Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Football on 5

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see its still ****. A 50 minute programme for the champ and 20 minutes in they had covered two games.
And that **** is hosting just to make it worse.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Colin Murray is a good presenter, better on radio though. Also liked how quickly they showed the highlights without any of the *******s inbetween, goal celebration etc.

That's a plus, but 50 minutes is far too short for the amount of content they want to, and need to, fit in.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a plus, but 50 minutes is far too short for the amount of content they want to, and need to, fit in.

Agree with that, it's not like channel 5 have anything better to show.

Suppose it's for people who want to watch higlights of everyone, if you want extended highlight of your team these days you just use the internet.

E

Essex Wolf

I've noticed since yesterdays games the Wolves V Boro game gets a flighting glimpse at best whereas they have been banging on about Villa V Hull to the point of tedium. As for this programme, gave up watching it was so poor.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fastforward through most of it and just wanted to see the Wolves bit. The whole way they present it is shocking, i just want to watch the highlights yet for some reason those 2 presenters feel the need to talk through it. I wont watch it again. There was a program on Sky that showed all championship goals within 30 minutes.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy from pointless got more airtime on the show yesterday than several of the clubs. I really don't like Colin Murray and Micky Gray is no Gary Neville that's for sure. I hate when they talk over the highlights rather than play commentary!! Rubbish.

I hate that theme music too.

At least they had the good sense to sack off that oaf Adam Virgo however!!

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've noticed since yesterdays games the Wolves V Boro game gets a flighting glimpse at best whereas they have been banging on about Villa V Hull to the point of tedium. As for this programme, gave up watching it was so poor.
Well it presently suits me.
Stay under the radar and get in there and DESTROY!

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are irrelevant to them mate, if Boro had won they would of given it 5x more highlight time. If Terry had scored for Villa they would of talked about that for 10 minutes at least.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
It's worth watching, just to hear how Colin Murray pronounces "Woorrlves".

I do wonder whether they rush things to meet the 9pm broadcast time. The Football League Show on BBC was much better, even though it wasn't on til about 11:30pm.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't understand why they don't just copy MOTD's format with much longer highlights and a bit of analysis after every game, you'd imagine it's one of C5's more popular shows.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It's still not great but an improvement on last season. I like Murray as a presenter, a real football fan, and Micky Gray has improved as a pundit, everyone needs time to learn their trade. It's better with the two of them, rather than the two of three guests they had last season. That said it's still impossible to watch live because of all the adverts, it has to be recorded and fast forwarded. The BBC's football league show was much better when they had the rights.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with that, it's not like channel 5 have anything better to show.

Suppose it's for people who want to watch higlights of everyone, if you want extended highlight of your team these days you just use the internet.
Or do what I do and record it and then you can use the fast forward if there are matches you feel you can miss.;)
Ewok just seen your post as I wrote this one before continuing on to the next. I didn't realise anyone else would be as sad as me to actually do that.:D

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't know what the details of the contract are, but like local news on a Monday, I always get the impression they are paying per second of action so the coverage of the build up is limited and they cut it off as soon as the ball hits the back of the net. Then pad with a load of waffle to justify the cost for the length of the show.

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
Gazzetta Football Italia... That's the format...
Delay it until Sunday morning...decent theme tune, sit a knowledgeable and likeable presenter alone outside a coffee shop with a pile of early papers and run the highlights. No fancy graphics, no studio audience and contrived 'bantz', Finish with a look ahead to the midweek fixtures, goal of the month competition and a feature on a hot topic...done.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delay it until Sunday morning...decent theme tune, sit a knowledgeable and likeable presenter alone outside a coffee shop with a pile of early papers and run the highlights. No fancy graphics, no studio audience and contrived 'bantz', Finish with a look ahead to the midweek fixtures, goal of the month competition and a feature on a hot topic...done.

That was possibly the best football show I have ever seen. James Richardson was superb as host of that show and it is great to see him on various BT European football shows now.

The BBC football league was far superior to Channel 5 attempts. I keep expecting Michael Gray to turn into Superman as he dresses like Clark Kent !

K

Kingswinford Wolf

I loved that program and honestly think that format would be better than how it was the other day. I like Murray in all fairness but talking whist showing the highlights isn't great. I'd rather watch the highlights and then get their analysis like they do on MOTD.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Too much time spent trying to be funny, it's not live at the Apollo, I want to see football not two blokes trying to have a laugh and failing. The stood next to a tv as they have a natter during the 30 second highlights of games is just weird. Keep it simple, show us games and post match manager interviews, I couldn't careless what Mickey Gray has found out about a team during his 2 minute google search.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
I don't understand why they have tried to be quirkier than the MOTD format
the analysis is absolutely shocking - john terry being blamed for hull scoring a back post goal haha. Nobodys cares what the second rate pundits have to say about these games. I'm sure all champ fans would be happy with a decent amount of time on every game with commentary, no analysis if they're not going to do it properly.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One would guess you'd be all be chuffed if ITV got the highlights back, if BT and ITV's joint bid win the Rights Auction. A result due this week appreantly, with C4 & C5 up against them for the highlights and BT/ITV v Sky for the games. Would love U2's Beautiful Day to ring out across the screens again!

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching this and just like MOTD I can't stand post-game recorded commentary.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please, please, please let me get Wolves goals anywhere but channel 5

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota. FFS repeatedly called him Neves. The name is on his bloody shirt!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hahaha bloody hell that's terrible.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm struggling not to laugh. And she's done it again! :eek:

This woman commentating is bloody useless.

Certainly embarrassing, though she's probably reading out a script or using the research of others. She was reporting on multiple games (talking in past tense so not commentating) so reliant on others, no doubt.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not long enough is it? They should call it what it is a preview show that makes you want to search the internet for full highlights.

Back
Top Bottom