Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest Charged - Surrounding the Referee

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite the FA charge, the referee didn’t book a single player for it.

Johnson was booked for the dive which led to the surrounding.

You couldn’t make this up.
The FA appear intent on making itself more and more ridiculous.
We all saw Fernades push the referee against Liverpool. They acknowledged this but decided no further action was required as I recall.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute shambles. They literally made up a rule to send him off. The media even tried to pretend it was a thing for a weekend until it was forgotten about. It's a ****ing farce. That incident genuinely needs investigating. Gillet should be suspended and looked into.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute shambles. They literally made up a rule to send him off. The media even tried to pretend it was a thing for a weekend until it was forgotten about. It's a ****ing farce. That incident genuinely needs investigating. Gillet should be suspended and looked into.
And Howard Webb should be Sacked

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just stinks. Makes me think is life in the championship better, better Refs I think, No VAR, No top 6 / now 7 who can bend the rules.

It's just horrible games v Blackpool / wigan / Rotherham on a Tuesday that make me think not.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
then they have the audacity to fine us for being unhappy at these crazy decisions
This is one that really winds me up

"Oh, you're upset and complaining about our incompetence that's bordering on cheating and could get you relegated? Here, have a fine for not being happy about being shafted every week"

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The FA appear intent on making itself more and more ridiculous.
We all saw Fernades push the referee against Liverpool. They acknowledged this but decided no further action was required as I recall.

Much as Fernandes is a whiny little rat he didn't deserve a booking for that 'push'.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The rule is that the third player runs aggressively, as long as the third Forrest player walked up carrrying a bunch of flowers I don't see a problem. I assume any after that can run aggressively again.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gillet was a vindictive **** that day. Followed by the Leeds ref who’s name escapes me.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is the Podence thread missing from the list yet I can still post on it ?

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ref that sent Lamina off went out on his own in making a ridiculous decision - the only rational explanation being that he personally wanted to make some sort of point.

The PGMOL & the FA would sustain more credibility in being open that the ref totally ****ed up and made a stupid call - albeit they'd of had to of hung one of their own out to dry (which I can't help but feel he brought upon himself).

Instead they trotted down the path of backing it up with an arbitrary (but non-consequential) booking for a Man City player the next day and now these stupid retrospective charges for Forest. If it is indeed an offence it's not really one that the ref wouldn't have seen on the day and yet he served out no punishment at the time.

We all get that ref's make mistakes and there's always going to be a human element involved and therefore inconsistencies - but why do they continued to shroud themselves in mystery around their conduct.

Surely more open dialogue from referees would go along way to easing the frustrations and misconceptions endured by us fans (ie ultimately the ones that pay all their wages) instead of giving the perception of being an untouchable body seemingly accountable to nobody.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree totally. If the FA were to back peddle to save credibilty then the distance involved in that means the next meeting of theirs while be held on Jupiter !!!!
Crying out for a Uranus joke. Perhaps we should tell them "Stick your fine up Uranus".

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said. “The Standard third player surrounding the ref rule...”. Shame on them all.

Back
Top Bottom