Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest Verdict

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All the possession, do nothing with it, allow the other team to create far more chances from less of the ball, and lucky to get a point. It's gona be a long painful end to the season, but hopefully we'll stay up by our fingertips...

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only positive is the point. It was otherwise another awful performance, overseen by an overhyped tinkerman manager who consistently gets his starting lineup wrong.
I'm finding it difficult to disagree with that appraisal!
Why the need to keep changing the bloody starting eleven so drastically?!!!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Awful selection. Awful performance. Ok result.

We look like the single worst side in the division at the moment.

MoM: Toti (and I’m one of those who doesn’t think he should be anywhere near the starting XI).

Sa 5
Semedo 6
Kilman 6
Dawson 5
Toti 6
Neves 5
Lemina 5
Nunes 6
Moutinho 4
Adama 6
Cunha 5

Podence 6
Sarabia 4
Bueno 6
Costa 5
Neto N/A

MGW the best player on the pitch by a distance. The contrast between Moutinho and him in that role was sobering.

More worried than I’ve been all season that we’ll go down.

Last edited:

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to start picking the best 11 from the off, feel like these days I can look at the lineup posted and already tell that changes will need to be made at HT to get us back into the game…

Last edited:

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The two worst sides in the league play out a draw, and we were exceptionally fortunate to even get that.

We're diabolical. Completely and utterly dreadful. For all that the likes of Bournemouth lack in quality, they have 100x more heart than this bunch of cowards.

And that comes from the top down. What sort of starting 11 was that? You don't go to a side like Forest who give up chances at will and play for 0-0 at 60 minutes. Honestly, I'm sick to bloody death of it. Negative, safety first managers. What has Lopetegui actually changed in terms of our output? We've had a few better results than under Lage in 50/50 games, but performances have been near identical.

I look at the Neves suspension and wonder if it may actually benefit us in terms of trying something different. Maybe add Boubacar Traore into the midfield and have some form of presence and attacking threat there. I'm not sure how it could possibly be worse. But of course doing that would require a slither of bravery and maybe even dropping Moutinho (God forbid)

We're in serious, serious trouble, and quite frankly deserve to go down.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another match with good possession and no idea what to do with it.
Yet again we use the horseshoe of doom and avoid the fertile plain of plenty ...that most hallowed piece of turf centrally near and in the box...so sacred is it that feet are not allowed to touch it..

T

TheConcourse

If someone had told me that Dean Saunders re-entered the doors of Molineux and picked that team then I wouldn’t have been surprised.

An absolutely rancid performance against the worst side in the league, who should have been out of sight by the hour mark.

Julen really needs to take a long hard look at himself tonight, because we’re going down if things don’t improve drastically.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to start picking the best 11 from the off, feel like these days I can look at the lineup posted and already tell that changes have to made at HT to get us back into the game…
I agree. Julens plan always seems to be to try to change things to improve, how about we actually start some games with a threat?

SellyWolf

Reaction score
This is a verdict on today, but it’s been brewing.

We are a team of persistent moaners who struggle to keep their calm and focus on playing football and we are led and managed by a coaching staff who are much the same. We have play-actors, petulant wannabe hard-men and are really lacking in leadership. We don’t seem to have a discernible style of play or set of values and relying on basically going 1-0 down and then dismantling the formation to slowly bring on forwards to replace defenders is really not a long term strategy.

Podence is an embarrassment (goal or not) and deserved to be sent off. Would have given me 3 games off watching his histrionics and ‘clever football’.

Good point. Brennan Johnson off to Spurs in the summer…

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very even first half, unlucky to be behind despite creating little.

Incredibly fortunate to come away with a point. Second half was terrible.

Say what you like about Podence, I'd probably agree with you, but he's our top scorer and some of those goals have been very important.

Emmanuel Dennis is Forest's Adama. Strong, fast, exciting to watch. Gets in to positions no one else could. Woeful end product 99% of the time - luckily.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
awful performance. Forest are a shocking team and we salvaged one shot on target against them. They probably should have won given their chances.

Seems that after the initial new manager bounce JL isn't all that when it comes to life in the Prem, or at least life with us.

Changes needed in the squad desperately.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did not deserve that. No pretending - that was rubbish. Every bit of it other than pod's goal. Messed up a throw in, free kick and corner all in the last few minutes too. Also way too much diving around.

Honestly that's the first time I've felt we'd be relegated. Bad management, bad tactics and multiple poor and lazy performances.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should not be starting Mouts. Only bring him on to shut up shop if we ever get near that situation. Adama is a sub. Nunes absolutely no bottle.
We need some warriors. Usually Dawson, Neves and maybe Kilman but lacking them today.
The Iberian contingent are mostly tippy, tappy, fair weather players who you don't want with you in a relegation battle.

Last edited:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful performance and our only shot on target went in. Gave Forest the initiative from the off with a surprising selection from Loppy who said that we shouldn't get worked-up but had one of his coaching staff getting sent off for just that. We were sloppy, cowardly and soft. Nunes, Cunha, Sarabia looked weak as **** and it took the 132 year old Costa to give us some nous. Neves got his 10th yellow so will now miss Chelsea and Bournemouth, Semedo is also now close to a suspension.
Podence appeared to spit at Johnson, but VAR didn't see that he had so until proven guilty and all that....
Even though we got a point, we still look soft and imo one of the relegation places, especially as Bournemouth again showed guts to come back and beat Flum.
Loppy has not really brought the organisation, signings or steel that Wolves need.

Last edited:

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful awful performance

Unlikely point from one shot on target

Too much tinkering with starting line up

Too much aggro from the bench and not enough on the pitch (right sort of aggression obviously)

Podence is a disgusting little man and should have the book thrown at him

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very lucky, JL tinkered again and it didn't work, so we had to use the Hail Mary yet again and got extremely fortunate to score.

We will stay up, but god damn, it's not pretty.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another match with good possession and no idea what to do with it.
Yet again we use the horseshoe of doom and avoid the fertile plain of plenty ...that most hallowed piece of turf centrally near and in the box...so sacred is it that feet are not allowed to touch it..
It used to be called the POMO (Position of maximum opportunity)

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful selection. Awful performance. Ok result.

We look like the single worst side in the division at the moment.

MoM: Toti (and I’m one of those who doesn’t think he should be anywhere near the starting XI).

Sa 5
Semedo 6
Kilman 6
Dawson 5
Toti 6
Neves 5
Lemina 5
Nunes 5
Moutinho 4
Adama 6
Cunha 5

Podence 6
Sarabia 4
Bueno 6
Costa 5
Neto N/A

MGW the best player on the pitch by a distance. The contrast between Moutinho and him in that role was sobering.

More worried than I’ve been all season that we’ll go down.
Spot on!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful performance and Lopetegui gifted them ahead start with that ridiculous negative starting line up against Forest (who are rubbish btw) I just can't get my head round it and feel really disappointed by a manager who you would think would know better...

We talk about our inability to create chances and score goals the lack of shots on goal today was embarrassing given how much we had the ball but we really don't help ourselves do we....

We played our best football under Lopetegui when Moutinho was not starting games how on earth with the options we have is he back into the starting line up it's a joke we can all see he isn't up to it anymore... Did absolutely nothing in that first half!

T

TheConcourse

People laughed when I said I am completely unconvinced by JL.
There was another chap who was vehemently against him. I think many of us were taken in by the start, which included a fortunate win at Everton.

Doesn’t have a clue what his best eleven is, and his constant obsession with putting players in positions where they’re most uncomfortable is bordering on crazy.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People laughed when I said I am completely unconvinced by JL.
I had my doubts about defensive style football when his name was mentioned. Don’t know where this idea of high intensity pressing has come from. Neves basically middle of a 3 at the back and 4 defensive midfielders in a team with a winger and a number 10/wide player up front.

Out the gap with you …. fraud!!!

Back
Top Bottom