Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun Looking For New Investors

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
On injuries impacting his squad

“We’ve felt it for a while. No excuses – we know the situation. Coventry today were the better side. We have to take that, to accept it. I can’t criticise the players that we had available, they gave absolutely everything.

“Today is just an accumulation of where the club has ended up. It is what it is. You can’t criticise the players and anyone who wants to blame the players for today is miles off in their opinion. The players gave everything. We have one senior attacker fit at a Premier League football club, which makes it tough. We can move Rayan higher, but then we lose Rayan lower. We can move Mario [Lemina] higher, but then we lose Mario lower.

“We juggled a few things around which helped us get back into the game and then it ended up costing us the game because we didn’t defend very well. We gave everything, but we came up a bit short. Coventry were able to capitalise on the fact they played us on a day when we were miles below our best with loads of players missing, and we weren’t able to get it done, which I’m gutted about. It’s my responsibility to get it done and we didn’t.”
----------------------------------------------------------

Gary sums it up perfectly. The position the club has put itself in. £100million worth of player out on loan. Most of them will never kick a ball for Wolves again. Appalling transfer strategy

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't come soon enough.

Actually surprised we're still part of FOSUN's portfolio. Obviously got no ambition to invest in the stadium or progress the club any further. Wouldn't it make sense to sell now? If the right offer came along. They'd surely fetch a lot more than what they paid and even the investment since.
Looking at the south bank roof today and it’s a ****ing disgrace. The ground needs a fair bit of work in the summer to make it look half decent

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the south bank roof today and it’s a ****ing disgrace. The ground needs a fair bit of work in the summer to make it look half decent
Be surprised if it's done, FOSUN seem determined to spend the minimum from here on out. Be surprised if they're still here within a few years.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“We’ve felt it for a while. No excuses – we know the situation. Coventry today were the better side. We have to take that, to accept it. I can’t criticise the players that we had available, they gave absolutely everything.

“Today is just an accumulation of where the club has ended up. It is what it is. You can’t criticise the players and anyone who wants to blame the players for today is miles off in their opinion. The players gave everything. We have one senior attacker fit at a Premier League football club, which makes it tough. We can move Rayan higher, but then we lose Rayan lower. We can move Mario [Lemina] higher, but then we lose Mario lower.

“We juggled a few things around which helped us get back into the game and then it ended up costing us the game because we didn’t defend very well. We gave everything, but we came up a bit short. Coventry were able to capitalise on the fact they played us on a day when we were miles below our best with loads of players missing, and we weren’t able to get it done, which I’m gutted about. It’s my responsibility to get it done and we didn’t.”

Gary sums it up perfectly. The position the club has put itself in. £100million worth of player out on loan. Most of them will never kick a ball for Wolves again. Appalling transfer strategy
Some fair points from GON in there, his own failings today aside.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Failed to even get us a loan striker in January, today is on them, they’ll then go and put up season ticket prices

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If I were him (he won't btw) I 'd absolutely look for assurances this Summer or consider my options.

We've got great players( not many of them) and a top manager, but absolutely **** owners who need to sort themselves out or **** off.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The 'W' outside the front Reception annoys me more. If I worked on the desk I'd paint it myself it'd take 30 mins. Suprised there isn't a maintenance chap for small jobs like that.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O'Neil is pathetic.

He had the chance to criticise the situation in January. He didn't. Now he wants to use it as an excuse. Coward.

You were either happy with the squad, or you weren't. Don't use it when you want.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just can’t believe we don’t line up 10 targets in a window in the entire world and make sure we get one of them

Sign simms ffs. 10 x the player Fraser is
Please don’t. Yes he is 10x the that Fraser is but he still isn’t very good. He wouldn’t have had a sniff yesterday if the defence had performed even like a half competent PL team

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Please don’t. Yes he is 10x the that Fraser is but he still isn’t very good. He wouldn’t have had a sniff yesterday if the defence had performed even like a half competent PL team
Not sure that he isn't very good. Coventry paid around £8 million to Everton for him I believe.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just can’t believe we don’t line up 10 targets in a window in the entire world and make sure we get one of them

Sign simms ffs. 10 x the player Fraser is
Simms is still ***** though.

He actually reminds me of Robert Taylor in the way he runs and plays. Remember him and the disastrous signing he was for us?

Our defence made Simms look 10 x the player he is.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I were him (he won't btw) I 'd absolutely look for assurances this Summer or consider my options.

We've got great players( not many of them) and a top manager, but absolutely **** owners who need to sort themselves out or **** off.

Jl was given assurances and the goal posts kept being moved.

He was given assurances in Jan of letting sasa and silva go and one would come in….. goal posts moved and we didn’t…..

Jeff’s word is about as meaningful and believable as a child saying they aren’t eating cookies while their hand is in the cookie jar and the other hand is about to put another cookie in their mouth, with chocolate chip stains on their chin lol

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When GON walks then says later I wasn't backed . I presume when JLO said it or even Lage some people laughed it off .

The problem is the lack of strategy at the top . Could some clever person on here list the successful owners or companies in the top European leagues based from China .

I can list a few failed owners but none that are significantly successful in the top leagues .

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O'Neil is pathetic.

He had the chance to criticise the situation in January. He didn't. Now he wants to use it as an excuse. Coward.

You were either happy with the squad, or you weren't. Don't use it when you want.
There is a slight difference to taking the job and being happy with the squad and understanding the constraints in January , and being unhappy with how things are currently with 4 senior forwards and your most experienced defender all being injured. But you know that :)

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When GON walks then says later I wasn't backed . I presume when JLO said it or even Lage some people laughed it off .

The problem is the lack of strategy at the top . Could some clever person on here list the successful owners or companies in the top European leagues based from China .

I can list a few failed owners but none that are significantly successful in the top leagues .
Inter?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I would have used some of the household budget on painting Sir Jack's face.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we need a bit of perspective here, I honestly thought we would go down this year and I’d imagine the bookies had us pretty short odds. We’ve got to a cup quarter final. We’re 9th in the league. Yeah mistakes have been made re recruitment but not to many recently. We obviously have sailed very close to the wind on FFP so I don’t see how we could have really bolstered the squad in January. It is what it is. Overall it’s going to end up a successful season whatever happens. Hopefully lessons have been learned and I think they have.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun lost interest ages ago. They are trying to be clever and make a minority stake raise a significant amount of cash. But which right minded person would ever take a minority with them in control? It would be like donating to fosun. They need to sell up this summer

bigwolf

Reaction score
Fosun lost interest ages ago. They are trying to be clever and make a minority stake raise a significant amount of cash. But which right minded person would ever take a minority with them in control? It would be like donating to fosun. They need to sell up this summer

I see it differently.

From day one FOSUN have only ever been in it to make money. Success on the pitch is secondary and has always been the case.

My perception is they have realised that there was basically no chance or breaking and maintaining a top six position without spending serious big money. That is extremely difficult for a whole host of reasons for FOSUN and Wolves.

Now the priority is to maintain our PL status and build the value of the asset. Another five years in the PL and it could be worth a billion.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is the truth and will they spend in the summer? Are the goalposts going to be moved again.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe in the minority but I think it looks bloody awful compared to the statues of Cullis/Wright the SJH one looks ridiculous and I still can't see much of a likeness.
I've never been too impressed with the statue tbh, but who thought it was a good idea to paint the face should be sent to the tower!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The football leaks made it very clear what Fosun's intentions are. I dunno why people have ignored those, it's literally Fosun's own words on why they bought Wolves! No need for any ambiguity.

Profit is to be made on player trading, it's why they also bought a share in Gestifute around the same time. Although that relationship seems to have soured after Silva and Guedes.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owners are broke and heavily financed - but Marotta is an amazing Director of Football also did miracles at Juve getting in Pogba Pirlo Vidal etc
Also Inzaghi is an amazing manager. Have to respect Inter and shows you can be financially savvy and successful - they got rid of Hakimi and Lukaku for best part of 200m euros and replaced with Dumfries for 20 odd and Dzeko for free - and actually improved

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also Inzaghi is an amazing manager. Have to respect Inter and shows you can be financially savvy and successful - they got rid of Hakimi and Lukaku for best part of 200m euros and replaced with Dumfries for 20 odd and Dzeko for free - and actually improved

Marotta is a miracle worker, to get 50m for Onana and replace him with a keeper way better than him for 6m

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve dropped another £64m in to the club over the 2 years to the end of 2022/23 since writing off the £126m loans made in the first 4 years. They’re supposed to have put another £18m in so far this season too. That’s a funny way of showing they’ve lost interest.

People keep taking about them as though they’re skimming money off the profits being raked in when they’re actually piling money in to cover loses. They’ve put at least £208m in to the club in the nearly 8 years they’ve owned us, that’s on top of the purchase price and doesn’t include the various sponsorship income like sponsoring the training ground for £1m a year and other money coming in for ad space from their other companies.

We spent £211m on player acquisitions in 2022/23 alone, Fosun not being committed is the wrong take. Money having been wasted during recent years is a far more relevant criticism.

All of the above numbers are directly from the accounts so are black and white.

Last edited:

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve dropped another £64m in to the club over the 2 years to the end of 2022/23 since writing off the £126m loans made in the first 4 years. They’re supposed to have put another £18m in so far this season too. That’s a funny way of showing they’ve lost interest.

People keep taking about them as thought they’re skimming money off the profits being raked in when they’re actually piling money in to cover loses. They’ve put at least £208m in to the club in the nearly 8 years they’ve owned us, that’s on top of the purchase price and doesn’t include the various sponsorship income like sponsoring the training ground for £1m a year and other money coming in for as space from their other companies.

We spent £211m on player acquisitions in 2022/23 alone, Fosun not being committed is the wrong take. Money having been wasted during recent years is a far more relevant criticism.

All of the above numbers are directly from the accounts so are black and white.
Interesting post Chris do you know the net position factoring in player sales

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting post Chris do you know the net position factoring in player sales
Well that is the net loan position for funds put in by Fosun, the player sales are seperate income in to the club.

But here’s a table of the player purchases, player sales and net funds into and out of Wolves from Fosun:

Year toPurchasesSalesFosun
May-17£32.5m£2.9m£27m (£27m loan in, none out, none offset)
May-18£24.6m£10.7m£48m (£48m loan in, none out, none offset)
May-19£111.0m£21.1m(£56m loan in, none out, none offset)
May-20£118.4m£14.9m-£3.5m (£6m loan in, £2.5m out, £7m offset against sponsorship income etc)
May-21£84.0m£73.8m-£127.5m (£0 in, none out, £126.5m loan written off, £1m sponsorship income etc)
May-22£31.1m£20.1m£13.4m (£13.4m loan in, none out, none offset)
May-23£211.6m£51.8m£51.2m (£51.2m in, none out, none offset)
Total£613.2m£195.3m£64.6m loan owed at May-23

Of the funds in and out from Fosun:

£201.6m paid in to Wolves
-£2.5m paid out (seems to be one transaction, unclear if this was physically paid out from Wolves to Fosun or if it was offset against monies in / out from interrelated companies)
-£8.0m loans offset against sponsorship income of the training ground etc
-£126.5m loans written off
————
£64.6m owed at May-23

Last edited:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that is the net loan position for funds put in by Fosun, the player sales are seperate income in to the club.

But here’s a table of the player purchases, player sales and net funds into and out of Wolves from Fosun:

Year toPurchasesSalesFosun
May-17£32.5m£2.9m£27m (£27m loan in, none out, none offset)
May-18£24.6m£10.7m£48m (£48m loan in, none out, none offset)
May-19£111.0m£21.1m(£56m loan in, none out, none offset)
May-20£118.4m£14.9m-£3.5m (£6m loan in, £2.5m out, £7m offset against sponsorship income etc)
May-21£84.0m£73.8m-£127.5m (£0 in, none out, £126.5m loan written off, £1m sponsorship income etc)
May-22£31.1m£20.1m£13.4m (£13.4m loan in, none out, none offset)
May-23£211.6m£51.8m£51.2m (£51.2m in, none out, none offset)
Total£613.2m£195.3m£64.6m loan owed at May-23

Of the funds in and out from Fosun:

£201.6m paid in to Wolves
-£2.5m paid out (seems to be one transaction, unclear if this was physically paid out from Wolves to Fosun or if it was offset against monies in / out from
interrelated companies)
-£8.0m loans offset against sponsorship income of the training ground etc
-£126.5m loans written off
————
£64.6m owed at May-23
It’s been mentioned that Fosun have put a further £18m in since the last accounts from several journalists after the club invited them in for a presentation from Wolves accountants but this isn’t on published accounts so isn’t part of the above figures.

Added in that takes funds pumped in to Wolves specifically from Fosun and not generated by the club itself to nearly £220m in a bit less than 8 years.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The intention to invest heavily in the squad in the summer will be there.... right up until the ST renewals and memberships have met the required quota!
Rinse and repeat!!! Zzzzzz.
Sorry for my cynicism.
Standard practice at most clubs for decades. Sometimes tweaked with a high-profile signing.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really can't really complain about Fosun on the football front. It's been the best since the 70s, and we've signed many amazing players.

What I am unhappy about is the lack of investment in Molineux. If redeveloping it doesnt make commercial sense, then Fosun need to tell us that. Equally it's up to fans to demand improvements, or get behind a new stadium somewhere else should it ever be proposed.

For all the negativity to Morgan, he actually left a legacy - he built a stand, an academy and he found Fosun. What will Fosun's legacy be ?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I really can't really complain about Fosun on the football front. It's been the best since the 70s, and we've signed many amazing players.

What I am unhappy about is the lack of investment in Molineux. If redeveloping it doesnt make commercial sense, then Fosun need to tell us that. Equally it's up to fans to demand improvements, or get behind a new stadium somewhere else should it ever be proposed.

For all the negativity to Morgan, he actually left a legacy - he built a stand, an academy and he found Fosun. What will Fosun's legacy be ?
at least we had a nice stadium I mean who cares about double relegation and being in league one.

Fosun bought European football back morgan bought lower league football back

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom