Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fraser

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea it’s worrying for both the club and the player that he’s about to get thrown in to the team. This is a player we were loaning to a struggling league one side in January if we signed anybody. The kid will come good but he’s no where near PL level and won’t be for a few years yet.
Bellegarde's and Fraser's readiness would have been known about well before January.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest issue with Fraser isn't if he's good enough (albeit that has to be questioned) or if he will fall apart mentally (but he's his own character, not every 19 year old is Fabio Silva, they all have their own character).

The biggest issue is the style of play - or put another way, what we ask him to do in the role.

He's not a player to pick the ball up and run half the length of the field. He's not a player who will burn players off running the channels with massive work rate.

He's a box striker, decent in the air, will look to get on the end of crosses, who can also play with back to goal.

So if he is used more frequently, which looks the case at the moment, then we need to adapt our style of play for the different options he provides.

If that's not done and we try and play him as a Cunha/Hwang replacement, then he is a round peg in a square hole - and that's not on the player (whatever age)
I'd play him tbh and tell him to play around the 6 yard box, like an old-fashioned no 9. No drifting out wide or going deep. Be the focal point up top and let the others run around and provide for him. We're hopefully only looking at 2 -3 games.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Showed bits of promise, showed bits of he isn't ready. Anything he does/can do is a bonus for his development, just let him develop at his own pace

He looked far more ready and competitive in the central role than JRB has in all of his games in the same role!

Give him a go! While he is raw, let him learn.

Better to have him try and learn, than continue to run the confidence of JRB even further into the floor as he has been largely as passenger when playing centrally.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is going to have to play and we will have to alter slightly how we play. I think it could work but only if we get Neto and Sarabia playing narrow and close to him, with Mario, Gomes and the 2 wing backs contributing on the press as well. Bellegarde who I do like looks very low on confidence and needs playing behind the striker but never as a no9.

One thing we simply cannot do is to play Fraser and leave him isolated. He will need players around him and it may then work. I think he has to play against Fulham.

I hope it can work unless ONeil plans to have a look at some of the other young attacking players like Noha, Chirewa, Barnett or evern Chiwome and Angel.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is going to have to play and we will have to alter slightly how we play. I think it could work but only if we get Neto and Sarabia playing narrow and close to him, with Mario, Gomes and the 2 wing backs contributing on the press as well. Bellegarde who I do like looks very low on confidence and needs playing behind the striker but never as a no9.

I hope it can work unless ONeil plans to have a look at some of the other young attacking players like Noha, Chirewa, Barnett or evern Chiwome and Angel.
Would front two of Fraser & Sarabia work?? 3-5-2

Extra man in the midfield would certainly help us keep the shape and balance the game more.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One thing we simply cannot do is to play Fraser and leave him isolated. He will need players around him and it may then work. I think he has to play against Fulham.

I'm all for looking at other options but who plays no 9 if not Fraser?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be amazed if he doesn't! They did a little social media piece on him yesterday and we have no Cunha or Hwang and Bellegarde is not a striker.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would absolutely love for him to start.
I think from listening to the Press Conference today it will be Sarabia, Fraser, Neto up top. Lemina and Gomes mf and the only change at the back S Bueno in for the injured Dawson. I think however well or badly the front 3 goes tomorrow GON should stick with this until Cunha and then Hwang return. Give Fraser a short run in the side and this will hopefully benefit him in the future.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think from listening to the Press Conference today it will be Sarabia, Fraser, Neto up top. Lemina and Gomes mf and the only change at the back S Bueno in for the injured Dawson. I think however well or badly the front 3 goes tomorrow GON should stick with this until Cunha and then Hwang return. Give Fraser a short run in the side and this will hopefully benefit him in the future.
Bloody hell, I predicted the Albion result and scorers and now got this spot on - if only I was a betting man!

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Go on lad, grab this chance with both hands.

....or feet actually. Don't want to be sent off on your full league debut.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did ok. Will certainly start against Coventry now. Massive opportunity for him and potentially the likes of Chirewa and Noha Lemina this season now.
I think I would be tempted to give the last 2 some minutes for sure.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Did well under very difficult circumstances. Led the line and worked incredibly hard defensively.

We shouldn't be in a position where he are starting him in an FA Cup Quarter Final but today’s performance suggests he’ll acquit himself well if he does.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did ok imo but at least he is a CF and plays up top so we stick with him until the injury situation improves.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was a shame for him that the tactics and players around him had to change so early on.

Back
Top Bottom