Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun Looking For New Investors

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I clutch at the same straw!
I also use the fact they didn’t go ahead with the second temporary bit in the SE corner to provide me with hope that something significant is somewhere in the pipeline….
I was speaking to someone through work who said apparently quite a few Prem grounds are having surveys done because there's a change due in FA regulations about stadiums. Maybe work will be done in line with this...there's a further somewhat confused straw to grasp at!

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything on new investors?
Nobody's investing for a small stake in Wolves the sums of money that would make it worth it for Fosun to give up complete control of things.

If you want to invest in English football you buy full control of a lower league club for the cheaper fee and go for the Premier League in that way, you don't cough up 50 million or so just to own 20% of a team bobbling around in lower midtable that's made big losses in recent years.

If Fosun genuinely want Wolves to have more funding they should be able to generate it through their own global empire.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody's investing for a small stake in Wolves the sums of money that would make it worth it for Fosun to give up complete control of things.

If you want to invest in English football you buy full control of a lower league club for the cheaper fee and go for the Premier League in that way, you don't cough up 50 million or so just to own 20% of a team bobbling around in lower midtable that's made big losses in recent years.

If Fosun genuinely want Wolves to have more funding they should be able to generate it through their own global empire.

That assumes Fosun are selling a minority stake in the club and that’s it. More interesting and likely is selling a majority in the stadium and surrounding land to an investor in sports stadia who is able to raise capital at competitive rates. It can go wrong of course, but done right, and it could see 100m+ being invested in the stadium and surrounding land.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That assumes Fosun are selling a minority stake in the club and that’s it. More interesting and likely is selling a majority in the stadium and surrounding land to an investor in sports stadia who is able to raise capital at competitive rates. It can go wrong of course, but done right, and it could see 100m+ being invested in the stadium and surrounding land.
‘More interesting and likely’? Doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom