Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest verdict

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biggest take away from today is that we did indeed let go of a gem in MGW. Excellent today, very impressive.

We are just about done for the season by the look of it. Good to see Cunha back and scoring.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for Forest, they've cheated financially under loon ownership and still ended up with a **** squad. Playing **** Paul McCartney songs and still talking about European Cups from 200 years ago.

Happy to gift Luton 3 points in a couple of weeks time to get rid of the Aldi Villa.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biggest take away from today is that we did indeed let go of a gem in MGW. Excellent today, very impressive.

We are just about done for the season by the look of it. Good to see Cunha back and scoring.
He played well but I felt Gomes and Doyle should've been the other way round. Would've been interesting seeing how gibbs white played with Gomes snapping at his ankles

Reactions: Ian

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought their support was good today. Ours was tin pot.

I'll be honest (and I know how much stick I'll understandably get for this), our away crowd today, and at Bramall Lane earlier this season, is as bad as any away crowd I've ever seen. We're as bad as Brentford and Fulham at the moment, absolutely useless. No one round us was singing, everyone's ancient, and our songs were crap.

Ancient ?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for Forest, they've cheated financially under loon ownership and still ended up with a **** squad. Playing **** Paul McCartney songs and still talking about European Cups from 200 years ago.

Happy to gift Luton 3 points in a couple of weeks time to get rid of the Aldi Villa.

Start the kids and let them grow their goal difference too IMO

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I thought their support was good today. Ours was tin pot.

I'll be honest (and I know how much stick I'll understandably get for this), our away crowd today, and at Bramall Lane earlier this season, is as bad as any away crowd I've ever seen. We're as bad as Brentford and Fulham at the moment, absolutely useless. No one round us was singing, everyone's ancient, and our songs were crap.
Bit harsh and bit generous. Feel like it's all gone quite flat for us, playing poorly (Cunha goal aside) it isn't great, bit of Semedo and a snatch of Doyle for songs beyond Cunha. Generally it is poor though atm, and as you say the ever increasing age profile (sorry) doesn't help. Wasn't impressed with their fans though, yes great for the 5 minutes they were ahead, otherwise pretty quiet.

Edit: also btw seemed like there was some trouble between our own fans, we can do without that if so!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wish we'd have won the European Cup to boast about. Not a bad thing to have on your honours board.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Lots of 'nothing' football today. No intensity to our play apart from a short period in the second half after they scored. It seems like our players don't believe they can win anymore, so have just gone into their shells and are trying not to lose. A bit of individual brilliance or a clanger from their defence was always the most likely source of a goal and Cunha superbly delivered.

I too thought our support was below par and has been most of the season. I think we're 'coming down' as a fanbase from the Nuno years. It's because all the remaining protagonists of that era were moved on in the summer and let's face it, that's who we used to sing about.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Forest are a poor side IMO. We need to sign 2-3 wingers minimum in the summer. The lack of pace today for us completely neutralised us in large spells. We needed an out ball desperately. Pace out wide would have made a big difference.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit harsh and bit generous. Feel like it's all gone quite flat for us, playing poorly (Cunha goal aside) it isn't great, bit of Semedo and a snatch of Doyle for songs beyond Cunha. Generally it is poor though atm, and as you say the ever increasing age profile (sorry) doesn't help. Wasn't impressed with their fans though, yes great for the 5 minutes they were ahead, otherwise pretty quiet.

Edit: also btw seemed like there was some trouble between our own fans, we can do without that if so!
Mate, I tend to respect your thoughts on these things, but it was night and day our support and theirs today, hence me sticking me neck out: they were at it most of the game, even when it went a bit flat, 'come on you reds' would ring round their crappy ground. We were rubbish all game.

For me, the diagnosis is as follows:
1) We'm old. The away ticket situation has basically ossified our away support
2) we got carried away in the Nuno-era, and all our songs were about him and them. We're left with the songs we had in the late 20 10s, which was the era between the Bully and Nuno songs.

Basically, we'm great. But we're a bit... lost.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Mate, I tend to respect your thoughts on these things, but it was night and day our support and theirs today, hence me sticking me neck out: they were at it most of the game, even when it went a bit flat, 'come on you reds' would ring round their crappy ground. We were rubbish all game.

2) we got carried away in the Nuno-era, and all our songs were about him and them. We're left with the songs we had in the late 20 10s, which was the era between the Bully and Nuno songs.

Fair enough, I was in the corner, were you nearer their side of the Bridgford maybe? There was 'football in a library' (as always) a few times, they are fighting for their lives, we're waiting for the end of the season.

That's not saying you're wrong though, it's slowly declining, the lack of songs is an issue, but really for me it's about stagnation, it's the same at home games, 5 years ago the whole thing was like a magical dream, now OK it's objectively not quite as good, but more importantly the novelty is long gone. I don't know what we do about that (apart from getting back into contention for Europe).

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, I was in the corner, were you nearer their side of the Bridgford maybe? There was 'football in a library' (as always) a few times, they are fighting for their lives, we're waiting for the end of the season.

That's not saying you're wrong though, it's slowly declining, the lack of songs is an issue, but really for me it's about stagnation, it's the same at home games, 5 years ago the whole thing was like a magical dream, now OK it's objectively not quite as good, but more importantly the novelty is long gone. I don't know what we do about that (apart from getting back into contention for Europe).
Winning games brings the excitement and the songs
Weve only won once in 6 games now and twice in ten i think,so there lies the problem
We play decent football at times, but then mess around at the back and the nerves kick in
Getting back to the old no one in the box scenario recently,as GON keeps saying its where we are i guess

stevev53

Reaction score
Pretty much what we’re getting mate…just telling it how I saw it. Just because we’ve got injuries doesn’t mean some players can’t be called out if they’re not performing/trying or manager can’t be if he makes strange tactical moves. Just my opinion and tried to keep it that way rather than ranting.
Fair comment

stevev53

Reaction score
Yep. Apologies if English isn't your first language, but I thought I'd said Cunha was a positive and Hugo looked OK. As for a 'bundle of laughs'; you do get the purpose of a forum is to express views that might not be the same as your's! o_O
Exactly that’s why my views are not the same as yours

surreywolf

Reaction score

Nonsense - they were very quiet until equaliser. I was surprised compared to recent trips

Agree with lack of songs though

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Happy enough with a point and great to see Cunha return with a brace.
We’re now able to score goals much more regularly but we absolutely have to defend better next season and also learn to be able to take the sting out of teams pushing us, rather than retreat and defend for our lives.
Dawson’s defending and organising the defence has been a big miss lately but in view of his age we need to find someone younger who can do similar.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's more about the fixtures to come. All of the top three, with two of those away. I don't believe any of our rivals have to play more than two of them. 2 points taken from the last 12 have made it a real long shot.
I know, but if one of them as a European game around the corner, one or two niggles and we’re bang up for it. You can’t play the fixtures on paper..

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A gem? But how good is he?
I feel like he was at the club at the wrong time, that 5 years before he would have been one of our stand out players, but suffered from the fact we've really raised the bar the last few seasons. He's going to have a good long career as a premier league player, but I'm not convinced he would be a starter when everyone is fit here, and that was always part of the problem.
That, and the fact that from the world go there was always a chunk of our fanbase that for some reason hated him.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's more about the fixtures to come. All of the top three, with two of those away. I don't believe any of our rivals have to play more than two of them. 2 points taken from the last 12 have made it a real long shot.
We are playing arsenal at exactly the point in the season where they traditionally bottle it...

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since the media and pundits were bigging up GON and Wolves chances of a Euro spot pre Coventry we haven’t won a game. However, before the season kicked off most of us would’ve been very happy to be where we are now. The fact that we showed potential to get up to 7th heightened expectations but injuries and a small squad as well as a dip in performances has meant European football is, thankfully, out of reach but we are comfortably safe.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now Europe has pretty much gone really looking forward to a break from football. Interested to see what happens in the summer but if we're going to kick anyone into touch I really hope it's Sarabia. Strolls about, falls over and sits on his **** rather than get back up and fight for the side. Said months ago he's a bit like Dendonker for me, plays for us but you wouldn't really know it.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since the media and pundits were bigging up GON and Wolves chances of a Euro spot pre Coventry we haven’t won a game. However, before the season kicked off most of us would’ve been very happy to be where we are now. The fact that we showed potential to get up to 7th heightened expectations but injuries and a small squad as well as a dip in performances has meant we are comfortably safe.
After today, comfortably numb.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Caught the first hour, Cunha showing us what we’ve been missing.

Doherty on the other hand really is awful, at the start of the season he said something along the lines of “oh yeh I’ve improved since my last spell, I’ve played under some of the best managers in the world”. Not even league 2 standard today. I don’t get it, the fücker should be in his prime.

Semedo good but still waiting for him
to put in a decent cross, come on Nelson just one before the end of the season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lucky to get a point.
Wolves were sloppy…….sloppy……sloppy and that invites pressure and goals. And we do it game after game.

Even if we have all strikers fully fit next season, I don’t think our defense is good enough. All season long we have trouble trying to move the ball out just like today.

A shaky, leaky defence will hinder any chance of qualifying for Europe in 2026.
You can really see what GON is trying to do with this side and the type of football he wants us to play. The problem is we don't have enough quality or depth of talent to do this. If we have a fit Cunha, Hwang, Neto, RAN + Gomes and Semedo we have the nucleus of a decent side for next season. I'd say all our defenders (bar RAN and Semedo) are 5/6 a game players. I think Lemina is solid but him and Doyle should both be back-ups rather than 1st choices imo. Traore and Bellegarde are not Prem players and the least I say about Sarabia the better; hope he's gone next season and he can stroll about somewhere else.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might be negative but with our squad I go into every game expecting to lose. I really think we're the entire team in the division you'd want to play, with the exception of Sheffield United. So, I'm pleasantly surprised today.

Knew Ait-Nouri was out, hate O'Neil's bull****, same with Dawson, but can't argue with the performances.

We were competitive against a team (16 players) that were better than us. That's a game Forest had to be targeting to win, and we stood firm.

Cunha is brilliant, there's not much else to say without going over again about the sadness of what we may have missed out on.

As someone who hates Forest, delighted to avoid what I thought was an expected defeat.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were awful.

Couldn't string two passes together, couldn't defend, ripped to shreds and but for terrible finishing we'd have lost comfortably.

Doyle, Sarabia and Doherty were particularly dreadful. I have no idea why GoN keeps picking him when H Bueno is obviously a better player.

Good to have Cunha back, his general play, bit of magic and scruffy finish is the only reason we got a point today.

Baffling use of Boubacar and terrible tactics all day.

Just need this season to end, reset and start again.
Bloody hell.

Anyone would think we lost 5-0!

Back
Top Bottom