Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forwards NOT strikers

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clear as day what Nuno wants.
Look at the players shipped out, they dont fit the system.
We have a forward line of Jota Bonatini Cav with Ronan Bright Zyro and Costa to come back as well.
None of them are what you would say are traditional strikers.
But neither is Firminho at Liverpool.
Even todays great hope from PSV isn't a striker, hes a forward

People are going to have to accept this

C

CzechWolf

That's how I see things. Dicko and Graham don't fit. Wilson out on loan is a strange one though if nothing materialises tonight.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a forward line of Jota Bonatini Cav with Ronan Bright Zyro and Costa to come back as well.

There's people still trying to understand that we're not playing with wingers this season, so trying to understand this is a step too far for some!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are clutching at straws mate. Liverpool have three out and out strikers in their squad. You need variety and we now have one option as the main striker. It is **** poor and a joke and there is no sugar coating this.
We are also weak on options in central midfield as Ronan is not yet seen as central midfielder. They have left us bare with the last two weeks selling players and not replacing them. All the summers work feels almost wasted to me now and I couldnt give a **** if anyone thinks this is an overreaction. Costa isnt even anywhere near match fit yet. Zyro isnt fully match fit. It is a complete joke.

E

Essex Wolf

If the next few games don't go as people expect, like or want many questions will be asked.

W

we8wba

Well yes we have to accept it now

But even still 4 of those are playing week in week out, we have 6 options

That's threadbare

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone gets it. Well done.

Gold Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Agree with this 100% - I'm not too concerned over the lack of a signing. The current forwards we have are a cut above most teams in the Championship. We are yet to have Costa come back, Zyro clearly has a role still to play and can only get better with the right coaching. The same applies for Wilson who is raw, but like in the EFL Cup, proves he can find the back of the net.

W

we8wba

Well yes we have to accept it now

But even still 4 of those are playing week in week out, we have 6 options

That's threadbare

Actually 4 present out 5 with costa injury

And if counting ronan as attacker it means we have 3 options for 2 midfield places

L

Lincoln-WOLF

There's people still trying to understand that we're not playing with wingers this season, so trying to understand this is a step too far for some!
what does that mean? Our wing backs play as high and far forward as wingers

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh right OK great - so the "striker" issue has been cleared up.

@stuj4z or @sc91 could one of you calm happy geniuses clear up the "midfield" issue all us wetters are fretting over.

Cheers.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Jota will be an option up top

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why were we trying to sign strikers then! 18 mil bid for Afobe ffs! Happy Fosun clappers must be feeling a bit sheepish now!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we're about to test the theory for the next 4 months, let's hope Nuno has it right or the revolving door could be spinning again. For the record I think he might just pull it off.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing ridiculous, we will play 7across the midfield hoping player x pushes forward and scores. There isn't a team in the country that hasn't got 3 decent first team strikers.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to sugar coat on this for me its a complete disaster and makes a mockery of the other players we have signed,.

I'm really in a state of shock tonight how we can go into the season with 1 senior striker who isn't even ours , wonder what the plan is when he gets lumped up in the air which I reckon is nailed on now.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 midfielders for 2 positions is stupid but 3 forwards is how we have played in every league game so far.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder what our line up will be in the next round of the league cup, because half the side that beat Southampton have gone....

D

Deleted member 3573J

Boly has silky feet for a big chap, could do a job up top? Focal point?

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very surprised we're still favourites for promotion. Disastrous not getting another striker in if we have any pretensions about going up. Bright has 0 league goals and Bonatini is finding his feet still.

Add to that, we now have much weaker options off the bench than even a week ago.

Poster #29 is right. Nuno seemed delighted about the Southampton result and the fight shown by our squad players, but we seem to have perversely gone straight out and binned three of them off without replacement.

Bizarre end to the window. Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot...

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I knew someone would try and claim it was part of the plan :D

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone on here who is sugarcoating this shambles please name me another side in league football who only have one recognised striker on their books? Many thanks.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Can someone on here who is sugarcoating this shambles please name me another side in league football who only have one recognised striker on their books? Many thanks.

Sometimes it's best not to follow the crowd, this is radical thinking from Shi and Nuno, in 5 years time we may be the template.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Impossible as no other club would leave themselves so unprepared.

This has probably ruined our top 2 chances and made a top 6 a big ask....i really can't get my head around what's just happened.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sometimes it's best not to follow the crowd, this is radical thinking from Shi and Nuno, in 5 years time we may be the template.

Or in 5 months time we may be struggling to score at home to the likes of Barnsley, Burton, Bolton, etc.

Back
Top Bottom