Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest verdict

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah maybe I’m over exaggerating, I’ve said before I’m sure his stats are decent and I’m not sure how many assists have come from set pieces but he plays like a 40 year old coming out of retirement. Zero pace or strength makes him a difficult watch for me.
He reminds me of a pub league player that ‘nearly’ got a pro-contract. Huffing and puffing and claiming everyone else is ****. At one point I thought he was about to pull out a lighter and share a Rothmans with Yates, such was his lack of movement.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would Doherty get in my other PL squad let alone start? The absolute definition of “passenger” again today.
On the plus side he wiped out Gibbs-White rather spectacularly in the area as they scored their second goal. Satisfying, although they would probably have got a penalty if they hadn't scored.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On the plus side he wiped out Gibbs-White rather spectacularly in the area as they scored their second goal. Satisfying, although they would probably have got a penalty if they hadn't scored.

Was a very good and clean tackle... unfortunate it dropped to their player.

stevev53

Reaction score
Too many players didn't seem interested. No passion and looked as though they were going through the motions. Cunha is a positive and was our most effective player. Thought Hugo looked OK when he came on but Sarabia, Traore, Doc, Chirewa and Fraser gave us nothing. Semedo back to his dozy self, especially first half and Gomes petulant throughout. Look like a team where the end of the season can't come soon enough.
The good news is that we didn't have a good half followed by a crap half - they were both poor. :rolleyes:
You’re a bundle of laughs . Do you ever see anything positive

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a draw was a fair result all things considered.... great to see hwang and cunha back on the same pitch both looking sharp, get daws back and could get an entertaining run in ...bring on arsenal and put a dent in their bid for the prem

stevev53

Reaction score
My take on today…

1. Cunha showed just why we had missed him so much!
2. Hwang didn’t!
3. Sarabia…dear god he is so lightweight when under pressure! Massively downed tools today in a strop as he was playing so poorly! Walking around with his head down is unforgivable!
4. Sa kept us in it again with some great saves but maybe should have saved their first?…
5. Another dire dire second half performance!
6. GON’s subs still miff me a bit…Pitbull off?..Sarabia staying on until pretty much the end? Traore on up front and then right wing back?
7. Doc cost us another goal and immediately hooked off just like last week!
8. We missed RAN!
9. Why the hell did nobody tell Santi he had time with that header that led to their second goal? Swear we don’t talk on the pitch!
10. I very much HATE MGW!!!!
11. Still very dodgy at the back at times and our own worst enemy!
12. Still no goal from outside the box!

A point is a point on the road but now feels like a long time since our last win and only getting harder next few weeks.
13 what do you really expect after all our injuries???

Riffardwolf

Reaction score
Poor game technically yet strangely enthralling.

How many times in recent matches have two of our players gone for the ball at the same time without communicating? Whether we are defending or attacking, I've noticed this in the last few weeks.

Sarabia - I have kept defending him but today was shocking. He really ducked out of everything.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re a bundle of laughs . Do you ever see anything positive
Yep. Apologies if English isn't your first language, but I thought I'd said Cunha was a positive and Hugo looked OK. As for a 'bundle of laughs'; you do get the purpose of a forum is to express views that might not be the same as your's! o_O

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
13 what do you really expect after all our injuries???
Pretty much what we’re getting mate…just telling it how I saw it. Just because we’ve got injuries doesn’t mean some players can’t be called out if they’re not performing/trying or manager can’t be if he makes strange tactical moves. Just my opinion and tried to keep it that way rather than ranting.

Reactions: Ian

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the “nothing to play for” rhetoric…

If we had won today, we were still right in the mix with a good end to season.

Glad we didn’t lose to them ****s today, but it’s a pity it’s all going to fizzle out.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a draw was a fair result all things considered.... great to see hwang and cunha back on the same pitch both looking sharp, get daws back and could get an entertaining run in ...bring on arsenal and put a dent in their bid for the prem
Someone quoted GON, saying Dawson needs surgery. Not sure how accurate that is.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're so bad at the back without Dawson.

Kilman has had the perfect opportunity to step up & be the "senior" CB and it's just not happening.

Santi with a poor header for the second.

Get Dawson back ASAP. Hopefully Mosquera can step up & get a go next season.

Doc was awful. Give Bueno a run til the end of the season.

When RAN is fit, get him further forward with Cunha & Hwang. Sarabia was so poor today, expect better to be honest.

Take the point & thank god Cunha is back. Absolute baller.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor game technically yet strangely enthralling.

How many times in recent matches have two of our players gone for the ball at the same time without communicating? Whether we are defending or attacking, I've noticed this in the last few weeks.

Sarabia - I have kept defending him but today was shocking. He really ducked out of everything.
Have to agree re Sarabia,not that he pulled out of challenges, he never made any
I do like him as a player, but today we saw no effort at all after about 15 minutes of the game
Semedo was poor today too, can forgive one game though
Doc should not be on the pitch,sorry
Subs showed nothing, apart from Hwang who did a bit of running and his usual amateur dramatics,bless
Hate to think what Arsenal will do to our defence next week if we play like this
Still just 6 to go with Arsenal Man City and Liverpool in there,what can possibly go wrong

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ONeil confirms Dawson may need surgery next week and could be out for the rest of the season. Players are falling to pieces.
Why was he on the bench today in those circumstances?

He was injured weeks ago and I presume it is that injury which requires an operation.

Why hasn’t he had the operation already?

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I saw him have a go but doesn’t necessarily mean he told him or anybody told him he had time. So many times today and every game it looks like they don’t speak to each other…basic stuff and so frustrating. We could all see Santi was heading that ball the way he set himself so surely if somebody had told him he had time he would have brought it down?….
I think he should just have let it run through to Sa...

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the “nothing to play for” rhetoric…If we had won today, we were still right in the mix with a good end to season.
It's more about the fixtures to come. All of the top three, with two of those away. I don't believe any of our rivals have to play more than two of them. 2 points taken from the last 12 have made it a real long shot.

Reaction score
I would've taken a point before the game so not unhappy with the outcome. We are, however, rather limping towards the finish line and today was not great against a poor team.

Good that Cunha got so many minutes under his belt (although he was on for 10-15 minutes more than they planned) and he once agains showed his class. Good to see Hwang back on the pitch too for 30 minutes.

With Dawson more than likely to not play again this season, I do fear for our defence. Santi does not instil me with much confidence and this clearly affects Kilman whilst Doc is not the answer at LWB - surely Hugo has to be given a run there now (assuming RAN plays further forward).

MGW is clearly a talented player but does let himself down somewhat with his actions on the pitch otherwise. He's not the brightest I suppose, however, so we shouldn't expect anything else.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If RAN is fit I would start him with Cunha and give Sarabia another go. Sarabia will be better with 2 quick options in attack and the Arsenal game will be to soon for Hwang to start. I'd also start Bueno over Doherty who is just far too slow now. We need more pace in the side. We were far too pedestrian at times today. Having RAN fit will be massive.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Well, scored a great goal, let in two awful ones.

For all the talk of attacking absences, we've looked horribly sloppy at the back.

I know all these things are linked and any team looks different with Neto, but we aren't playing anywhere near as well as earlier in the season. Hope Hwang comes back strong, but it might have just been a purple patch.

Asking Doc to play the same way as RAN does in that hybrid system with Toti is just bizarre.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Let's hope Mosquera brings his Villarreal form back home next season as these 3 we've got at the back right now are wobbly to say the least. Doc is too slow in thought and body nowadays. Such a shame we got all the injuries to key players think we would of really pushed the top 7/8. Can't fault the effort the lads are putting in, they just aren't as good as the players they are replacing. The lack of pace in the side is really hurting us as teams can play a lot higher up the pitch and pin us in and wait for us to cough the ball up.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd say deserved the point, unlucky to not get all three at a difficult place to go, due to yet more VAR deficiencies.

Thought our general play was fine and a lot of the criticism in the match thread and in this thread is totally unwarranted after a committed and decent performance.
We were awful.

Couldn't string two passes together, couldn't defend, ripped to shreds and but for terrible finishing we'd have lost comfortably.

Doyle, Sarabia and Doherty were particularly dreadful. I have no idea why GoN keeps picking him when H Bueno is obviously a better player.

Good to have Cunha back, his general play, bit of magic and scruffy finish is the only reason we got a point today.

Baffling use of Boubacar and terrible tactics all day.

Just need this season to end, reset and start again.

Reactions: Ian

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My analysis.
Don't understand why Doherty starts over Hugo Bueno? Doherty was south of ****e today!
Sarabia was a waste of a shirt! Him and Doherty should have been pulled off at HT!
Boy have we missed Cunha. Hasn't take him long to find his scoring boots!
Great to see Hwang back. Hopefully he'll find his scoring boots soon, too!
A decent point today, given they're fighting for their lives and we've been struggling of late.
Still weird seeing Nuno on the touchline but not our manager!
Oh and Morgan is a Gob ****e!

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least MGW didn't lose in his cup final, bless him.

Cannot wait to see Cunha up front with a quality CF next season. I know, dreaming is for free!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha brilliant. Looking forward to a front three of RAN, Cunha and Hwang. I would drop Sarabia if those three can play. He looks totally ineffective.
Just seen GONs post match interview in which he says that we only have 12 fit senior 1st team outfield players that can start. The 10 that started today plus Traore and Hugo.
Hwang can only play 2o mins, Cunha can only play 60-65 mins and Dawson about to have a groin op so can only do 10 mins if necessary.
Thats where we are so Sarabia starts for a few more weeks yet.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we're not supposed to say this but... our fans were awful today. Very few songs got going and those that did were quiet. Forest fans were great to be fair to em, despite the fact they're ****ers.

Cunha is top class, absolutely brilliant. Semedo was decent; I thought Gomes was good too. Saft defending for the first goal. Sarabia was an empty shirt today, everything passed him by. All in all, a decent result given the situation.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to agree re Sarabia,not that he pulled out of challenges, he never made any
I do like him as a player, but today we saw no effort at all after about 15 minutes of the game
Semedo was poor today too, can forgive one game though
Doc should not be on the pitch,sorry
Subs showed nothing, apart from Hwang who did a bit of running and his usual amateur dramatics,bless
Hate to think what Arsenal will do to our defence next week if we play like this
Still just 6 to go with Arsenal Man City and Liverpool in there,what can possibly go wrong
Doc vs Saka would be "interesting" in a masochistic way.....

surreywolf

Reaction score
I know we're not supposed to say this but... our fans were awful today. Very few songs got going and those that did were quiet. Forest fans were great to be fair to em, despite the fact they're ****ers.

Cunha is top class, absolutely brilliant. Semedo was decent; I thought Gomes was good too. Saft defending for the first goal. Sarabia was an empty shirt today, everything passed him by. All in all, a decent result given the situation.

Don’t agree - from where we were, thought they were nervous and poor, compared to recent visits there. Ours were no great shakes but weren’t silent

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW is a ****er and Nuno has lost his halo too.

****in hate Forest. Such a bizarre fan base.
I thought their support was good today. Ours was tin pot.

I'll be honest (and I know how much stick I'll understandably get for this), our away crowd today, and at Bramall Lane earlier this season, is as bad as any away crowd I've ever seen. We're as bad as Brentford and Fulham at the moment, absolutely useless. No one round us was singing, everyone's ancient, and our songs were crap.

surreywolf

Reaction score
I thought their support was good today. Ours was tin pot.

I'll be honest (and I know how much stick I'll understandably get for this), our away crowd today, and at Bramall Lane earlier this season, is as bad as any away crowd I've ever seen. We're as bad as Brentford and Fulham at the moment, absolutely useless. No one round us was singing, everyone's ancient, and our songs were crap.
Well at Brentford (x2) and chelsea it was brilliant so swings and roundabouts

Back
Top Bottom