Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FEEDBACK - The Reasons given by 172 Molmix posters who do not want to see 'Taking the knee'

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reanswolf

Although this is yet another poll, that has now moved to the Political sub-section, I hope it remains here at least for one night, so those who contributed whislt it was on the main forum can see the results, and everyone gets to understand reasons given by 172 who responded on this poll, from the 50% of those who responded negatively in the original poll.

Of course people may rightly point out that it requires people to be honest, which is very true - there is no way around this in any poll. But that is why I chose the option to obscure posters identity. To encourage openness. There are always pro's and cons.

Also, did I highlight all the reasons? I tried to, based on the existing arguments highlighted, but a valid criticism is that it is still my perception. Again, its not full-proof. What about people admitting to be racist? I think that is covered in the 2nd option, though it doesn't automatically mean they are racist. I am sure some black people do not like white people.

I allowed people to select multi-choices, because if they were like me, there was more than one reason they were against it. Personally, I chose the last 4 reasons of the 6.

Anyway, these are the results why people were opposed to 'Taking the knee': -

61 (35%) of the 172 responders said they did not want to support 'Taking the Knee' because: - 'I associate taking the knee with BLM and I don't like a part of what they stand for'.

5 (2.9%) of the 172 responders
said they did not want to support 'Taking the Knee' because - 'I do not like people of BME background'

57 (33%) of the 172 responders
said they did not want to support 'Taking the Knee' because - 'I do not want to see what I perceive as political/social issues in football'

50 (29%) of the 172 responders
said they did not want to support ' Taking the Knee' because - 'I am tired of the campaign - its got too much and gone on too long'

55 (32%) of the 172 responders
said they did not want to support 'Taking the Knee' because - 'I think it is having a divisive effect on UK society'

71 (41%) of the 172 responders
said they did not want to support 'Taking the Knee' because - 'I think its just empty rhetoric and having no positive effect'

So I hope people accept that people can have genuine reasons why they don't support taking the knee. And it doesn't make them racists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom