Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Filling a £50m FFP hole

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We have had 5 years of Premier League money .
As such we should start with a team far better than Forest, Sheffield, Burnley, Brentford, Fulham , Bournemouth and Luton
Unless we have been mismanaged .
Did well to finish above Leicester Southampton and Everton West Ham in that case as all have had more premier league money than us
Everton should win the league they have been in the premier league longest i think.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did well to finish above Leicester Southampton and Everton West Ham in that case as all have had more premier league money than us
Everton should win the league they have been in the premier league longest i think.
Agreed - You have hit the nail on the head - Everton, Southampton and West Ham should have finished above us .
So IMO they have been mismanaged

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think from what we can see at the moment Fosun are putting in as much money as they can. That might have changed in this window, but all the several discussions on here seem to conclude that we're overshooting the £105m limit if we don't get some back this window. So I don't think there are grounds to complain yet. Then of course you have to consider if it's reasonable to expect an investment company from the other side of the planet trying to make a profit to chuck away £35m a season to keep us happy. So I might moan if they waste their money, but let's not forget the years of misery we had before they arrived.
100%.

We have absolutely no grounds to complain.

For what it's worth, I honestly believe that Fosun believed they could get us to compete at the top end of the Prem... and we did for two seasons. And then reality dawned and just exactly how much money it would take to stay at that level and "instant success."

Not surprisingly, they have realised it is unsustainable for a club of our size. We have to grow first in a natural way and then we maybe able to take another shot.

Fosun aren't going to let us get relegated as that would harm their overall objective but we can expect difficult seasons for the next two to three years at least.

We cannot throw huge sums of money at one player but the fact we have been able to buy a few 30M players shows it is light and day from where we started with our owners to present day. As they have always said, we have to do it differently and be smarter.

Back
Top Bottom