Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest Away - Pubs

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Any ideas where the 'away pubs' are for matchday? Guessing they'll be a few options?

ng7wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The official away pub is the broken wheelbarrow next to county's ground. Most pubs near the city ground or trent bridge tend to be home fans only (or no away colours)

Near the train station there's the canal House, and a few other bars/pubs by the canal which are decent.
If you want proper old historic pubs then take a walk towards the castle, and check out ye olde trippe to Jerusalem, ye olde salutation, or the royal children.

Further from the ground but also worth a mention are the bell (on market square), the angel microbrewery (where I work, near lace market tram stop, and neon raptor taphouse (Sneinton market)

Also as previously mentioned there's a hooters if that's what you're after

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Nottingham for a pub crawl. Is the Angel the old pub in lace quarter? Might be worth drinking in the town centre then taxi out to the County Ground which isn't too far from the Trent Bridge.

ng7wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes mate, the angel is pretty old. The building first appears on a map in 1676, and is first marked as the angel inn 1774.
People must have been smaller back then, as I can't stand up straight in the lower cellars.

If you're in that part of town the keans head is a good ale pub worth a visit.

That said Nottingham has loads of pubs and bars to choose from, and you're unlikely to find trouble unless you're looking for it, or being a total *******, so enjoy the day and hopefully the game also

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Stratford in West Bridgford is decent (Castle Rock Brewery), but I've not been on a match day. The Embankment by Trent Bridge is good too if you're on that side of town, but again not been on a match day...

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Stratford in West Bridgford is decent (Castle Rock Brewery), but I've not been on a match day. The Embankment by Trent Bridge is good too if you're on that side of town, but again not been on a match day...
They'd all be packed and home fans only I'd have thought? Wolverhampton style

ng7wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
They'd all be packed and home fans only I'd have thought? Wolverhampton style
I know the embankment gets rammed on match day, and have a no away colours policy when they play against derby/leicester/sheffield teams. Not sure about the Stratford as I've not been there myself.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good choice for both sets of supporters but very popular, so if you want a seat you'll have to turn up early. The food on offer is half decent too, but you'll pay for the privilege. Good selection of ales.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Another few places I like in town worth mentioning are Keans Head, Junkyard and Tap House. Oh and there's the Brewdog pub. If you like your ales etc. Vat & Fiddle is kind of between town and stadium (ish).

Completely on wrong side of town for football stadium, but I usually go to the Organ Grinder (blue monkey brewery) and Sir John Borlaise Warren pubs. Might be ok if start your crawl on the west side of town and get there early (open at 12)...

Again, I've no idea what they're like on match days!

ng7wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Another few places I like in town worth mentioning are Keans Head, Junkyard and Tap House. Oh and there's the Brewdog pub. If you like your ales etc. Vat & Fiddle is kind of between town and stadium (ish).

Completely on wrong side of town for football stadium, but I usually go to the Organ Grinder (blue monkey brewery) and Sir John Borlaise Warren pubs. Might be ok if start your crawl on the west side of town and get there early (open at 12)...

Again, I've no idea what they're like on match days!
Just spoke to someone who works at vat and fiddle. Away fans are fine there as long as colours are covered and no chanting or rowdiness.
Big groups of obvious wolves fans will be encouraged to the official away pub on meadow lane.

dps

Reaction score
Extremely unlikely I know, but if anyone has a couple of spare tickets in adjacent seats could they DM me please? I'm in Nottingham on Saturday to collect my son from the uni. Catching the game before we head back down south would be ideal.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loads in the town to choose from, I absolutely love Nottingham, it's better than Brum or Manchester or Sheffield (probably on a par with Bristol and Newcastle for an away day). I can't go cos I'm moving house (again) but I'd get in early, go to one near the old market square (proper town pubs), down to one of the pubs on the cut like the canalhouse if the weather's decent, then on to the County club and the ground. But people who know Nottingham better will hopefully have some better shouts.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes mate, the angel is pretty old. The building first appears on a map in 1676, and is first marked as the angel inn 1774.
People must have been smaller back then, as I can't stand up straight in the lower cellars.

If you're in that part of town the keans head is a good ale pub worth a visit.

That said Nottingham has loads of pubs and bars to choose from, and you're unlikely to find trouble unless you're looking for it, or being a total *******, so enjoy the day and hopefully the game also
What's the Fox & Grapes at Sneinton Market like, I've just walked past it a few times - I'm in Sheffield and Nottingham is my preferred day out if I wanna go to a city; I park in Sneinton. Is it hipster heaven or still a decent boozer (or both)? Any ideas about nice normal pubs in the middle of town?

I love pubs.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Spent a few days in Nottingham between Christmas & NY, my other half is vegan so a trip to the Angel is obligatory when we're in the area, good beer and grub in there. Ye Olde Trip always seems to be a bit of a tourist trap, Navigation Inn and Canalhouse are worth a visit and I also like the Hop Merchant in the centre for a nice pint of Bass.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For real ale and cider I've read really positive comments about The Partizan Tavern., 17 Manvers Street. From the station it's in the wrong direction to the ground. From the pub to the ground is a 27 minute walk according to google maps.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For real ale and cider I've read really positive comments about The Partizan Tavern., 17 Manvers Street. From the station it's in the wrong direction to the ground. From the pub to the ground is a 27 minute walk according to google maps.
King Billy next door looks good too. Although Sneinton Market area is very hipster-y now so it might be full of ****s.

ng7wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
What's the Fox & Grapes at Sneinton Market like, I've just walked past it a few times - I'm in Sheffield and Nottingham is my preferred day out if I wanna go to a city; I park in Sneinton. Is it hipster heaven or still a decent boozer (or both)? Any ideas about nice normal pubs in the middle of town?

I love pubs.
Fox and grapes is a good pub. Decent selection of beers and a well kept cellar. Sneinton market is a bit of a hipster area though, so you might come across some dodgy mustaches.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fox and grapes is a good pub. Decent selection of beers and a well kept cellar. Sneinton market is a bit of a hipster area though, so you might come across some dodgy mustaches.
Not a pleasant thought

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20 of us heading to Hooters and then possibly the away pub at Notts County

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the Navigation by the station and the Trent Navigation near County like?

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trent Nav is a big home pub but very good.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"King Billy" in town and then just a hop away, the "Partizan" (plenty of Red Star and Partizan memorabilia on the walls).
Will move on then to the "Vat and Fiddle" close to the station, but may sneek a cheeky one in first at the smallest pub in the world (can't remember its name), that adjoins the station.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got an East Midlands accent so it’s one of the rare occasions I can float about like a ninja and never be noticed.
Might see you on the train down from Sheffield. Another home(ish) game for us in Sheffield :)

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Best place is Notts County.

We went to a nice little pub last year but I can’t remember the name of it. It was a pub that also served Indian food. City centreish.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might see you on the train down from Sheffield. Another home(ish) game for us in Sheffield :)
I live in Woodseats so it’s easier to get our lass to drive me. She gets an afternoon shopping and I get drunk and watch the footy. What’s not to love. Leaving in ten minutes :hearteyes:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
went in the Notts county social club for a couple after the vat and fiddle. £6.50 a pint, robbing ****s!!

Back
Top Bottom