Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FOSUN News

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not have a thread dedicated to FOSUN and how they pop up in the news with acquisitions and sales? Some could have implications long-term on our club.

Today: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...of-assets-in-reversal-of-15-billion-m-a-spree

As to acquisitions, Fosun isn’t giving up on them, just limiting them to industries it defines as "health, wealth and happiness," according to Liang. Recently, it agreed to buy Indian drugmaker Gland Pharma Ltd. through its pharmaceutical unit (health), offered to increase its stake in Banco Comercial Portugues SA (wealth) and purchased the Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club (happiness).

Wolves as a "happiness" purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member LP 3925

And now we're even owned by happy clappers!

S

ShropshireLad

Have to admit there have been times when following Wolves has not been good for my health, wealth nor happiness. Let's hope they ring the changes.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Flashing up on my Bloomberg...

*FININVEST COMMENTS ON PRESS REPORTS RE FOSUN, MILAN IN E-MAIL
*FININVEST: FOSUN GROUP NEVER MADE PROPOSAL FOR AC MILAN CLUB

Puts that one to bed then!

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Flashing up on my Bloomberg...

*FININVEST COMMENTS ON PRESS REPORTS RE FOSUN, MILAN IN E-MAIL
*FININVEST: FOSUN GROUP NEVER MADE PROPOSAL FOR AC MILAN CLUB

Puts that one to bed then!

Great news - we are still the number #1 child

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news - we are still the number #1 child

But they do also invest in Cirque de Soleil. Let's hope they don't replace Morgan & Moxey with another couple of clowns.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Translation of first bit of report re AC Milan investment, below from the link:
http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.i...oposta-da-gruppo-fosun-_1112175-201602a.shtml

The Fosun Group has never directly or indirectly made ​​proposals nor started negotiations for Milan . " This was stated by a Fininvest spokesman in relation to some press reports that a new consortium led by Guo Guangchang would be interested in the Rossoneri thanks to ' involvement of Jorge Mendes , the agent of Cristiano Ronaldo and Mourinho .
The GSR fund Sonny Wu represented by Sal Galatioto and Nicholas Gancikoff , therefore, remains the only negotiating for the sale of Milan . The Fininvest known closes any discussion of rumors of an alleged inclusion in the deal of the Chinese tycoon who has just bought the Wolverhampton.

Fininvest are Berlusconi's controlling company of AC Milan,

P

paddy

Looks like a right shady investment group buying ACM
So glad fosun only focuson'd us

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This just shows you the size and scale FOSUN really are. It's going to be very interesting if they get us promoted in the next 2 years.

S

ShropshireLad

Here's a very interesting article regarding FOSUN and Guo Guangchang:

http://knowledge.ckgsb.edu.cn/2016/...chang-fosun-group-another-berkshire-hathaway/
I wonder what Fosun's extraneous interests are in the city of Wolvo? Mining and steel will be out so that leaves health, entertainments and property development. I'm sure they have an alternative agenda given what Geoff Shi said about Wolves being their target as a result of enabling their business to grow.

What do you reckon they could possibly offer to Wolvo that would be in both their business interest and that of the local population?

D

Deleted member 4456

I wonder what Fosun's extraneous interests are in the city of Wolvo? Mining and steel will be out so that leaves health, entertainments and property development. I'm sure they have an alternative agenda given what Geoff Shi said about Wolves being their target as a result of enabling their business to grow.

What do you reckon they could possibly offer to Wolvo that would be in both their business interest and that of the local population?

It'll be very interesting to see where they decide to go in terms of European/British acquisitions. From an outsider's point of view I'd like to think that their involvement in Wolverhampton will go beyond the club and the local branch of Thomas Cook. As I said in another thread, I'm sure the unambitious Labour council are practically praying for FOSUN to bail them out of the brown stuff as far as city centre redevelopment goes. They can certainly offer jobs and regeneration, but how will the powers that be convince them to take their involvement beyond the "quick buck" of getting our team back to the Premier League?

S

ShropshireLad

It'll be very interesting to see where they decide to go in terms of European/British acquisitions. From an outsider's point of view I'd like to think that their involvement in Wolverhampton will go beyond the club and the local branch of Thomas Cook. As I said in another thread, I'm sure the unambitious Labour council are practically praying for FOSUN to bail them out of the brown stuff as far as city centre redevelopment goes. They can certainly offer jobs and regeneration, but how will the powers that be convince them to take their involvement beyond the "quick buck" of getting our team back to the Premier League?
Property development creates jobs but then there needs to be businesses to occupy the properties when they're built. High rise flats in London suburbs are on the Chinese agenda but they're occupied by more wealthy types whereas I'd guess that Wolvo is more in need of "social housing".

Still, time will tell. I think it took a couple of years before the Chinese company involved in Sheffield United started to make their plans clear about investment in that particular city.

wesley

Reaction score
FOSUN International Group's shares have been climbing quite nicely in the last month or so on the Hang Seng. From dipping below $10 in early summer they are now trading at $12.28 equalling a market cap for FOSUN of $105bn. Still someway off 52 week highs of $15.72 but encouraging all the same.

W

Wichenford Wolf

Unclear (to me) from that article how much they are in their various sectors for the long term. Any good business owner will have an "endgame" for their investments - as an individual it might be to retire, or you might want to grow the business and sell or even pass the investment on to your children, etc. An analysis of Fosun's disposals would be interesting.

Of course the endgame might change if the business fails to achieve the business plan - e.g. we don't achieve EPL status within say three years. As others have said, we are in exciting times for the club whatever we may think of the Chinese and their apparent desire to take over the world.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

Is it not all just wishful thinking on our part?

To me we are just part of their 'happiness' (leisure) division in the business.....they are investors looking to profit and getting to the PL means a super quick, ****load of a return on their investment.

I personally can't see them venturing out into the city for development any time soon at all, if ever.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By creating a success out of Wolves and getting us into the Premier League, their name becomes more recognised in the western world and ultimately proves beneficial to them in gaining the trust of sellers when trying to make major acquisitions.

Prior to taking us over, you'd just think who on earth are they? Getting us into the PL I think will benefit them massively as they look to expand further in Europe and what better a way to gain prominence than buying a football club with zero debt, an excellent top tier academy, great stadium (maybe a bit bias but who doesn't love the golden palace) and a large fan base eager for investment on the players to get us back into the Premier League.

They could have gone for any football club, even Manchester United as Jeff Shi said, but they chose to make a success story out of Wolves after much deliberation because it's a real challenge and the potential is clearly there. That to me is so exciting given the financial clout and links they possess.

Back
Top Bottom