Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest Verdict

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Badly needed 3 points, but does illustrate how much work our next permanent manager needs to do.

Forest are a dire team who have spent unbelievable money to build said dire team. Though half of that was on MGW so...

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know how many times I've seen this game before:
Wolves on a winless run, playing a poor team at home, and in the final stages we are just gifting them the ball like it's a hot potato and pleading for the ref for blow.

It's actually quite amazing that hundreds of millions of pounds of investment, a multinational investment company and players with umpteen international caps actually just repeat that same pattern you've seen over the decades where once it was clinging on to beat Grimsby in a half-closed stadium with Paul Stancliffe in defence and now it's Joao Moutinho and co flailing around.

At least we got the result, but... the quality of passing and shooting, allied to the lack of any defensive solidity if ever the opponent simply lumps the ball toward your goal doesn't bode particularly well for the other 99% of games this year where we won't be playing the bottom side.

Now time to let my heart rate come back somewhere approaching comfortable....

Last edited:

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Omg that second half was awful. League 2 standard defending.

Great to get 3 points, good first half where no one could shoot but we did try and get forwards, got a penalty no one saw, neves held his nerve, and sa saved us.

Some ok performances but jonny and toti, oh my god. Just so, so poor. Semedo and collins are shoe ins if it. Moutinho little better to be honest and even neves fell apart in the lead up to the pen.

Forest are in deep do do.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I posted on Comms thread, "Today a win was all important and so success, performance poor and so glad I stayed home".

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know how many times I've seen this game before:
Wolves on a winless run, playing a poor team at home, and in the final stages we are just gifting them the ball like it's a hot potato and pleading for the ref for blow.

It's actually quite amazing that hundreds of millions of pounds of investment, a multinational investment company and players with umpteen international caps actually just repeat that same pattern you've seen over the decades where once it was clinging on to beat Grimsby in a half-closed stadium with Paul Stancliffe in defence and now it's Joao Moutinho and co flailing around.
I'd play bouba against palace , mouts to sit on the bench.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Special mention to Jose Sa. It looks like it's his his left wrist that's broken judging by the extra strapping going up his forearm. That was the hand he saved the penalty with, and you could see it hurt by his reaction.

Also, the fact that the game went into the 100th minute is a disgrace. Almost like the officials wanted Forest to equalise.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t watch it today because I was concerned we’d lose and end up bottom by dinner time. Followed the game on Sky and MolMix, and even so, I had everything crossed during that lengthy injury time. Can’t comment on the play or players, but will just say we absolutely had to win that game, and we did. We scored in the second half, even if it was a penalty. We kept a clean sheet, even if it took a Sa penalty save. So we finish the day outside the relegation zone and a point behind Liverpool.

And to add some cream, Cooper complaining about the referee’s performance in his post match. :)

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good three points, not a game that will live long in the memory though. Sa, Moutinho and Traore played well. Nunes anonymous, starting to look like a really poor signing

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good first hour,just invited them on after that
Much needed win though and that added to the pressure
Never seen Neves so wasteful with his passes,Toti made me a nervous wreck every time he had the ball
Cant complain though sometimes you just have to win any way you can and get a bit of confidence back
Lets hope we get a new manager very early next week,and sort some of this lot out though

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone was complaining about the ref and var was appalling too. Maybe the right decisions in the end but no excuse for the length of time.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes the saying ‘3 points is all that matters’ is used inappropriately.

Today, 3 points is absolutely all that matters. Just got to scrape as many points as possible before this WC break.

Well done Davies and Collins too, definitely seen signs of improvement, fair play.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Special mention to Jose Sa. It looks like it's his his left wrist that's broken judging by the extra strapping going up his forearm. That was the hand he saved the penalty with, and you could see it hurt by his reaction.

Also, the fact that the game went into the 100th minute is a disgrace. Almost like the officials wanted Forest to equalise.
10 minutes of extra time was shocking. That ref was so out of his depth it wasnt funny.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scrappy win

As I said earlier our game management was poor. Neves free kick with 2 mins to go went straight to a Forrest player. We need to waste time , play in the corners etc

Still 3 points all that mattered today. Feel alot better. Need 5/6 points from next four games (which is a stretch) to put us back on track

And the ten mis played was a disgrace. Would have been well ****ed off had they scored then

Ref was like a kid in his first day at school

D

Deleted member (smith)

This was a poor display against the worst team in the league who deserved a 5-0 spanking.

same old problems.

Neves, Adama and Sa were good and met expectations.

kilman, Nunes Moutinho did nothing to improve their reputations

RAN, Jonny, Toti , Podence were poor

Costa was a shadow of the player Chelsea had and is not the solution we need but highlights the problem

unless something changes we will certainly be in the relegation battle all season and hoping there are three worse teams

Last edited by a moderator:

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We had to win this game and by the skin of our teeth we did so I’m relieved and happy. Deep down though I know problems exist and I’m hoping a new coach can fix some of our problems. Forest were poor but we weren’t much better. Sa MOM for me saved us again. We need a coach to join up our attacking play but this win gives us a bit of breathing space at least.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positives are that we played with a bit of pace in the first half and it looked like a team of Championship players versus a team of Premier League players and Toti. Good to get a win.

Still can't score from open play though and that last half hour was awful.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A hard earned but ultimately deserved victory. The opposition were very poor, but she. You’re on a poor run yourself, any scraps are welcome

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was a poor display against the worst team in the league who deserved a 5-0 spanking.

same old problems.

Neves, Adama and Sa were good and met expectations.

kilman, Nunes Moutinho did nothing to improve their reputations

RAN, Jonny, Toti , Podence were poor

Costa was a shadow of the player Chelsea had and is not the solution we need but highlights the problem

unless something changes we will certainly be in 5he relegation battle all season and hopin* there are three worse teams
We won with no manager and rock bottom confidence.

Context. Couldn’t give a **** today.

Last edited:

siwolf80

Reaction score
Everyone was complaining about the ref and var was appalling too. Maybe the right decisions in the end but no excuse for the length of time.
2 long Var checks, Neves injury and about 8 subs, to be fair i thought 8min was about right.

The issue is there is no consistecny, in another game it would have been 5.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a game of two halves, but a game of 3/4, 1/4 where we played decent, dominated and scored. That was as good as it got, as after we scored, the scaredy-cat Wolves appeared and we nervously saw-out the match. A fantastic peno save from Jose, sealed the points and hopefully that kick-starts our season and we take confidence from the win.

Ratings;

Sa - 9 - Not much to do until the last quarter, but a fantastic save earned the points.
Jonny - 7 - Did fine, covered well and generally looks better on the right.
Max - 7 - Dominant for the most part.
Toti - 6 - Much better than against Chelsea.
RAN - 7 - Got into some good attacking positions and delivered a nice cross to Costa.
Moutinho - 7 - Caught on the ball a couple of times, but kept the midfield ticking.
Neves - 8 - Worked well with his mate in the middle and kept his cool for the goal.
Nunes - 6 - Got into some good positions behind Forest, but brain-fade for the penalty.
Traore - 7 - Our best chance of a goal; some good, some bad and some ugly. Typical Traore performance.
Costa - 5 - Immobile and few touches.
Podence - 6 - Too many flicks, most of which didn't come off and was caught on the ball too often.

Subs;

Most came on too late to make an impact. Used to break-up the match in the latter stages.

Not a perfect performance and reverted to type after the goal, but hopefully a little pressure lifted and we can press on. Time will tell!

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho needs putting out to pasture I’m afraid to say. Never looks to play the ball forward, slows down play and is just too slow now. He’s a liability.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
I wanted Bruno gone as much as the next man but by god you can see why he played Neves in defence before toti, he's a heart attack waiting to happen.
A much needed win but for me, Jonny, Moutinho need to be on the bench from now if semedo and traore are fit.
We also need to get Nunes in his best position,we are wasting him.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than the penalty save, highlight of that game for me was Hodge scything down their #7 and Neves giving him a pat on the head for his efforts.

Still think we'll be in the mix for relegation. Not a single forward with a strike on goal and you can only ask Neves to score so many Pk's and Sa to save PKs.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Bloody hell. Made hard work of that against a very poor Forest side. Started well enough and much the better side for the first 60 minutes. Unfortunately, our lack of quality and cutting edge in the final third remained consistent. Nerve-wracking (if understandable) lack of composure in keeping the ball at the end.

Positives for me (Sa penalty save aside) were Neves and Nunes (although he loses a mark for a moment of madness for the penalty). Clearly our two best players and the best chance we have of getting out of this mess. RAN and Adama offered some threat and running power going forward but we didn’t have any real fluidity.

Really don’t feel comfortable whenever Toti has the ball and Collins’ return can’t come soon enough. If he or Kilman get injured or suspended (again), we are in big trouble.

Costa still searching for fitness but at least started to put himself about a bit second half. Moutinho caught in possession in an awful position just outside the box. Really hoping that he and Jonny can turn their underwhelming starts to the season round. Personally, I’d have Semedo and B Traore for a bit of extra athleticism and pace.

Sa 7
Jonny 5
Kilman 6
Toti 5
RAN 6
Neves 7
Moutinho 5
Nunes 6
Adama 7
Costa 5
Podence 6

Thought the crowd were really supportive in what was a hugely nervous last few minutes. Not the greatest performance but a game that we absolutely had to win.

With Collins and Kilman in defence and Neves and Nunes in midfield, we have a solid base to build from. The biggest thing that a new Manager has to do is provide some proper structure and consistency to our attacking play. Is Nuno the man to do that? As much as I adore him, I’m not sure he is.

Anyway, that’s for another day.

Finally, made up for Steve Davis. Must be a great moment for him to lead his boyhood club to three hugely valuable points.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was not exactly a perfect Steve Davis break.
It was butt ugly,it was.
And I do not care one iota at this moment.
Ledheavy three pointer.
Sa the hero with another penalty saved.

Happy talkin talkin happy talk
Talk about things you`d like to do
You´ve got to have a dream
If you don´t have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true

Now,I will enjoy a big ole Whiskey!

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wanted Bruno gone as much as the next man but by god you can see why he played Neves in defence before toti, he's a heart attack waiting to happen.
A much needed win but for me, Jonny, Moutinho need to be on the bench from now if semedo and traore are fit.
We also need to get Nunes in his best position,we are wasting him.
This. Nunes is being wasted. Needs to be playing instead of Mouts, not alongside him.

Back
Top Bottom