Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Free transfers

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
The Premier League has published a list of all the players out-of-contract at clubs in the Premier League last season:
http://www.theguardian.com/football...eleased-players-lists-abou-diaby-glen-johnson

Anyone there of interest?

I do not expect us to sign anyone on the list, but if we were to get a mega-millions offer for Stearman, could Distin be a one-season stop-gap at Left Centre Back? He would certainly be a wise head and give Kourtney Hause a great example to follow. Old but still quality.

Elsewhere Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor from Newcastle are good players, but not sure I'd want to take the risk with either. Dare I say it, I reckon Mulumbu would be great in the Championship, but I guess his wages will be far more than we would pay.

Thoughts on those, or is there anyone good that I've missed?

D

Dewsburywolf

If you missed any I'm sure they weren't missed on the similar thread a fortnight or so back

As mentioned on another thread hurry up August

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
Lol, August can't come soon enough! In my defence the list was only published today...

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ryo Miyaichi worth a look..
Remie Streete thought he was highly thought of a while back.

S

Smithy

If you missed any I'm sure they weren't missed on the similar thread a fortnight or so back

As mentioned on another thread hurry up August

That thread was for championship players.

To be honest though, there's not a lot on that list that excites me. McShane from Hull is a good player.

Miyaichi is a shout actually Taffy.

G

GNLwolf

(Posted earlier on the summer transfer thread, but seems we're talking about released players here)

Maybe John Guidetti? Not sure his ego would allow him to move to the Championship, but got a lot to prove- was tipped for big things. He seemed to do okay at Celtic (not that means much).

Would be a pretty big statement/ raise a few eyebrows

Last edited by a moderator:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ryo Miyaichi worth a look..
Remie Streete thought he was highly thought of a while back.

Streete seemed to have stalled a bit In His development. Good link to us though with his dad playing here.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be honest though, there's not a lot on that list that excites me. McShane from Hull is a good player.

McShane off to Reading i think.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McShane and Mulumbu would increase the quality in our team so much, but, I wont be holding my breath as we only seem to be interested in lower league players

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McShane wouldn't improve our team. He'd provide expensive back up. No thanks.

Mulumbu would add undoubted quality but imo £30k a week wages in this division is a huge no no. Been there done that, $$$$ that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Karl fella from QPR could do a job.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see our former youth player Robbie Parry is on there, strange as he had a good season even though Stoke didn't do very well with 6 goals in 15 from the wing.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Miyachi on a free could be a great shout, he was really highly thought of not so long ago and is full of pace and tricks.

D

Deleted member 3604

Thoughts on those, or is there anyone good that I've missed?

They are not free. They like signing on fees. I wouldn't touch players who will be taking big pay cuts after earning millions. Their motivation may be questionable.

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
They are not free. They like signing on fees. I wouldn't touch players who will be taking big pay cuts after earning millions. Their motivation may be questionable.

I know, I too wouldn't touch most of them and don't expect us to sign any of them (have always preferred the 'young and hungry' approach), but that doesn't preclude us from even looking at this market (e.g. Distin/Miyaichi).

Not meant to be serious, 'we should buy player x' thread. Was just interested in other posters' opinions on players whose clubs obviously don't value them anymore. (A June thread!)

Purple Ronnie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Talking of free transfers have we actually officially released Ricketts?

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

McShane is loved by the Hull faithful because of his never say die approach which was epitomised in the last game of the season when an awful foul from Fellaini (which earned him a straight red card) resulted in a big deep gash in McShane's thigh. They strapped him up and he carried on to the end of the game. He is a better defender than Batth and teamed up with Stearman would give us a solid, experienced central defensive pairing. I cannot see it happening though for two reasons 1. his wages and 2. his age (29).

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McShane is okay. He isn't better them Batth. If he was then Hull would of kept him and Sunderland and other premiership teams would be after freebie McShane and not Batth.

T

The Pundit

Some old experienced heads in there with a bit of nous to see us up:

Wes Brown
Gareth McAuley
Brede Hangeland

Joey Barton
Yousseff Mulumbu

Bobby Zamora

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a fit, motivated Zamora is a good player...but I detect two problems

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sign Zamora I am $$$$ing Kelly Brook! Get the picture?!

T

The Pundit

Zamora would be decent in our league. I'd use him in a front three, taking out their centre back to give Afobe and Dicko lots of space.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we moved Wolverhampton into London? Bobby won't fancy banks's over his Moët

T

The Pundit

I feel that sometimes we don't have to keep playing the guessing game over whether a player will be successful. Joe Mason and Michal Zyro may need a season to settle similar to Rajiv Van La Parra.

You know what you're getting with a player like Zamora, experience of playing these teams countless times, big physicality and and good hold up play.

I'd rather we took our chances and gambled with a youngster instead, like Jordan Graham. That way we aren't wasting £2m.

There is no way that Kenny will spend big, he never does. I expect a £2m signing (likelihood is Zyro next week) then a cheaper lower league player like Wallace and maybe a more experienced free signing.

If I could only take one player it would be an experienced central midfielder who can allow McDonald more freedom and help us keep possession when we're 1-0 up in the 70th minute.

Back
Top Bottom