Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest verdict

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Positives a point Cunha and Hwang back but not kid ourselves that was pretty dire. Forest are down there for a reason but we were lucky to get the point in the end. Stumbling and stuttering to the end of the season. Injuries and small squad have wrecked what could have been a brilliant season however just staying up has surpassed my aims after last summers chaos.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Main positive is having Cunha and Hwang back. Still looking shaky at the back. Poor from Bueno for their second. Is there a more ineffective footballer than Sarabia?
Yeah, it's nice to be able to give the opposition something to worry about again, it makes a massive difference. I'll half agree with you about Sarabia in that he was invisible today but he's scored or assisted 1/4 of our goals so if you take his season as a whole I don't think you could take it as 'ineffective'. But, yes, his recent form doesn't feel as good and he was awful today.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Felt it was a typical nothing to play for game for us.

One massive positive is the return of Cunha/Hwang if we can get a front three of forwards together for the last few games we will look a lot better than previous weeks, square pegs in round holes has been the case for a month or longer.

H Bueno should start if RAN isn't available a lot of the youngsters aren't ready yet but Bueno is and needs some game time.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A really poor quality game, for which Wolves were more than culpable. Our passing was atrocious from start to finish if we ever dared to deviate away from just prodding it backwards. I was hoping for some more quality from Doyle in particular today. Sarabia the usual non-event performance as an attacking force.

Thankful for Cunha's two goals and pleased to see Hwang back out there, but it was a very ugly game and performance that doesn't change my expectations of us not winning another game this season.

Forest a lot of huff and puff. They had clearly targeted this game for a win and targeted Sa at corners, which worked for one and came close to working at other times. They looked ripe for conceding goals though if anyone ever keeps the ball in and around their box though.

Ultimately I expect them to stay up anyway with the quality of the promoted sides, so it was all much ado about nothing today. A combative match, but not one to linger beyond tonight in the memory.

Last edited:

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Pleased for the point, haven't watched the game so my analysis is pretty useless, but I just want to put this season to bed now and rebuild and recover.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, it's nice to be able to give the opposition something to worry about again, it makes a massive difference. I'll half agree with you about Sarabia in that he was invisible today but he's scored or assisted 1/4 of our goals so if you take his season as a whole I don't think you could take it as 'ineffective'. But, yes, his recent form doesn't feel as good and he was awful today.
Yeah maybe I’m over exaggerating, I’ve said before I’m sure his stats are decent and I’m not sure how many assists have come from set pieces but he plays like a 40 year old coming out of retirement. Zero pace or strength makes him a difficult watch for me.

vini69

Reaction score
Main positive is having Cunha and Hwang back. Still looking shaky at the back. Poor from Bueno for their second. Is there a more ineffective footballer than Sarabia?
I can totally acknowledge your disappointment with him: goes missing, shirks challenges yet does have the tekkers to change a game. Show pony.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent point on the road. It was an entertaining game to watch, largely due to the high amount of errors from both sides, especially in the defensive third. Not one for the purists.

Our defending has been a real disappointment the last month or so, cost us Vs Cov and it has in the league but it as good to see Cunha back on the score sheet. His first was tremendous.

Some character shown to come away with a point in the end, but you have to be concerned with how soft we've looked as of late in our own box. Hopefully Dawson coming back in will help a bit.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah maybe I’m over exaggerating, I’ve said before I’m sure his stats are decent and I’m not sure how many assists have come from set pieces but he plays like a 40 year old coming out of retirement. Zero pace or strength makes him a difficult watch for me.
No argument on that part, he's our least combative player and, if we're under the cosh, he has zero value.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad to have this one in the rear view. Decent point for an otherwise poor performance. So happy to have Cunha back performing and good for Hwang to get 30 min under his belt.

Doc should not be starting for us. He offers very little in both edges of the pitch other than the occasional duel win.

6 more games this season, I’d like to get one or two more wins please.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A deserved draw,but we dont half make it hard for ourselves
Continuously giving the ball away,stupid challenges all game long
Have no idea what Sarabia was kept on for did nothing all game except wave his arms around
Gomes needs to calm it down a bit or he will see more reds than yellows seemed angry all game for some reason
Good to see players coming back and looking in decent form too
Another point and possibly heading to upset one of the title challengers before the season ends

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt it was a typical nothing to play for game for us.

One massive positive is the return of Cunha/Hwang if we can get a front three of forwards together for the last few games we will look a lot better than previous weeks, square pegs in round holes has been the case for a month or longer.

H Bueno should start if RAN isn't available a lot of the youngsters aren't ready yet but Bueno is and needs some game time.
One criticism I'll have of GON is his continuing obsession with Doherty at LWB if RAN is out or playing elsewhere. Hugo has his defensive frailties gives us much better balance there.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great goal from Cunha for first,
sloppy passing and giving the ball away cheaply again though , really need to sort that out
got back in it after going behind

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good goals from Cunha
Doyle probably out MOTM kept things ticking nicely
Semedo and Sarabia not their best today

Some real soft goals to concede you have to say better defence we would of won.

Draw is a good result not to lose. We move on.

F MGW

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Given who we’re missing, thought we played ok first half. Fantastic goal from Cunha. Such a shame we conceded just before the break (again exposing our newly-developed soft centre from set pieces in the absence of Dawson).

Second half was really poor. Nothing stuck up top and our passing was very sloppy. I know it’s not going to happen but I’d love to see a front three of Cunha, Neto and RAN. Would transform this team.

Sa 6
Bueno 6
Kilman 6
Toti 6
Semedo 6
Gomes 6
Lemina 6
Doyle 7
Doherty 6
Cunha 8
Sarabia 5

As for MGW. Really good player (and performance today). Just think he should be showing us and the club that gave him so much a little more respect.

Finally…didn’t feel right seeing Nuno and his coaching staff in that huddle celebrating goals against us. Unlike MGW though, he’ll be revered forever for what he gave us and the respect he has always shown the club since leaving.

Last edited:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good goals from Cunha
Doyle probably out MOTM kept things ticking nicely
Semedo and Sarabia not their best today

Some real soft goals to concede you have to say better defence we would of won.

Draw is a good result not to lose. We move on.

F MGW
It was a result Somedo not getting baoked today. Got over the line for the 32rd game. Gomes near to a red. That really could have been it for us.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many players didn't seem interested. No passion and looked as though they were going through the motions. Cunha is a positive and was our most effective player. Thought Hugo looked OK when he came on but Sarabia, Traore, Doc, Chirewa and Fraser gave us nothing. Semedo back to his dozy self, especially first half and Gomes petulant throughout. Look like a team where the end of the season can't come soon enough.
The good news is that we didn't have a good half followed by a crap half - they were both poor. :rolleyes:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many players didn't seem interested. No passion and looked as though they were going through the motions. Cunha is a positive and was our most effective player. Thought Hugo looked OK when he came on but Sarabia, Traore, Doc, Chirewa and Fraser gave us nothing. Semedo back to his dozy self, especially first half and Gomes petulant throughout. Look like a team where the end of the season can't come soon enough.
The good news is that we didn't have a good half followed by a crap half - they were both poor. :rolleyes:
Why pick on three players who hardly had time to even get into the game?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like this team. They have skill and character. Against a really committed Forest team we went 2 1 down and got a well deserved point. They have a lot of heart. If Hobbs has a good summer and we recruit well and keep our key players, we could do really well next season. I've loved this season and we could do something special. In the meantime, bring on Arsenal, let's beat them Saturday under the Molineux lights

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lucky to get a point.
Wolves were sloppy…….sloppy……sloppy and that invites pressure and goals. And we do it game after game.

Even if we have all strikers fully fit next season, I don’t think our defense is good enough. All season long we have trouble trying to move the ball out just like today.

A shaky, leaky defence will hinder any chance of qualifying for Europe in 2026.

Reactions: Ian

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I really like this team. They have skill and character. Against a really committed Forest team we went 2 1 down and got a well deserved point. They have a lot of heart. If Hobbs has a good summer and we recruit well and keep our key players, we could do really well next season. I've loved this season and we could do something special. In the meantime, bring on Arsenal, let's beat them Saturday under the Molineux lights
This it’s been so enjoyable and going so fast the past couple of seasons have dragged and been a chore

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lucky to get a point.
Wolves were sloppy…….sloppy……sloppy and that invites pressure and goals. And we do it game after game.

Even if we have all strikers fully fit next season, I don’t think our defense is good enough. All season long we have trouble trying to move the ball out just like today.

A shaky, leaky defence will hinder any chance of qualifying for Europe in 2026.

I'd say deserved the point, unlucky to not get all three at a difficult place to go, due to yet more VAR deficiencies.

Thought our general play was fine and a lot of the criticism in the match thread and in this thread is totally unwarranted after a committed and decent performance.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I'd mentioned 7 players who didn't impress. :rolleyes: As for 'pick on' - they're not school kids playing under 11s. :tearsofjoy:
They are not seasoned players either. they did the job they were asked to do which was to see out the match. Traore especially asked to take a position he is not used to.
So take 3 away from 7 leaves 4 you ere unimpressed by wich then does that mean you were okay with all the others? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom