrating but...
Nuno has been at the helm less than 18 months and the progress under his tenure has been phenomenal. In an odd way it's symptomatic of our meteoric rise that we are discussing shortcomings scoring goals. I would say it's near enough impossible to change a football club faster than what Nuno and Fosun are doing at Wolves. As fans we just need a bit more patience as we sit back enjoy the ride

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn’t help that some fans already expect us to finish 7th or 8th.

It’s a huge step up and the lads are doing their very best.
When a team like Watford (who are better than most would like to admit) teach us a footballing lesson it goes to show how far we have to go be at their level let alone thinking of the top 8!!

P

Pinhead

the team and backroom staff are doing a fantastic job as has already been said look where we are compared to 2 seasons ago we have proved we can create chances just need to execute them more often

C

Can't B Arsed Wolf

I think all Wolves fans agree, it's not working in front of goal, we have a better defence than we've had for years, midfield is more than adequate, sometimes sublime but so far forwards have been pretty woeful, 145 shots in ten games with a goal tally of nine! Now, I've always assumed the second string, reserves, are there for cover should anyone be injured or the system needs a kick up the backside. Not being able to ship in a new player till January, we have few options, Nuno can carry on, shuffle the front three or give a reserve striker a go. To my mind it's a given, it's not exactly going for broke but I'm certain all our squads play and understand Nuno's system so, if the likes of Ashley Seal is scoring for fun let's have him do his stuff in the Prem, I'm not criticising others in the squad but, giving a kid a run would galvanise all.

Back
Top Bottom