Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest verdict

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can really see what GON is trying to do with this side and the type of football he wants us to play. The problem is we don't have enough quality or depth of talent to do this. If we have a fit Cunha, Hwang, Neto, RAN + Gomes and Semedo we have the nucleus of a decent side for next season. I'd say all our defenders (bar RAN and Semedo) are 5/6 a game players. I think Lemina is solid but him and Doyle should both be back-ups rather than 1st choices imo. Traore and Bellegarde are not Prem players and the least I say about Sarabia the better; hope he's gone next season and he can stroll about somewhere else.
I can’t, for the life of me, understand why you think Lemina is back up rather than 1st choice!

He has dragged us through so many matches this season, scored vitally important goals, ran himself into the ground and is in line to be our player of the season.

Come on, nnw, you can’t be serious.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The opening paragraph from "The Guardian" report:

View attachment 41843
Haha Pete Langley is a Wolves fan, that's why. Think I remember him from the old interwolves mailing list.

He's right though.

I did enjoy Morgan's pass off the pitch and moan at his teammate that it went out because he wasn't making the run Morgan wanted him to. Took the pressure nicely off us that did. Bet it's such a pain to play with such a deluded egomaniac.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might be negative but with our squad I go into every game expecting to lose. I really think we're the entire team in the division you'd want to play, with the exception of Sheffield United. So, I'm pleasantly surprised today.

Knew Ait-Nouri was out, hate O'Neil's bull****, same with Dawson, but can't argue with the performances.

We were competitive against a team (16 players) that were better than us. That's a game Forest had to be targeting to win, and we stood firm.

Cunha is brilliant, there's not much else to say without going over again about the sadness of what we may have missed out on.

As someone who hates Forest, delighted to avoid what I thought was an expected defeat.
Just seen the GON after-match interview where he drops in that Dawson needs groin surgery. I was unaware of this tbh so another player out. Think we need his solidity v Arsenal tbh.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen the GON after-match interview where he drops in that Dawson needs groin surgery. I was unaware of this tbh so another player out. Think we need his solidity v Arsenal tbh.
Well I suppose we could place his hospital gurney across the goal line but the arsenal forwards may just kick the ball around it.

el gringo

Reaction score
Haha Pete Langley is a Wolves fan, that's why. Think I remember him from the old interwolves mailing list.

He's right though.

I did enjoy Morgan's pass off the pitch and moan at his teammate that it went out because he wasn't making the run Morgan wanted him to. Took the pressure nicely off us that did. Bet it's such a pain to play with such a deluded egomaniac.
Wouldn't be surprised if that's been edited tomorrow.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nonsense - they were very quiet until equaliser. I was surprised compared to recent trips

Agree with lack of songs though
Not nonsense at all, they were loud throughout. In the stand to our left, above and even in the main stand they were loud.

I've been a few times before and remember us easily out singing them a while back (2018ish I reckon?), but today (and I'm aware I'm going on a bit here; but I love our fans and think there's something up that needs sorting) we were very quiet.

Like I said already, I think it's the combination of: 1) our ageing away support, and 2) the post Nuno era, where we dropped a lot of our older songs and went with Jimenez, Coady, Nuno, etc songs over Wolves FC songs.

The Trees on the other hand, sang a few new'uns but mostly gave renditions of the older songs we have but don't bother with at the moment.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTD somehow failed to give credit to Cunhas fantastic goal, thought goals was what the game of football was about.
Keown-who seems to dislike us for some reason-didn't given credit for the second goal either, which required a tricky little finish due to Cunha's falling body position but which Martin called 'a simple tap in'....And Morgan & Matheus are mates apparently.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was offered a contract which he didn't want. He wasn't "let go", he wouldn't sign.

Thats not entirely true. He was willing to sign, he just wouldnt sign when we wanted him to. He wanted to see if he was going to actually get the playing time he was promised. Rightly, we didnt want to take the risk of him not signing so we sold him. He's not that much of a loss to us.

When Nuno went to Forest, i really did want them to stay up but i do hope they get relegated now purely because of Morgan Gibbs White. He is an odious little individual.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to agree re Sarabia,not that he pulled out of challenges, he never made any
I do like him as a player, but today we saw no effort at all after about 15 minutes of the game
Semedo was poor today too, can forgive one game though
Doc should not be on the pitch,sorry
Subs showed nothing, apart from Hwang who did a bit of running and his usual amateur dramatics,bless
Hate to think what Arsenal will do to our defence next week if we play like this
Still just 6 to go with Arsenal Man City and Liverpool in there,what can possibly go wrong

I personally think Sarabia is a bit burned out tbh. Premier league football is a lot higher intensity than he is used to.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats not entirely true. He was willing to sign, he just wouldnt sign when we wanted him to. He wanted to see if he was going to actually get the playing time he was promised. Rightly, we didnt want to take the risk of him not signing so we sold him. He's not that much of a loss to us.

When Nuno went to Forest, i really did want them to stay up but i do hope they get relegated now purely because of Morgan Gibbs White. He is an odious little individual.
I get the impression that he tries to be odious and isn't as obnoxious as he appears to be. He's watched how Jamie Vardy gets right on opposing fan's nerves but lacks the intellect to do it properly.

Vardy plays up to the pantomime villain image and is quite funny with it, whereas MGW just isn't very bright, has zero charisma and therefore just seems nasty.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
6 games left. 3 the team can be optimistic about, and 3 that will be very challenging. 50 points still in reach!

The amount of negativity on here about this game really is exhausting.

Hobbs needs to clear our some more deadwood so there's at least a full squad again. Wolves have the fourth lowest wage bill in the league and they're 11th. Still pushing for top 10. That's damn near a miracle.

Let's take the money tied up in the players out on loan and just have a real squad. This is really bare bones stuff. Everyone is absolutely exhausted.

Forest have it all in their hands. Good heavens with that fixture list, they ought to stay up with that squad. If they don't, that's a hell of a black mark on Nuno's record.

What would GON have done with that squad, I wonder. A hell of a lot more than Cooper and Nuno I am guessing.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the impression that he tries to be odious and isn't as obnoxious as he appears to be. He's watched how Jamie Vardy gets right on opposing fan's nerves but lacks the intellect to do it properly.

Vardy plays up to the pantomime villain image and is quite funny with it, whereas MGW just isn't very bright, has zero charisma and therefore just seems nasty.

I've mentioned it before, but my Nephew knows him pretty well. While he says he finds him to be a pretty decent guy, he is very much like you see him at the same time. He's a bit of a diva, throws strops when he cant get his own way and can be pretty unpleastant.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6 games left. 3 the team can be optimistic about, and 3 that will be very challenging. 50 points still in reach!

The amount of negativity on here about this game really is exhausting.

Hobbs needs to clear our some more deadwood so there's at least a full squad again. Wolves have the fourth lowest wage bill in the league and they're 11th. Still pushing for top 10. That's damn near a miracle.

Let's take the money tied up in the players out on loan and just have a real squad. This is really bare bones stuff. Everyone is absolutely exhausted.

Forest have it all in their hands. Good heavens with that fixture list, they ought to stay up with that squad. If they don't, that's a hell of a black mark on Nuno's record.

What would GON have done with that squad, I wonder. A hell of a lot more than Cooper and Nuno I am guessing.

I dont think its a black mark on Nuno one bit. He's got them pretty focused considering the **** show thats going on off the field. Its not like its a side brimming with quality anyway.

Nuno's job is bascically to do a similar job to what Lopetegui came in and did with us last season, only he's dealing with a points deduction and all the uncertainty it brings with it as well. I dont think GON would get much more out of that group coming in months into the season. A bit like the job he did at Bournmouth, its all about scraping enough points to just stay up.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont think its a black mark on Nuno one bit. He's got them pretty focused considering the **** show thats going on off the field. Its not like its a side brimming with quality anyway.

Nuno's job is bascically to do a similar job to what Lopetegui came in and did with us last season, only he's dealing with a points deduction and all the uncertainty it brings with it as well. I dont think GON would get much more out of that group coming in months into the season. A bit like the job he did at Bournmouth, its all about scraping enough points to just stay up.
If he gets relegated. They have everton, Burnley, blades, man city, and Chelsea left (not in that order). There are more than enough points there to be had. If he screws that up from where he is, that would be pitiful.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I've mentioned it before, but my Nephew knows him pretty well. While he says he finds him to be a pretty decent guy, he is very much like you see him at the same time. He's a bit of a diva, throws strops when he cant get his own way and can be pretty unpleastant.
I know a fair few people who know him. I have heard the similar, he is an OK bloke but can switch quickly and has started to believe his hype and turning into a bit of a ****

One person especially describing him with a fair few expletives.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
And Dawson, he has been a massive loss...defensively we are all over the place without him.
Absolutely. But pure speed and pace would have caused them all kinds of trouble.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Coady labelled him the biggest diva in the squad in a “fun interview” way before he had established himself or had the loan to the championship that helped him kick on.

That isn’t a glowing endorsement for a player at that age……

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Six points more this season would be decent considering the abject state of the squad.
Sarabia and Doc should be moved on in the summer. I am hoping Lembikisa and/or Hoever can step up as decent cover alongside Mosquera and Chiquinho to help deepen the squad and get the average age down.
Forest was a tricky test and a point is acceptable right now. Need Hwang to start firing quickly if we want another couple of wins alongside RAN replacing Sarabia.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just thinking about all the vitriol aimed at MGW who was at Wolves for 14 years before his transfer.

Personally, though it the right move at the time as he couldn't hold-down a first team place and had often flattered to impress. The fee £35m rising to possibly £43m was decent business for a squad player. However, MGW is blossoming at Forest and ignoring his dubious personality; he's their most important player.

Comparing him with Sarabia who cost significantly less, but earns more at Wolves than MGW did; their stats are similar;
MGW has 6 goals and 7 assists. 13 goal actions this season.
Sarabia has 4 goals and 10 assists. 14 goal actions this season.

However, MGW's best days are still to come, while Sarabia seems to be declining (certainly in recent games). MGW is 24, Pablo is 31. It's clear that we'll have to replace Sarabia sooner rather than later.

Did we drop a ******* by selling Gibbs-White?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo avoiding a booking is a big plus.

A point away is always a decent result, but I think it means the last lingering hope of Europe is gone (was probably already gone really).

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Six points more this season would be decent considering the abject state of the squad.
Sarabia and Doc should be moved on in the summer. I am hoping Lembikisa and/or Hoever can step up as decent cover alongside Mosquera and Chiquinho to help deepen the squad and get the average age down.
Forest was a tricky test and a point is acceptable right now. Need Hwang to start firing quickly if we want another couple of wins alongside RAN replacing Sarabia.
Disagree on Sarabia and Doc, if anything they’re the kind of players we need to keep if we want a bigger squad.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't go so probably shouldn't comment, but several of our players continue to underwhelm in this difficult injury ravaged period. Sarabia plays well about once every five or six games. Just such a lazy luxury item, and not a team player, he's so self absorbed. Kilman without Dawson to hold his hand is very average IMO. And never captain material in a million years. Doc is just too slow now and shouldn't be anything other than a bit part player, never a starter. Not quite sure what GON sees in him. If that team starts against Arsenal I can see us conceding 5.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
I agree that Doc shouldn't be starting game's, that would be Bueno for me, but I think Sarabia is being hard done by regards the criticism on here.
Since Cuhna,Hwang and Neto have been injured, he's been asked to play all across the front line in positions that are not going to get the best out of him.
We have seen when playing in his strongest position what value he can bring.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just thinking about all the vitriol aimed at MGW who was at Wolves for 14 years before his transfer.

Personally, though it the right move at the time as he couldn't hold-down a first team place and had often flattered to impress. The fee £35m rising to possibly £43m was decent business for a squad player. However, MGW is blossoming at Forest and ignoring his dubious personality; he's their most important player.

Comparing him with Sarabia who cost significantly less, but earns more at Wolves than MGW did; their stats are similar;

However, MGW's best days are still to come, while Sarabia seems to be declining (certainly in recent games). MGW is 24, Pablo is 31. It's clear that we'll have to replace Sarabia sooner rather than later.

Based on those stats alone, nope.

No *******s dropped at all……..

Sarabia is older, played way less minutes and isn’t the “main focal point” of our team, where at Forest EVERYTHING runs through him.

If anything it shows that for all the criticism Sarabia has faced, he has had a bloody good season if all you look at is goal contributions alone.

We signed cunha effectively with the money we got for MGW and that is a deal where looking pound for pound…. WE did the best out of as Cunha is a much better player than MGW.

So no *******s were dropped in this case.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he gets relegated. They have everton, Burnley, blades, man city, and Chelsea left (not in that order). There are more than enough points there to be had. If he screws that up from where he is, that would be pitiful.

Thats just utter nonsense. You are talking like stuff going on behind the scenes there isnt having an effect on the players. They arent robots. There are so many things that the manager would have no control over in that situation. If they didnt have any off field dramas then i would agree, they should stay up, but they have plenty.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's right though.

Honestly, i just think the kid, and I say kid as he has clearly never grown up, represents so much of what is wrong with modern football.

Over rated ego maniac, who lives for clicks and likes.

Decent enough player but the ultimate big fish in small pond player.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, i just think the kid, and I say kid as he has clearly never grown up, represents so much of what is wrong with modern football.

Over rated ego maniac, who lives for clicks and likes.

Decent enough player but the ultimate big fish in small pond player.

Scores an important goal in a massive game when they are fighting relegation and runs to goad the away fans rather than celebrating with his own fans……

What a cretin

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha makes such a difference to us as a team and he grew into the game, almost like the mental side of match fitness suddenly returned the more tetchy things got on the pitch - the guys a leader.

As for the team performance, again I thought the defence was shaky and Kilman looked all over the place most of the game. Anybody notice Hudson-Odoi? No, me neither, they decided to get him running at Semedo all game which was a dead end for him from the start.

Tommy Doyle was quality in the first half but dropped off when the game got “bitty” in the second half and his passing options vanished ahead of him; I also think Gomes running round all over the place having lost his head after 30mins didn’t help with shape or numbers in the middle so they got overrun in there at times.

I love Doc but a left wing back he ain’t. Time to trust Bueno if he’s fit; the shape and balance improved massively when that change was made plus he’s decent going forward with the ball and keeping possession.

All in all a hard earned point. Maybe a disappointing performance but, again, we don’t quite have the bench to impact just yet. If we play that game in a few weeks time when Hwang is fitter then I feel we win that.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I personally think Sarabia is a bit burned out tbh. Premier league football is a lot higher intensity than he is used to.
Yep. I know he got he a lot of criticism today, but he's been our only fit senior forward for a while and I don't think he has the physicality to play continuosly at this level. Looked knackered today. With everyone fit, surely our 5th best forward? OK to bring on as a sub or start the odd match, but a continuous run of matches with not much around him, done well really.

BORN A WOLF

Reaction score
Didn't go so probably shouldn't comment, but several of our players continue to underwhelm in this difficult injury ravaged period. Sarabia plays well about once every five or six games. Just such a lazy luxury item, and not a team player, he's so self absorbed. Kilman without Dawson to hold his hand is very average IMO. And never captain material in a million years. Doc is just too slow now and shouldn't be anything other than a bit part player, never a starter. Not quite sure what GON sees in him. If that team starts against Arsenal I can see us conceding 5.
Doc dosent have the pace. When in tight possession he has to pass back, add that to our 3 center backs who are all reluctant to pass forward and its a major negative defence. We get ourselves in so mutch trouble playing accross the back. Only Nelson will play it forward.
Hugo at LWB for me.

TBH Sarabia beeing asked to cover a lot of ground at the moment.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. I know he got he a lot of criticism today, but he's been our only fit senior forward for a while and I don't think he has the physicality to play continuosly at this level. Looked knackered today. With everyone fit, surely our 5th best forward? OK to bring on as a sub or start the odd match, but a continuous run of matches with not much around him, done well really.
Perhaps so - there was a 5 minute period after Hwang had come on where Sarabia, Cunha and Hwang looked threatening and like they were going to kick things up a gear.
Other than that, to say Sarabia was anonymous would be generous.

Whether being burnt out or lack of effort is the reason for that I don’t know. He’s clearly a good player, but the recent injuries have had the greatest impact on him and kilman I feel and neither are currently anywhere near their best. Kilman would get the nod over Bueno if Dawson was fit, but would Sarabia get picked ahead of a fit Neto, Hwang, Cunha? So he would replace during a game and that somewhat goes against the argument he is better with those players around him tbh.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Thing is I don’t think there was an indication he would blossom into a top player while at Wolves. I just remember him as consistently trying flicks and difficult to achieve passes that almost never came off. Surprised how he has improved so much at Forest and think it was a rare downside of Nuno that he couldn’t get the best out of him, Goncalves, Vitinha etc during his time at Wolves.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was fuming at the time but I don’t really have a problem with MGW giving it back to the fans, as such. 3000 ish away fans yesterday giving him abuse, it’s all part of the banter to take it back from the one person who you’re abusing in a group - it’s fine.

We are, however, clearly living in his head and for him to score a vital goal at home and instantly go to our fans, mocking Cunha’s style of celebration and then doing the fingers in his ears to the fans and also Sarabia, shows he’s got a lot of growing up to do.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Semedo avoiding a booking is a big plus.

A point away is always a decent result, but I think it means the last lingering hope of Europe is gone (was probably already gone really).
Good that Semedo didn't get booked
Very bad that Lemina and Gomes did though as I believe both now have a 2 match suspension for 10 yellows

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Compare him to Cunha is a fairer point, both cost about the same, similar ages. Similar goal involvements but one loves the club, one just loves himself. I know who is less toxic

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTD somehow failed to give credit to Cunhas fantastic goal, thought goals was what the game of football was about.
Yes, not a mention which I thought was very poor from ex Pro's.

Back
Top Bottom