Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

For any programme collectors out there!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Yorkshire Post have an article today saying that one of the world's rarest football programmes is being put up for auction. The programme is for our game at Man Utd on Feb 8 1958 which was postponed following the Munich air disaster 2 days earlier. The seller who has owned the programme all his life kept it in a bedside cabinet for 65 years! The programme goes under the hammer next Friday at Hertfordshire auction house Hanson Ross and is expected to fetch £8, 000. I wonder if Tring would be interested?! Thinking about this I can fully believe that this programme has been kept safe all these years as my particularly treasured programmes are kept separately in the house and not with all the other accumulated Wolves stuff in the shed!

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A guy from Prestatyn I used to meet on the train (Dave originally from Manchester RIP) had every single programme/team sheet from after the second World War, how much must they be worth?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A guy from Prestatyn I used to meet on the train (Dave originally from Manchester RIP) had every single programme/team sheet from after the second World War, how much must they be worth?
I have literally many 100s of Wolves programmes, mostly home but many aways, going back to the 50s. I think football programmes are a bit like CDs, now pretty worthless tbh unless you have an exceedingly rare one, like the one to be auctioned above. I do wonder if the Wolves Cup Final progs and some old European ones may be worth a bit but I expect there are 1,000s of these about?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have literally many 100s of Wolves programmes, mostly home but many aways, going back to the 50s. I think football programmes are a bit like CDs, now pretty worthless tbh unless you have an exceedingly rare one, like the one to be auctioned above. I do wonder if the Wolves Cup Final progs and some old European ones may be worth a bit but I expect there are 1,000s of these about?
It's not my cup of tea but my brother , the wolves historian is an avid programme collector.... he regularly goes to all the programme fares etc ...buying and selling etc ..going back all the way. Haven't got much knowledge myself but some are worth more than others , it's all down to how many were printed etc. You might be surprised with some....not massively but surprised....

Last edited:

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to love collecting football programmes when I was younger and used to send off for catalogues from the adverts in Shoot! and Match magazine. I ended up giving most of them away in later years

I have a couple left including a Corinthian Casuals one from their Fa cup run in 83 or 84

My big regret is I use to have a wolves programme signed by the entire 1985 squad but I let it slip through my fingers in a moment of chaos

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently any wolves programme from 1950/51 or 1951/52 fetch a decent amount......the floodlight friendlies ain't worth a lot....

The best 2 programmes that you will get about £100 for are the West Brom Charity Shield Game 1954.....wolves v maccabi tel Aviv 1954.....

That's was me message....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not my cup of tea but my brother , the wolves historian is an avid programme collector.... he regularly goes to all the programme fares etc ...buying and selling etc ..going back all the way. Haven't got much knowledge myself but some are worth more than others , it's all down to how many were printed etc. You might be surprised with some....not massively but surprised....
Some time in the near(ish) future I'd love to give my programmes to some one who would appreciate them. No one in my family is interested in football and I'd hate to think they would just get chucked out. They have great sentimental value to me and I suppose they would only be of interest to Wolves fan. If your brother is interested in them he could PM me.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some time in the near(ish) future I'd love to give my programmes to some one who would appreciate them. No one in my family is interested in football and I'd hate to think they would just get chucked out. They have great sentimental value to me and I suppose they would only be of interest to Wolves fan. If your brother is interested in them he could PM me.
He has boxes and boxes of them...as I said he is an avid collector of them....there probably isn't a wolves programme that exists home and away that he doesn't own.....but cheers for the offer....

If your are ever at the museum, seek out the club historian cause he will no doubt talk to you for hours about programmes and general wolves stuff....

As I said programmes was never my cup of tea much.... although I did make the front cover of 1987/88 season with my face on a picture in the ground which I was rather pleased with at the time.....My only old memorabilia I cherish as such is as my uncle worked at the club I got him to get every player 1979/80 season to sign there name across their stickers in my panni sticker book which I used to cherish like it was gold at the time....

As I say , cheers for offer......

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some early ones can be worth a bit, but most from 50s on aren’t worth much unless they are significant matches

That said I did get £40 for my Wolves Arsenal one from the season they went undefeated as people wanted to get the whole set for the season
Heard that before Arsenal fans are all over them programmes from that season,..

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Some early ones can be worth a bit, but most from 50s on aren’t worth much unless they are significant matches

That said I did get £40 for my Wolves Arsenal one from the season they went undefeated as people wanted to get the whole set for the season
I was going to mention this one too. I've got a couple of them.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to love collecting football programmes when I was younger and used to send off for catalogues from the adverts in Shoot! and Match magazine. I ended up giving most of them away in later years

I have a couple left including a Corinthian Casuals one from their Fa cup run in 83 or 84

My big regret is I use to have a wolves programme signed by the entire 1985 squad but I let it slip through my fingers in a moment of chaos
I used to collect programmes from Steve Earl who advertised in those magazines. He is still going now.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I inherited a few interesting ones from my Dad. Both Cup Final programmes 1949 & 60 plus the ticket stubs, Wolves v Spartak from 1950s (but not v Honved, that one has got lost) and both Sporting Pinks from the days of the two Cup Finals. Not particularly valuable, though, as many Wolves fans have all of them.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same got the league and the cup game. Probably worth keeping hold of
The prices went quite high at the end of that season for a few months as getting the full set for the year was a thing then, so demand was quite high,I’m not sure they fetch that much now as the fad has passed a bit, but probably still worth more than most from that era

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I inherited a few interesting ones from my Dad. Both Cup Final programmes 1949 & 60 plus the ticket stubs, Wolves v Spartak from 1950s (but not v Honved, that one has got lost) and both Sporting Pinks from the days of the two Cup Finals. Not particularly valuable, though, as many Wolves fans have all of them.
Same as yourself, my dad passed his programmes on to me and there's a few from the late 40s. It's still a part of the matchday ritual for me to buy a programme, as much as a souvenir of the event as for its content. Last Friday's Brentford programme was unusual as it had the appearance of a normal programme but actually opened up into a large fold out sheet. I've not come across one like that before.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading this has confirmed my view, that apart from a very few 'special' programmes, most programmes are worth pretty much zero nowadays. It saddens me to think that when I snuff it all my Wolves memorabilia (mainly progs, ALOBs, pinks, ticket stubs) will all go in the shredder. It must be great to have Wolves supporting kids/family whom you could pass this stuff onto.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading this has confirmed my view, that apart from a very few 'special' programmes, most programmes are worth pretty much zero nowadays. It saddens me to think that when I snuff it all my Wolves memorabilia (mainly progs, ALOBs, pinks, ticket stubs) will all go in the shredder. It must be great to have Wolves supporting kids/family whom you could pass this stuff onto.
I think Wolves museum takes some

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had another message....if anybody has programmes from 1950/51 season the museum maybe interested in those......they have programmes dating back to the 30s ....but 50/51 are quite rare.....

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had another message....if anybody has programmes from 1950/51 season the museum maybe interested in those......they have programmes dating back to the 30s ....but 50/51 are quite rare.....
Met a guy on Saturday after I got back from the Brentford game. From Wolverhampton but living in Dublin. Told me his mother had a lot of stuff from 40/50s and had donated to the museum.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Met a guy on Saturday after I got back from the Brentford game. From Wolverhampton but living in Dublin. Told me his mother had a lot of stuff from 40/50s and had donated to the museum.
..........his father and uncle!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Yorkshire Post have an article today saying that one of the world's rarest football programmes is being put up for auction. The programme is for our game at Man Utd on Feb 8 1958 which was postponed following the Munich air disaster 2 days earlier. The seller who has owned the programme all his life kept it in a bedside cabinet for 65 years! The programme goes under the hammer next Friday at Hertfordshire auction house Hanson Ross and is expected to fetch £8, 000. I wonder if Tring would be interested?! Thinking about this I can fully believe that this programme has been kept safe all these years as my particularly treasured programmes are kept separately in the house and not with all the other accumulated Wolves stuff in the shed!
Just checked the auctioneer's website, the programme went for.....................................................................................£7,500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom