Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Frank Lampard

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm throwing his name in the ring, definately worth a discussion. These guys that are being linked from abroad know nothing about the premiership or Wolves. People will say he failed at Chelsea but did he really? He spent alot of money for season 2 and those players are now settling in and starting to show their worth. Season 1 they had a transfer embargo and he had to play some youth and they played some good attacking stuff.
At Derby they made the play offs, look how they've faltered since he's left.. Again Derby played high tempo attractive football.
He definately deserves to be considered imo

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm throwing his name in the ring, definately worth a discussion. These guys that are being linked from abroad know nothing about the premiership or Wolves. People will say he failed at Chelsea but did he really? He spent alot of money for season 2 and those players are now settling in and starting to show their worth. Season 1 they had a transfer embargo and he had to play some youth and they played some good attacking stuff.
At Derby they made the play offs, look how they've faltered since he's left.. Again Derby played high tempo attractive football.
He definately deserves to be considered imo
No thanks

Reaction score
I'd take him as part of the backroom team in a heartbeat. If he could teach Neves the art of those late runs and subsequent goalscoring, it could be worth 10+ goals a season.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You may aswell close the thread because we aint getting lampard. Underachieved at Derby as he had Chelsea loanees who are now clearly better than championship (Mount, Tomori) and shows no tactical know how. Has no capabilities in what is now an important rebuilding job.
Fosun wouldnt go for him and just no, no, no, no, no thank you.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had to rebuild with no money and most of our senior team leaving, then he would definitely be a solid option to bring the youth through.

If we still have money to spend though, I'd prefer either AVB or Benitez.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lampard in Management Season 1: Allowed Villa to get promoted by keeping Mason Mount on the bench in play-off final until they were 2 down

Lampard in Management Season 2: Beats Wolves on final day to stop us finishing 6th, then loses FA Cup Final to a poor Arsenal team to stop Wolves qualifying for Europe.

It's a no for me...

slaphead_wolf

Reaction score
Woys available, good record, would fit into us signing domestic players. Armstrong, Mee and Olise for me, might just about keep us up next season, if not he knows the league and probs get us in the playoffs season after.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may aswell close the thread because we aint getting lampard. Underachieved at Derby as he had Chelsea loanees who are now clearly better than championship (Mount, Tomori) and shows no tactical know how. Has no capabilities in what is now an important rebuilding job.
Fosun wouldnt go for him and just no, no, no, no, no thank you.
It wouldn't surprise me. He was lined up to take over at Palace and now he's withdrawn from it.

KildareWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No way definitely not look how bad he had a really good Chelsea team going this season

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great players do not always make great managers.

Done absolutely nothing to suggest he will be a great manager yet.

We need a proven manager not a punt on a maybe.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
No thanks. Please God no. Only got a chance at Derby and then Chelsea because he was a big name player. Has shown nothing to demonstrate he can take us forward. Plus I don't want a Chelsea hero managing our side. No no no. Jesus, this is an awful day, don't make it any worse with crap like this.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's far too associated with Chelsea. Were he to pat the Wolf Head on his jacket it would never seem genuine. He's Chelsea through and through.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d rather Glenn Hoddle than failure Frank Lampard failed at Derby and Chelsea no thanks. Lives off his reputation as a good footballer

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last four years suggests Fosun will continue to trust Mendes to find the next manager so there is no chance it will be Lampard or anyone not represented by Jorge so very likely to be Portuguese (or at a pinch Spanish.)

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope with every sense of my being this isn’t true

Back
Top Bottom