Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fletcher

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fletcher has signed for Sheffield Wednesday today on a FOUR year deal. Good player when fit but his injury record the last few years has been awful!

Though if he stays fit you would have to fancy him for 20 goals a season in the championship

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wow - risky purchase given his injuries

great player on his day - problem is not that many days he is fit

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was made of glass when he played for us... Slightest fall and he'd be hobbling for 20 mins and doubtful for next game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like others have said, very injury prone but could be a bargain if he gets himself fit

B

Benson

Stat: 13 goals in 78 league games last 3 seasons.
Sounds like a has been and a bad signing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I think he'll be a top signing for Sheffield Wednesday. Brilliant for us and a class above anything else we had in the Premier League.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some short memories on here.

Obviously big IF regarding his injuries but if he plays he will score, as simple as that.

B

Benson

Cant see he has been much injured last couple of seasons. He has played week in week out but just cant score nowadays.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be great for them. They love a cross.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quality signing makes our recruitment team look a shambles.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just as much his attitude as it is fitness.

If he gets both right though he should do very well at this level.

R

Rauss

Surprised he's made the fall to the Championship, Would have thought a newly promoted club could have taken a punt on him. As many have said, if fit.. He'll score 15+ goals easy in this division.

D

Deleted member 4594

Best striker we've had in 30 years along with Bully and Keane.

B

Benson

Fletcher 2016 is not the same as Fletcher 2011.. The 2016 version is most likely expensive garbage.. There must be an explanation why he went to France and after just 6 months down to the Championship, and it has nothing to do with injuries. Look at the stats. Awful.
He wont score 5 goals before Christmas, will be out of favour and sold to some crap club in US in January. I can bet he wont score double figures in the Championship 2016/17.. but only one bet with first one who response - £5 stake. Anyone?

D

Deleted member 4594

Fletcher 2016 is not the same as Fletcher 2011.. The 2016 version is most likely expensive garbage.. There must be an explanation why he went to France and after just 6 months down to the Championship, and it has nothing to do with injuries. Look at the stats. Awful.
He wont score 5 goals before Christmas, will be out of favour and sold to some crap club in US in January. I can bet he wont score double figures in the Championship 2016/17.. but only one bet with first one who response - £5 stake. Anyone?

I'll take that bet. 5 goals by xmas.

B

Benson

I'll take that bet. 5 goals by xmas.

"Double figures during the season". Less than 10, I win. 10 or more, you win. ok?

or maybe more funny: 9 or less, I win. 11 or more, you win. Exactly 10 = Edgmond buy us both a pint.. haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3518

After the way he left couldn't give a $$$$ about him, be more than happy if he's injured all season.

W

wolverhamptongue

Not in same class as Bully or Keane either on or off the pitch.

Not sure I agree. Fletcher was certainly a better header of the ball than Bully or Keane, he looked PL class when he was here, no idea about what he was like off the pitch (neither have you, probably)

D

Deleted member 3518

Not sure I agree. Fletcher was certainly a better header of the ball than Bully or Keane, he looked PL class when he was here, no idea about what he was like off the pitch (neither have you, probably)

All down to opinions of course but don't think Fletcher was in the same class as Bully or Keane, in fact he wouldn't feature in the top 10 of strikers I've seen since supporting the Wolves.

in terms of off-field I refer to his disgusting attitude when he left.

W

wolverhamptongue

All down to opinions of course but don't think Fletcher was in the same class as Bully or Keane, in fact he wouldn't feature in the top 10 of strikers I've seen since supporting the Wolves.

Fair enough mate. Who are your top ten Wolves strikers that you have seen?

D

Deleted member 3518

Fair enough mate. Who are your top ten Wolves strikers that you have seen?

In date order (roughly)

Jimmy Murray
Ted Farmer
Ray Crawford
Hughie Mcilmoyle (best header)
The Doog
Hughie Curran (Another great header)
John Richards
Andy Gray
Steve Bull
Robbie Keane

Followed by Doyle and Fletcher.

Prepared to be shot down.

M

Mr Wolf

How many goals has he got the last 3 seasons, how many games has he played? It's like saying Jarvis will be the number 1 winger in this league. Awful attitude happy to pick up his money the last 3 seasons.

4 years is a long time in the game especially as an injured centre forward.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I liked Fletch. It left a sour taste when he left, obviously, but he'd proven in the two years with us he was a Premier League quality centre forward. I was surprised someone like Spurs/Everton never came in for him.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many goals has he got the last 3 seasons, how many games has he played? It's like saying Jarvis will be the number 1 winger in this league. Awful attitude happy to pick up his money the last 3 seasons.

4 years is a long time in the game especially as an injured centre forward.

Awful attitude is exactly why he hasnt achieved what he should. He certainly has the talent to play for a top side. Injuries havent helped him but i think he is driven by money.

Its a bit sad really when you look at it that out of the 45 million or so we spent in the premier league he was the only player who turned out to be any good.

D

Deleted member 4594

"Double figures during the season". Less than 10, I win. 10 or more, you win. ok?

or maybe more funny: 9 or less, I win. 11 or more, you win. Exactly 10 = Edgmond buy us both a pint.. haha.

Deal! :D

E

Essex Wolf

Good player and done well for Wolves but very injury prone.

Could be a top signing for Sheffield Wednesday but giving him a 4yr deal is a risk but one they were obviously happy to take.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

in terms of off-field I refer to his disgusting attitude when he left.

Didn't his head leave first ?

donwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good player and done well for Wolves but very injury prone.

Could be a top signing for Sheffield Wednesday but giving him a 4yr deal is a risk but one they were obviously happy to take.

Don't think it will bother them that much . Think they have a very rich Asian owner whose willing to spend. Think he is in the tinned fish game. Having watched them though, they are really short of height in midfield, which if they address think they could be top 2 next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom