Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Football Manager 2019

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Anyone got the beta yet? I’ve just started a quick Wolves career. I’ll be restarting once the full game comes out. Match engine looks good. We’re £100M in debt though, which I’m not sure I like!!

Please report any bugs to: Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta Bugs Forum

Last edited:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've actually bought it this year, just got the beta on download.

Normally do a road to glory but might learn the game at Wolves on the beta first.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to do the badges and kits. Been exporting this file for over an hour now

Neves wolf

Reaction score
I will be doing my usual, getting it for Christmas so will start it in the new year. Will continue playing fm18 till then. Quite enjoying my save I'm on now

ManSolo

Reaction score
Not going to purchase this year's edition, holding on to 2020.
Got a long term Rushall Olympic save going.

Only Wolves and Walsall academy rejects making up my squad. Just got promoted to league 1
2 years in each division so far, going to be harder in League 1.

=O=

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another year another dilemma. Didn't buy last year's and think my FM days have now sailed, still get the odd yearning to see what a new version would be like, however that's soon replaced by knowing how slow and boring setting up a new game is, even when assigning most tasks to an ass man.
Would love this just to see how Wolves get on in the Prem.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
As per @Loojay 's request, here are the screenshots to some of our players. I'll be happy to provide anyone else.

Neves stats.PNG

Traore stats.PNG
Dendoncker stats.PNG

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've abandoned the 3 at the back and gone 4-2-4 it's working well. Costa is a really good False Nine.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Why does it say Boly won League Two with Wolves rather than the Championship?

It's an overlook on Sports Interactive's part. I've reported it to them, and it's already been corrected! :)

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Gonna be messing around with tactics and training until the full release of the game. For some reason, I can't get our wingers involved in the game, and Raul/Bonatini are nowhere near the ball. I also don't like that the real fixtures aren't in the game yet.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Full game out now! I'll be starting my save soon.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toto I have a feeling that we're not in Kansas anymore....

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has much changed from the Fm18?

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
So, as last year, I've deleted Nuno in-game with the editor, and I'm playing as him. Thankfully, this year, you can again add a manager picture, so Nuno's nice beard will be visible instead of the ugly avatar.

Nuno's welcome.PNG

Nuno's stats.PNG
Above are the stats I've decided to go with. I find the "mental" part of the game more helpful, since I always end up getting really good coaches to cover all areas. This year, with the new training set-up, your coaches will be assigned to different parts of training, so a good backroom staff will be really important.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Apparently the Premier League isn't licensed which is why the fixtures are randomized. I guess I'm used to the usual Wolves fixtures being in-game since we've been in the Championship for so long...

Fixtures.PNG
Fixtures pt 2 18-19.PNG

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
First things first, I got rid of some of the deadwood. Gareth Prosser, our Head of Youth Development, and John Marshall, our chief scout, had their contracts terminated. I’ll be bringing in a new scouting team, as well as some new coaches to go with the training that has been revamped.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
For better or worse?

Definitely for better. There's off the ball and transition tactics now. Training is broken into two or three daily sessions, with each session affecting a certain area of player's development.

AndyWolf

Reaction score
Just started to play it and so far I don't seem to be able to use a photo as the manager pic just that stupid photo fit creator and there's no club badge nor for most of the Premier League clubs.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just started to play it and so far I don't seem to be able to use a photo as the manager pic just that stupid photo fit creator and there's no club badge nor for most of the Premier League clubs.

You can easily fix that here.
FM 2019 Standard Logo Pack Update #1 | FM Scout
Not complex to install, instructions on that site also.

There's also a facepack that gives all players proper face pics, huge download mind. Adding the club badges really makes a difference though.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone got the beta yet? I’ve just started a quick Wolves career. I’ll be restarting once the full game comes out. Match engine looks good. We’re £100M in debt though, which I’m not sure I like!!

Please report any bugs to: Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta Bugs Forum

I fixed it in the in-game editor as I found it quite unrealistic, but how on earth can we ve 100m in debt??

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I fixed it in the in-game editor as I found it quite unrealistic, but how on earth can we ve 100m in debt??

I raised it up to Sports Interactive. They said part of it is because of our transfers this summer, and since Guo is set as our sugar daddy, it won't be a long-term problem.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I raised it up to Sports Interactive. They said part of it is because of our transfers this summer, and since Guo is set as our sugar daddy, it won't be a long-term problem.

In my game, within a few weeks of a new game starting, Wolves take out a huge bank loan to cover the debt. You end up paying back like 500k a month though, not cheap!

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
In my game, within a few weeks of a new game starting, Wolves take out a huge bank loan to cover the debt. You end up paying back like 500k a month though, not cheap!

That just happened in my game as well. £325k p/w.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
But that makes no sense at all. Seems like a hidden agenda.

Apparently it's the same with Crystal Palace and a few other Premier League teams. It's Sport Interactive's way of accounting for a team's summer activity, I suppose.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Done with pre-season:

Pre-season.PNG
Not exactly the hardest of tests, but everyone is fit and ready to play, and we sustained no injuries, except for Morgan Gibbs-White who was out for a couple of weeks.

Jimenez hasn't had the best pre-season. I hope he starts with a bang against West Ham.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Here is the main tactic I will be using:

Main formation.PNG

It works really well against the big teams, and is overall pretty solid. My only concern is our striker being really isolated, so I might switch the striker's role to a False 9.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score

This is the skin I used while creating Nuno as my avatar. It allows you to add a manager picture:

Neub Skin FM19 v1.1 | FM Scout

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, as last year, I've deleted Nuno in-game with the editor, and I'm playing as him. Thankfully, this year, you can again add a manager picture, so Nuno's nice beard will be visible instead of the ugly avatar.

View attachment 7623

View attachment 7622
Above are the stats I've decided to go with. I find the "mental" part of the game more helpful, since I always end up getting really good coaches to cover all areas. This year, with the new training set-up, your coaches will be assigned to different parts of training, so a good backroom staff will be really important.

I'd toyed with with the idea of editing him to become my assistant, but didn't feel comfortable being above him. So I think I'll move him to be my Director of Football!

Back
Top Bottom