Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest verdict

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally think Sarabia is a bit burned out tbh. Premier league football is a lot higher intensity than he is used to.
Before Wolves he had been used to sitting on the bench.
Maybe that's his strongest position

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was fuming at the time but I don’t really have a problem with MGW giving it back to the fans, as such. 3000 ish away fans yesterday giving him abuse, it’s all part of the banter to take it back from the one person who you’re abusing in a group - it’s fine.

We are, however, clearly living in his head and for him to score a vital goal at home and instantly go to our fans, mocking Cunha’s style of celebration and then doing the fingers in his ears to the fans and also Sarabia, shows he’s got a lot of growing up to do.
The best policy imv would be to ignore MGW completely and demonstrate that we've moved on and don't give two ****s, but sadly the continued baiting will go on with the inevitable response.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Compare him to Cunha is a fairer point, both cost about the same, similar ages. Similar goal involvements but one loves the club, one just loves himself. I know who is less toxic
I compared with Sarabia as he seems a more-similar, creative attacking midfield player, rather than Cunha who I see more of a striker, that's all. Certainly from a cost pov, Cunha is closer.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t, for the life of me, understand why you think Lemina is back up rather than 1st choice!

He has dragged us through so many matches this season, scored vitally important goals, ran himself into the ground and is in line to be our player of the season.

Come on, nnw, you can’t be serious.
He hasn't a clue.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biggest take away from today is that we did indeed let go of a gem in MGW. Excellent today, very impressive.

We are just about done for the season by the look of it. Good to see Cunha back and scoring.
If only he had played at anywhere near that level for us in his time here . Additionally he is playing in a role that suits him there.

But he has turned into an obnoxious little weed with all his theatrics most of it unnecessary, and I am pleased we haven’t lost to him since his move .

If he had put as much effort into playing for Wolves as he does in trying to wind us up now he would have been a far better player than the languid , flick ins and tippy tippy player that we saw on the edge of games or anonymous playing in the old gold

Forest are welcome to him .

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6 games left. 3 the team can be optimistic about, and 3 that will be very challenging. 50 points still in reach!

The amount of negativity on here about this game really is exhausting.

Hobbs needs to clear our some more deadwood so there's at least a full squad again. Wolves have the fourth lowest wage bill in the league and they're 11th. Still pushing for top 10. That's damn near a miracle.

Let's take the money tied up in the players out on loan and just have a real squad. This is really bare bones stuff. Everyone is absolutely exhausted.

Forest have it all in their hands. Good heavens with that fixture list, they ought to stay up with that squad. If they don't, that's a hell of a black mark on Nuno's record.

What would GON have done with that squad, I wonder. A hell of a lot more than Cooper and Nuno I am guessing.
I don’t think there is much quality in Forests squad and they have plenty of players to pick from. How many would get into our squad. Yes, I know people would say a lot of them because we have so few players, but we have so much more quality, just not strength in depth.

MGW is probably their best player, but he blows hot and cold. Murillo at the back is ok. Chris Wood is inconsistent and I don’t rate Awoniyi, despite what anyone says. Thats it for me.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best policy imv would be to ignore MGW completely and demonstrate that we've moved on and don't give two ****s, but sadly the continued baiting will go on with the inevitable response.
After his involvement in "Gob-gate" last season the baiting was inevitable.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTD somehow failed to give credit to Cunhas fantastic goal, thought goals was what the game of football was about.
Jacqui Oatley barely gave him any credit either just kept going on about Sa's assist

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The MGW thing is mainly down to him.

He came back to Molineux with Forest and he had a mixed reception. The South Bank sung 'he's still ****ing ****' but he got a round of applause and reciprocated when taking a corner at the North Bank. So it was not a hostile, horrible experience for him.

Then, the cup game. He had a bit of stick, but again, nothing incredible (I was there). It was when he'd take a corner and a few boos. Then, he celebrated like he did, and it started it all off.

His problem was he let the minority rule his head. There was clearly a small section last year that would abuse his girlfriend on social media, and a minority that argued with his Dad. But that's what it was then. To celebrate as he did, highlighted that minority and turned it into a majority.

We had to sell him because he had no intention of signing a new contract and had a year left. He was clearly desperate to join Steve Cooper.

I think you can sum MGW by two clips yesterday.

We've definitely reached the stage where we can't moan when he gives the fans stick, because some of the abuse is nasty.

However, he 'shushed' Sarabia after scoring his goal. Maybe Sarabia said something to him, he's quite spiky, so we can maybe let that one go.

On their second though, look at him. Sneering over Santi Bueno and shouts in his ear when Danilo scores.

MGW is a very good player but he's a **** and to go all Kevin Keegan, I would love them to go down, even though he will obviously get a move.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTD somehow failed to give credit to Cunhas fantastic goal, thought goals was what the game of football was about.
Perhaps take it as a compliment to Cunha? He's done similar before so it wasn't unexpected.....

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After his involvement in "Gob-gate" last season the baiting was inevitable.
I get that but he seems to revel in the fact he gets all the attention (he had a word with one of our players yesterday after he'd scored which I can only think was not "hard lines sir").
I don't care for his antics, but unlike other players we've baited in the past and affected their game, he seems to go up a gear.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
I get that but he seems to revel in the fact he gets all the attention (he had a word with one of our players yesterday after he'd scored which I can only think was not "hard lines sir").
I don't care for his antics, but unlike other players we've baited in the past and affected their game, he seems to go up a gear.
He was anonymous at Molineux earlier this season. His successes yesterday probably as much to do with our current frailties as raising his game against the boo boys.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Must have been an interesting watch for neutrals. My main observation was Cunha’s goal.
Great run and finish, but he was the only Wolves player in their half.
Their Two goals were caused by inept defence on our part.
I stick by my 14/15 th finish position for us.
If this team beats the Gunners next week it will be a bigger miracle than the Parting of the Red Sea.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think there is much quality in Forests squad and they have plenty of players to pick from. How many would get into our squad. Yes, I know people would say a lot of them because we have so few players, but we have so much more quality, just not strength in depth.

MGW is probably their best player, but he blows hot and cold. Murillo at the back is ok. Chris Wood is inconsistent and I don’t rate Awoniyi, despite what anyone says. Thats it for me.
What about Elanga? Didn't play (injured) yesterday but their best player IMO.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, it was the one incident of real note. Definitely a contender for goal of the month. Never even mentioned!

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Must have been an interesting watch for neutrals. My main observation was Cunha’s goal.
Great run and finish, but he was the only Wolves player in their half.
Their Two goals were caused by inept defence on our part.
I stick by my 14/15 th finish position for us.
If this team beats the Gunners next week it will be a bigger miracle than the Parting of the Red Sea.
It won't be any lower than 13th. There's a big gap after that.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Not nonsense at all, they were loud throughout. In the stand to our left, above and even in the main stand they were loud.

I've been a few times before and remember us easily out singing them a while back (2018ish I reckon?), but today (and I'm aware I'm going on a bit here; but I love our fans and think there's something up that needs sorting) we were very quiet.

Like I said already, I think it's the combination of: 1) our ageing away support, and 2) the post Nuno era, where we dropped a lot of our older songs and went with Jimenez, Coady, Nuno, etc songs over Wolves FC songs.

The Trees on the other hand, sang a few new'uns but mostly gave renditions of the older songs we have but don't bother with at the moment.
Well I was in middle of our section towards back and didn’t anything from the “Trees” on our left, and only occasionally from above (mainly “you reds”)

I just think you’re over egging both aspects - just have to agree to disagree re this match (though more generally agree about our songs post Nuno and age of away support)

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any point away from home when you have the squad issues we have is a good one imo. Great to have Cunha fit to play 75 mins, great to have Hwang back on the bench.

MGW… I really liked him at Wolves, didn’t want him to go, think he is a great player, I gave him a good reception when he came back to Molineux with Forest… but his behaviour is really odd isn’t it? Giving a bit to the fans, fair enough, but the stuff with Podence last year, Sarabia and whoever was on the floor after their second goal (Santi/Doc?) is really bizarre and he just makes himself look like a *****. I know Nuno didn’t like his character when he was at Wolves and I bet he is looking forward to getting rid of him in the summer to raise funds, as he is just such a toxic personality.

Last edited:

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any point away from home when you have the squad issues we have is a good one imo. Great to have Cunha fit to play 75 mins, great to have Hwang back on the bench.

MGW… I really liked him at Wolves, didn’t want him to go, think he is a great player, I gave him a good reception when he came back to Molineux with Forest… but his behaviour is really odd isn’t it? Giving a bit to the fans, fair enough, but the stuff with Podence last year, Sarabia and whoever was on the floor after their second goal (Santi/Doc?) is really bizarre and he just makes himself look like a *****. I know Nuno didn’t like his character when he was at Wolves and I bet he is looking forward to getting rid of him in the summer to raise funds, as he is just such a toxic personality.
What's our sell on clause please?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not nonsense at all, they were loud throughout. In the stand to our left, above and even in the main stand they were loud.

I've been a few times before and remember us easily out singing them a while back (2018ish I reckon?), but today (and I'm aware I'm going on a bit here; but I love our fans and think there's something up that needs sorting) we were very quiet.

Like I said already, I think it's the combination of: 1) our ageing away support, and 2) the post Nuno era, where we dropped a lot of our older songs and went with Jimenez, Coady, Nuno, etc songs over Wolves FC songs.

The Trees on the other hand, sang a few new'uns but mostly gave renditions of the older songs we have but don't bother with at the moment.
Easy to play the ageing away support card (and I'm getting there), but as you say post Nuno we've had few songs to come through that have replaced those of that time.
There are "the classics" (those were the days, Born under a Wanderers scalf etc) and a few about individual players (RAN, Semedo, Mario etc), but to be honest we've never replaced "Nuno had a dream" which came about during a Golden age of watching Wolves (there's only so many times I can put "Gary O'Neil's Barmy Army" on repeat before I start to cry out for change).

Just for the record, it was never consistent singing/chanting from the terraces during previous decades of watching Wolves, but think it's fair to say that a little success on the field does lead to folk finding their voices as our promotion and subsequent seasons demonstrated.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our fans were singing about MGW's baby and girl friend. All a bit unsavoury and unnecessary. Childish nonsense.

We should all rise above it really.
We're, at least l thought, better than that.

Presumably questioning the parentage.

Edited to add: Sorry, missed @SuperGran (might amuse you to know that predictive text changed that to Superfan) confirming that.

Last edited:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good point away from home against a team that needs wins. Good to have Cunha and Hwang back. A cracking goal as well.

Gibbs-White does act like a man possessed on the pitch. It's like a little demon takes over at times. It's got to the point where it's all a bit "he started it, no they started it" with the back and forth. A talented player though and one I always liked even if I did call him Morgan Gob-****e after the match at their place last season. I can see him moving on to a better club whether Forest go down or stay up.

For all the talk about Gibbs-White it's Yates who I find the most annoying. He's just one of those players that does everything to windup the opposition regardless who it is.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're, at least l thought, better than that. Presumably questioning the parentage.
Yes, I believe it was (re parentage), or that's how it came over to me.
His partner received a bit of grief as well re her "alleged" behaviour. Think they called it "playing away" in my day.

Anyway, back on topic, Cunha's strike was worth the entrance money alone. That plus visits to the King Billy, The Partizan and Vat & Fiddle and a couple more made it a good day, apart from the bus replacement journey on the way home when I was surrounded by a bunch of Stokies. In fairness they were good natured and miss our rivalry. :)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Each to their own. Me personally would never sing about someone's baby or girlfriend.
Where did I say to sing about his family? Taken out of context to look the bad man again. But if he wants to give it out fans will give it back unfortunately we live in a nasty society today

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
A good point away from home against a team that needs wins. Good to have Cunha and Hwang back. A cracking goal as well.

Gibbs-White does act like a man possessed on the pitch. It's like a little demon takes over at times. It's got to the point where it's all a bit "he started it, no they started it" with the back and forth. A talented player though and one I always liked even if I did call him Morgan Gob-****e after the match at their place last season. I can see him moving on to a better club whether Forest go down or stay up.

For all the talk about Gibbs-White it's Yates who I find the most annoying. He's just one of those players that does everything to windup the opposition regardless who it is.
And Yates is rubbish too. At least Gibbs-White is a decent player.

Back
Top Bottom