Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fran Garagarza

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think this deserves its own thread.

Rumours on twitter he could be leaving for Espanyol. This surely cant be good news if correct. Closely linked with
Lopetegui and he's only just really got here with a good reputation at finding good players.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be as Lopetegui may well be off very soon his backroom staff need new jobs.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's barely ever here anyway is he?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's barely ever here anyway is he?

Not sure but Lopetegui wanted him when he came here and he has a very good reputation at finding players abroad for decent fees. Concerning he could be leaving after such a short stay when he looked a pretty exciting and good appointment when Lopetegui came.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is/was he even a permanent appointment?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure but Lopetegui wanted him when he came here and he has a very good reputation at finding players abroad for decent fees. Concerning he could be leaving after such a short stay when he looked a pretty exciting and good appointment when Lopetegui came.

Maybe its one of those things where we want committed people here, and if he wants to stay in Spain maybe he isnt right for us.

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Rumours on twitter he could be leaving for Espanyol. This surely cant be good news if correct. Closely linked with
Lopetegui and he's only just really got here with a good reputation at finding good players.
Where's it say he could be leaving? Only seen that he's "reportedly" a target of Espanyol. Is this more substantial than a rumour?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a permanent appointment unless I am mistaken. Lopetegui wanted him here.

Well, it was the fact that I think his title was "Technical Advisor" rather than a normal title that made me say it. And that Hobbs, with less experience, was appointed as DoF above him.

If you've seen something different, then that's good to know, thanks.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour was Lopetegui was working much more closely with Hobbs anyway wasn't it?
It’s been reported as such. I think he was appointed by JL as an insurance to represent him in transfer discussions and have an additional person in the room when negotiating with the club. Remember he was possibly going to work with Sellars. But it’s been reported JL and his son have a good relationship with Hobbs and agree on a lot so the role has become somewhat redundant.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, it was the fact that I think his title was "Technical Advisor" rather than a normal title that made me say it. And that Hobbs, with less experience, was appointed as DoF above him.

Yeah, might just have been a short term permanent appointment to advise on our structure etc.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he’s been sidelined by the relationship between Hobbs and Lopetegui

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the things that worries me at the moment is that we've built an entire structure around Lopetegui, but he won't commit long-term. It means if he leaves the whole thing comes down and we start again from scratch. And we know Fosun don't have any football men...

Reactions: DJW

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the things that worries me at the moment is that we've built an entire structure around Lopetegui, but he won't commit long-term. It means if he leaves the whole thing comes down and we start again from scratch. And we know Fosun don't have any football men...
We don't know that he won't commit long term. All we know is that he hasn't committed yet.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't know that he won't commit long term. All we know is that he hasn't committed yet.
Actually he has. Signed a contract and everything apparently.
Who would have thought it?
What kind of additional commitment is required?
And given this is football, things change every day.
If Jeff receives an offer of £20million compensation from PSG do you think he won’t sell JL down the river?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

can you link or cite the source please so we can make a judgement on how reliable this source is?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seen nothing different at all but I presumed he was a full time appointment. I stand corrected if I am wrong.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can you link or cite the source please so we can make a judgement on how reliable this source is?

Talking Wolves had put a link on twitter last night from a twitter account. Sorry. I'm crap at linking stuff on here.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sports director: Fran Garagarza would be on pole

The one from Motriku would be the candidate who today would be in the best position to take over from Catoira at Espanyol. We will still have to be patient to know the final chosen one

⚪#RCDE

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just because he’s becoming the DoF at Espanyol doesn’t mean he’s completely out the picture as an advisor for Wolves.

It could be a situation similar to how Luis Campos operates, he’s mainly works for PSG, but is also paid as an advisor/consultant at Celta Vigo for example.

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just because he’s becoming the DoF at Espanyol doesn’t mean he’s completely out the picture as an advisor for Wolves.

It could be a situation similar to how Luis Campos operates, he’s mainly works for PSG, but is also paid as an advisor/consultant for Celta Vigo for example.
This is a good point i mean he genuinely has only been to wolves not many times, he mainly stays out in spain and can advise from teams/zoom tbh

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It could be a situation similar to how Luis Campos operates, he’s mainly works for PSG, but is also paid as an advisor/consultant for Celta Vigo for example.

Bit unlikely though as his priorities would have to be with one club or the other and I cant see Wolves playing 2nd fiddle to Espanyol.
Overall not good news for us I would say and not exactly a vote of confidence in Lopetegui staying here.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His job was to discover talent . If he goes , who does that better ?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually read the article its clickbait putting two and two together, just saying that garagarza would be the best fit, nothing in there saying hes been approached etc

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It could be a situation similar to how Luis Campos operates, he’s mainly works for PSG, but is also paid as an advisor/consultant at Celta Vigo for example.
Seems to me he operates almost as an independent consultant - a hired gun, if you will.
See

(Sorry, too much there to translate...)

Back
Top Bottom