Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Formation 3-4-2-1

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watching Chelsea play it’s interesting that in the above system Hudson-Odoi does no defensive work whatsoever.
Traore could do the same for us . The 3 defenders have to be capable of covering the whole of the back line but much further up as we are in our system far too deep . I would go Boly Saiss Kilman
Tuchal also opts for 2 sitting midfielders. Neves has to be one of ours I would play Otasowie as the other.
Podence and Neto in the 2 behind Willian Jose
This gives us a lot more height and threat in the team from set pieces for me.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I said something similar on the Arsenal team thread.

Was thinking back to our performances against Torino last year where we played a team of:

Rui
Vallejo, Coady, Boly
Traore, Dendoncker, Neves, Saiss, Vinagre
Jota, Jimenez

As much as I’m not a huge fan of Traore at wing-back, he was electric that night, winning Man of the Match in all the English and Italian press reports (seem to recall four of their players being booked for fouls on him).

We were generally excellent that night with Saiss and Dendoncker both breaking into the box and providing excellent cover for the wing-backs when we defended.

I wonder whether something similar might work and whether Neto and Jose could strike up an effective partnership.

Something like:

Rui
Boly, Coady, Kilman
Traore, Dendoncker, Neves, Saiss, Semedo
Neto, Jose

Would also give us a bit more physicality and height in the side for set pieces at both ends.

I’m honestly not sure what the right way to go is at the moment. But given recent results, I wouldn’t be against it.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When Jonny is fit he would obviously come in for Semedo . I would replace Dendoncker in your second team with Podence .

T

TheConcourse

My preference would be a four, but if we’re going to persist with Coady then can we push him 10 yards further up the pitch so we aren’t consistently playing like this...

Coady

Boly Kilman​

Let’s push them up, control the ball better and start to step on to teams.

If there’s a worry about a lack of pace, then we really need Rui to stop playing ****ing Subutteo and step off his line to cover the ball over the top.

Back
Top Bottom