Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Feed our Pack

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An obvious PR stunt to counter the "Nuno out" trend taking root in the most retarded portion of our fanbase.

Nonetheless a very useful initiative considering an increasing number of local communities seriously need help given the current context.
An obvious post by a keyboard warrior looking for some attention.....well you've got mine.....**** Off.....

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
An obvious PR stunt to counter the "Nuno out" trend taking root in the most retarded portion of our fanbase.

Nonetheless a very useful initiative considering an increasing number of local communities seriously need help given the current context.

Also, Nuno spoke about doing something in reaction to the pandemic back in June 2020.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"“Our society needs us, and we need to realise that this pandemic caused so many problems in society. Now we face poverty, now we face people that cannot feed themselves and it’s up to us to act.”"

From this June 2020 interview.

Well, he's certainly acted!

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since I first read about this last night I've tried about half a dozen times to find a reply to it and totally failed. Trust me, I'm not usually lost for words!

I think that the thing that struck me the most was the fact that he felt he needed to give something back to the City for what he felt it had given him; it was almost as if he felt he was in debt to the city and its people despite giving us four years of almost uninterrupted joy and pride... almost as if the football wasn't really the thing that counted but rather the human, personal attachments that he had made.

Humble as ****; he just gets it.

Thanks Nuno.

I think I might be able to put a bit of 'extra' to this on Nuno's approach to this and how he feels he owes us. From personal experience of working/living in other cultures/countries etc etc. It is of course just a subjective observation.

Some years ago I spent quite a lot of time in Poland. Particularly, but not exclusively, around Kracow. Now I have spent time in Paris and other parts of France, Berlin and other parts of Germany and in the Netherlands. There are other destinations but that'll do for this purpose. Nowhere did I feel I was treated with humble respect and no bull**** welcoming than I did when in Poland. That is to to say I knew the welcome was genuine and not just lip service to a visitor. I was made to feel like a Pole in Poland. I have had the fondest of memories of the nation since and in another life would have been happy living there, even though the standard of living is not that of the UK.

When we find ourselves in different cultural settings. as Nuno has done, it isn't always easy to either know if it will all fit together or if we might make success of any such excercises. Nuno strikes me as having those 'human failings' if I might put it that way. Rather than the many brash. gobby and arrogant *******s that today pass as football coaches, he isn't. He has misgivings in his own ability and the support and respect (apart form the usual football fan kneejerkism and know all attitudes to picking sides) he has been given by Wolverhampton and its inhabitants has helped him. Hence he feels at home. He also seems to know that parts of Wolverhampton have much social deprivation. As I did in Poland where I still saw horses and ploughs used in farming just twenty years or so ago.

Now I will always be from Wolverhampton, England, and Nuno will always be Portuguese, but that doesn't stop either of us feeling there might be another 'home' elsewhere.

Nearer home and in Welsh speaking North Wales I had similar experiences when I worked there.

I will always remember that in Poland I was invited into peoples homes whose incomes/lifestyles like my own were a thing of fairlyland. Like wise there is huge poverty in some of those small Welsh speaking communities and I get back to Wales more often than Poland nowadays but always feel I am, in a sense. 'going home' to my other one.

I think we all should remember that although football is a game to be won every time. football is much more than that and when we seem to have somebody that really 'gets it' we need to embrace them. regardless of whether he ****s up substitutions now and again. or can't see the need for a mobile midfield player and has 'taken us as far as he can'. Join the ****ing circus again and appoint some arrogant ******* who's 'play the game'.

He is also good enough on the football side of things to get it right.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This.

To be fair Liverpool's Supporters Trust (along with their Everton counterparts) have for a long time been involved in foot poverty in and around their city.

The type of things our supporters trust hopefully gets involved with once its up and running

Not saying they haven't,As Nuno would say.Let's look after our own.THE PACK.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You cannot divorce this action from him as a manager.
What makes him a great manager is his personality.
This desire to help shows his ability to think deeply about matters and why he will turn things around . Because of his intelligence.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying they haven't,As Nuno would say.Let's look after our own.THE PACK.
No I know you wasn't pal, was agreeing with you just pointing that out to use as an example of things I'm hoping the supporters trust can get involved in (going off topic a bit, my usual trait ha)

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An amazing person and a superb manager who's having a tough time both with work and family issues.
He will sort it... Legend

Arthur

Reaction score
Ok my apologies as it seems my post wasnt clear.

It's obvious Nuno has a very special bond with our city. So does his backroom staff, Rui Pedro Silva was mentioning all the praise he was given by his son's teacher at a local school.

Of course Nuno is an incredible manager, different from the rest in terms of passion and commitment, and is eager to help local communities.

However as someone mentionned i'm sure this is the kind of actions he'd rather keep lowkey. Sharing the donation amount, all the press releases on major news outlets about this foundation IS a PR exercise to increase Nuno's popularity at a time where an increasing proportion of our fanbase started challenging him, for the first time in his tenure.

Not taking a dig at anyone, same applies to Rashford and all other similar charities / foundations. That's the way modern communication works.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can just see it now.Wolves started a go fund ,to help feed and educate the people and children of Wolverhampton.Liverpool have followed suit and in 2 days are now top of the table. Not for me.Let them use their own initiatives.Sorry to **** on ya chips.
Fair enough. I must admit to having been completely blown away by the films and just wanting to share it with the footballing world. After a couple of hours I just still feel proud. And reading the post by Big Nosed Wolf was pretty damn special too. You're right, this is for Wolverhampton by people who live in and love the city and by those of us who, through allegiance formed God knows why at very young ages, have a lifetime of memories through what is a very special connection too.
Very proud to be a Wolves fan.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

It's obvious Nuno has a very special bond with our city. So does his backroom staff, Rui Pedro Silva was mentioning all the praise he was given by his son's teacher at a local school.

Of course Nuno is an incredible manager, different from the rest in terms of passion and commitment, and is eager to help local communities.

However as someone mentionned i'm sure this is the kind of actions he'd rather keep lowkey. Sharing the donation amount, all the press releases on major news outlets about this foundation IS a PR exercise to increase Nuno's popularity at a time where an increasing proportion of our fanbase started challenging him, for the first time in his tenure.

Not taking a dig at anyone, same applies to Rashford and all other similar charities / foundations. That's the way modern communication works.
Better, but still very unfair I think. Nuno wouldn't do anything like this with his own benefit in mind.
If sharing the amount is a PR exercise, £25,000 would have had a similar effect.
I don't think for one moment that Rashford is either.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

You've still got it totally wrong. Have you even listened to the words Nuno is saying? I think he was one of the main instigators of the project. He has been uncomfortable with the situation in the world and specifically Wolverhampton. This has been clear in the many times he has mentioned it previously in press conferences and TV interviews, prior to Feed the Pack being launched. He gets it and he feels it. Do you think the interview he gave about the project (shared earlier in the thread) was written by someone in PR for him? It was totally from his heart and he didn't even mention his specific donation. I really think you've got this wrong and been cynical where cynicism is not needed. It's a magnificent gesture that you have sullied and that is why you have received many angry responses.

Arthur

Reaction score
You've still got it totally wrong. Have you even listened to the words Nuno is saying? I think he was one of the main instigators of the project. He has been uncomfortable with the situation in the world and specifically Wolverhampton. This has been clear in the many times he has mentioned it previously in press conferences and TV interviews, prior to Feed the Pack being launched. He gets it and he feels it. Do you think the interview he gave about the project (shared earlier in the thread) was written by someone in PR for him? It was totally from his heart and he didn't even mention his specific donation. I really think you've got this wrong and been cynical where cynicism is not needed. It's a magnificent gesture that you have sullied and that is why you have received many angry responses.

I'm not talking about the gesture, i'm talking about the way it's been advertised

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fantastic gesture from a genuine class act.

I said it on another thread a few weeks ago the "has nuno taken us as far as he can"...... he goes above being a manager. He has brought a real identity back to the club, he's emotionally brought into the players and the region and he has created the pack. He understands us as fans (many managers havent). A true pack looks after one another, helps them out in times of need and sticks together through good times and bad.

Nuno is the leader of our pack and nothing makes me prouder to say that.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the football aspect (although I am firmly and resolutely Nuno in and likely always will be) - the man exudes class, a true man of honour and a gentleman.

In a ‘sport’ full of liars, con-artists, sleazy agents, millionaire morons and despicable greed and excess, he is an absolute shining light and a true credit to the club.

I hope people like him never leave and when he steps down as manager he’s on the board.

People like Nuno, Coady, Moutinho... they need to be part of Wolves forever in some form. They are quality people, with dignity and honour. Rare enough these days, espeacilly in the cess-pit of modern football.

Thank you Nuno.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why dont you just keep away from the bloody keyboard rather than keep making yourself sound like a right tit ?

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You are wrong. Let's leave it at that.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or for rational thinkers, might it be that a high profile sponsor will draw publicity and attention to the initiative and benefit the cause...!?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I deleted my original response as l didn't want to get into a row on this thread. Let's just say that there are those that do and those who cynically go on about what those other folk do and their motivation for doing it. What useful have you done for other people lately?

Last edited:

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been a class act from the moment he walked in door. What he's done now though is absolutely off the scale. True empathy for the people of Wolverhampton.

I'm not from Wolverhampton, nor is my family but it's the city that my football team are from. They are my connection to a place that I hold so dear to my heart. It's been a huge part of my life, a place where I've experienced some of the greatest moments of my life and have some of my fondest memories of. Nuno making the gesture that he has made me shed a tear or two.

Very very proud of Nuno and the club.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can still **** off! ****!

R

reanswolf

He's been a class act from the moment he walked in door. What he's done now though is absolutely off the scale. True empathy for the people of Wolverhampton.

I'm not from Wolverhampton, nor is my family but it's the city that my football team are from. They are my connection to a place that I hold so dear to my heart. It's been a huge part of my life, a place where I've experienced some of the greatest moments of my life and have some of my fondest memories of. Nuno making the gesture that he has made me shed a tear or two.

Very very proud of Nuno and the club.
Sums it up perfectly Sheriff

The fact that a modern-day football manager from another Country has done this is quite incredible.

The day he leaves our club, and he inevitably will do at some point, will be a day of mourning for me and I expect for many Wolves fans.

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
Incredible gesture, I doff my cap to you sir. Give the man the freedom of the city if he doesn’t already have it.
It’s refreshing to see compassion and kindness in unscrupulous times.

...doesn’t mean a get out of jail free card from me when we next play rubbish though lol

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well my post got deleted because it was a bit strong against a certain poster so just for the record I totally agree with nunos stance on this subject and really hope all that can get behind it do.

Blast tyrant

Reaction score

I think you need to put your shovel down as you’re just digging a deeper hole

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I might be able to put a bit of 'extra' to this on Nuno's approach to this and how he feels he owes us. From personal experience of working/living in other cultures/countries etc etc. It is of course just a subjective observation.

Some years ago I spent quite a lot of time in Poland. Particularly, but not exclusively, around Kracow. Now I have spent time in Paris and other parts of France, Berlin and other parts of Germany and in the Netherlands. There are other destinations but that'll do for this purpose. Nowhere did I feel I was treated with humble respect and no bull**** welcoming than I did when in Poland. That is to to say I knew the welcome was genuine and not just lip service to a visitor. I was made to feel like a Pole in Poland. I have had the fondest of memories of the nation since and in another life would have been happy living there, even though the standard of living is not that of the UK.

When we find ourselves in different cultural settings. as Nuno has done, it isn't always easy to either know if it will all fit together or if we might make success of any such excercises. Nuno strikes me as having those 'human failings' if I might put it that way. Rather than the many brash. gobby and arrogant *******s that today pass as football coaches, he isn't. He has misgivings in his own ability and the support and respect (apart form the usual football fan kneejerkism and know all attitudes to picking sides) he has been given by Wolverhampton and its inhabitants has helped him. Hence he feels at home. He also seems to know that parts of Wolverhampton have much social deprivation. As I did in Poland where I still saw horses and ploughs used in farming just twenty years or so ago.

Now I will always be from Wolverhampton, England, and Nuno will always be Portuguese, but that doesn't stop either of us feeling there might be another 'home' elsewhere.

Nearer home and in Welsh speaking North Wales I had similar experiences when I worked there.

I will always remember that in Poland I was invited into peoples homes whose incomes/lifestyles like my own were a thing of fairlyland. Like wise there is huge poverty in some of those small Welsh speaking communities and I get back to Wales more often than Poland nowadays but always feel I am, in a sense. 'going home' to my other one.

I think we all should remember that although football is a game to be won every time. football is much more than that and when we seem to have somebody that really 'gets it' we need to embrace them. regardless of whether he ****s up substitutions now and again. or can't see the need for a mobile midfield player and has 'taken us as far as he can'. Join the ****ing circus again and appoint some arrogant ******* who's 'play the game'.

He is also good enough on the football side of things to get it right.
Thank you for taking the time to relate your insightful experiences, it’s much appreciated and makes a hell of a lot of sense if one overlays your experiences on Nuno’s situation.

Back
Top Bottom