Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fletcher To Albion

D

Dewsburywolf

£5.5 million? I think there's a 1 missing from the front of that. Not that I want it to be true & if he did leave it'd be for a team a lot higher up the table than them

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
April fool is a while of yet. If we don't go down Mourinho has agreed to be our new manager by the way.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at that site, loads of em are $$$$ing around. Don't take it seriously. Not gonna happen.

Reaction score
Worth at least 12 million anyway

8 tops. If you were to go down and he wanted to go you would have to take what you could get to be fair although he doesn't seem that kind of bloke. It's the agents in the players ear that is the problem.

S

Sharples

If Southampton can rip Arsenal off with unproven kids at £12 million a pop then we can get more than £8 million.

TC will keep us up as a total football side and fletcher will stay for one more season. Europe next season.... :vroam:

M

Mugwump

8 tops. If you were to go down and he wanted to go you would have to take what you could get to be fair although he doesn't seem that kind of bloke. It's the agents in the players ear that is the problem.

Ha ha ha ha ha 8 million. He is worth double that easy. Try watching him play for once.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fletch, Jarvis, Hen, Doyle at least will all leave if we go down. Fletch worth 7m, Doyle and Jarvo 5m each, Hen 3m. Nice round 20m for someone to play with.

M

Mugwump

Fletch is worth more than the 7 million we paid for him. He has scored goals in each of his seasons in the premier league and has improved as a player. I wouldnt sell him for less than 20 million personally. When tat like carroll go for 35 million fletch would easily be worth 20 million.

K

kingtom84

As I understand it, Fletch will still have 2 years left on his contract at the end of this season, with Wolves holding the option for a third.

Assuming our finances are what they're said to be i.e. stable, we have no reason to sell.

That isn't to say we won't.

Obviously, if we go down, players will leave, that's just the reality of relegation.

So if Fletch was determined to leave, we could hold out for the cost we believe is fair or make him stay and hope he gets us straight back up.

I would expect an absolute minimum of £10 million+ considering what we paid for him and his record for us in limited appearances.

I don't think Albion would pay that, so couldn't see him moving there.

Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha ha 8 million. He is worth double that easy. Try watching him play for once.

He may be worth that to you but not a buying club. If the club want to offload as Moxey will no doubt then you will get nowhere near that value and will be lucky to get 8.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coul;d be right Mugwump but he's not a £20m pound player yet. Scores goals, of course, but not a world class striker which 20m wouold suggest. Carrolls fee was ridiculously inflated because of the Torres deal.

R

robwolf

Fletch, Jarvis, Hen, Doyle at least will all leave if we go down. Fletch worth 7m, Doyle and Jarvo 5m each, Hen 3m. Nice round 20m for someone to play with.

The welsh number 1 keeper with 3 years prem league experience, a highlight reel if pretty awesome stops and only 25 you would sell for only 3mill:O absolutely no chance we'd let him go for that little unless his contract is running low. People can hate jez moxey as much as they want, but he proved when we went down last time with camara we wont be taken for mugs, wasnt it 1.5mill in loan fees alone.....

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may be worth that to you but not a buying club. If the club want to offload as Moxey will no doubt then you will get nowhere near that value and will be lucky to get 8.

Why don't you $$$$ off and concentrate on your own players??

M

Mugwump

We arent a selling club. Why would moxey want to sell our best player? We dont need the money and Fletch has shown no signs of unrest at Wolves. You really are clueless if you think we would be Lucky to get 8 million for a quality premier league goalscorer. If somebody wants to pry him from Wolves it will take big money.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In year 1 of relegation we wouldn't need to sell. That being said, Fletcher would be worth the most at the end of this season, rather than an additional year in the chumpionship.

But we SHOULDNT need to sell him.

M

Monkey Man

In year 1 of relegation we wouldn't need to sell. That being said, Fletcher would be worth the most at the end of this season, rather than an additional year in the chumpionship.

But we SHOULDNT need to sell him.

Agreed, I do think should we go down this will tell us exactly what ambition Morgan has.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn't underestimate Moxey's ability to squeeze as much money as he can out of a deal. I seem to remember Olofinjana deciding he wanted to go elsewhere and we thought nobody would be prepared to pay much for him, then Peter Coates turned up waving 3 million quid at us.

How we laughed.

Reaction score
I wouldn't underestimate Moxey's ability to squeeze as much money as he can out of a deal. I seem to remember Olofinjana deciding he wanted to go elsewhere and we thought nobody would be prepared to pay much for him, then Peter Coates turned up waving 3 million quid at us.

How we laughed.

Not as much as we did when he went to Hull for the same cash. :p

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fletcher is a 10-15 goal a season striker for a team at the bottom end of the table. Playing in a team in the top half he'd easily score 15-20 goals. At still only 24, a player like that has got to be worth 12-15M at the very least.

R

Ralphdog

Fletcher may not necessarily go. Good players of his age often state they need to leave to enhance their International career but it would seem that Fletcher isn't too bothered by that so as long as we look after him and none of the big boys come in for him, he may be happy to stay.

But its all rubbish cus we're staying up. Then we'll buy Long and put him on the bench.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5.5m your talking 4 times that amount. People are also forgetting his age, he looks about 35 but he's only 23/24.

He's far more than just a goal scorer and that is the difference between a 12-15m player and a 20-25m player with the exception of anyone Liverpool buy.

M

MonkeySpanner

Villa have no strikers appart from Bent so I would expect them to be defiantly interested should he want to go.

In the right team I could easily see Fletcher scoring 20+ goals a season.

W

wolfyjoe

5.5 million? hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I wouldn't accept less than 20 and i wouldn't let him go to WBA for any money.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were to go down do our players routinely have clauses in their contracts that they can go if relegated or if in the CCC their wages are reduced? I wonder because Newcastle kept the bulk of their side when relegated and WHU have kept hold of some decent players this season and I'm sure Albion when they went down did not have a wholesale clearout?

S

Sandwell Wolf

Why you even on our board?

$$$$ off back to Stoke you clayhead $$$$.

Back
Top Bottom