Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Financials & Futures

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fellow fans,
Forgive for my ignorance, but could someone advise if we would be financially better off, in terms of a trading company, with the relegation parachute payment and immediate promotion or the continued money and term 2 income of 17th place?:stupido3:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just thinking about money when I saw this thread. Those of you who have some kind of handle on our finances can I ask a few questions, assuming we stay up and accepting that there is some guesswork involved here.
1. How much is in the transfer kitty today?
2. How much will we make from Sky by staying up (say in 17th) + other Sky summer payts?
3. How much trading profit(if anything) will we make between now and season's end?
4. Adding 1 - 3 (plus anything I,ve forgotten)how much would be available for incoming transfers in the summer?
I think it could be a reasonable sum so one has to hope we may then see other Doyle- type signings?

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perspective on the financials, I think, is crucial here to dilute the disappointment of this window's activity (or more accurately lack of deals; I'm sure many were attempted). I don't know the answers to the specific questions you ask but there's no doubt the west is / has been in severe and rapid recession Obama has just cancelled a major NASA project FFS); football has almost eaten itself with Murdoch-inspired (not that it needed much encouragement) greed and all transfers levels in the 'Ship have been well below previous norms.
Let us not forget either that our beloved club once had bailiffs padlocking the ground and were it not for the council (I think, I stand to be corrected on this) buying the ground Wolverhampton Wanderers FC - founder members of THE league would have vanished.
Perhaps, the experience of this club and the development of the money monster league to its current precarious position. has a hidden gift for us?
Yours, clutching at straws, SE10

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just thinking about money when I saw this thread. Those of you who have some kind of handle on our finances can I ask a few questions, assuming we stay up and accepting that there is some guesswork involved here.
1. How much is in the transfer kitty today?
2. How much will we make from Sky by staying up (say in 17th) + other Sky summer payts?
3. How much trading profit(if anything) will we make between now and season's end?
4. Adding 1 - 3 (plus anything I,ve forgotten)how much would be available for incoming transfers in the summer?
I think it could be a reasonable sum so one has to hope we may then see other Doyle- type signings?

At a very patchy guesswork level I would estimate that a season in the prem is worth a good 15-20m more than one in the champ with parachute payments.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People who know alot more about money matters than me say that football tends to work outside of 'normal' monetary standards, though Potsmouth clearly show that clubs who take stupid financial risks get hurt. That being so I would still expect Wolves to have a sizeable pot to spend in the summer?

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People who know alot more about money matters than me say that football tends to work outside of 'normal' monetary standards, though Potsmouth clearly show that clubs who take stupid financial risks get hurt. That being so I would still expect Wolves to have a sizeable pot to spend in the summer?

The problem is that is is very hard to forecast your revenues even 12 months ahead. If you then take a prudent view and assume relegation and therefore diminished income then that will accordingly reduce your investment ability. Most other businesses are at least a bit more predictable in the immediate short term.

S

SaleWolf

Great, we're financially secure. Moxey will still get £500k a year and us fans will pay some of the most expensive ticket prices in the country.

I'm well please with our efforts. Pay a fortune to watch unambitious dross.

Thanks fatty, Tinhead, Scouse $$$$.

Back
Top Bottom