Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Favourite Away Ground

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm off to The Emirates on Sunday. Just like to know what is your favourite away ground.
Mine happens to be The Emirates.
Just ONE! choice there doesn't have to be a particular reason.

Howlin’ Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The old White Hart Lane. Was looking forward to the new one too, still a nightmare to get to though.

AberWolf

Reaction score
Emirates is easily the most impressive. For atmosphere I used to love Ninian Park.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Lane for me, sadly no more.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Preston is good, usually get a decent allocation and the butter pie is amazing! I quite like Forest too because we've not lost whenever I've been.

Not a fan of the big grounds, not much atmosphere.

CVWolves

Reaction score
The City Ground (Forest) - Proper ground, and I love it as an away day.

W

WasStefan

Bristol City away a few years back was class, proper away end and proper banter with the home fans, who were loud until we spanked them

As for the Emirates, beautiful ground, **** atmosphere i would imagine

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest is up there for me. Good away end in the right place around the goal, can make a lot of noise, tremendous boozers pre-match.

First time at the Emirates for me this weekend.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much to my surprise, I really liked the New Den. Friendliest, most helpful stewards I've ever encountered as an away fan.

R

reanswolf

Goodison Park may be outdated and a dump all around it, but the blue just hit me when I went there.

Etihad is pretty good too, especially with 6300 Wolves fans singing.

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Preston and I have a soft spot for the Millinium stadium

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Forest and Fulham (in the Summer).

For some reason, I always enjoyed Notts County too. Particularly in the Steve Cherry era...

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how most of us like a ground that's probably cost about £10m, built in stages over 50+ years as opposed to the mega 60k soccerdromes that cost 400m!

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goodison Park may be outdated and a dump all around it, but the blue just hit me when I went there.

Etihad is pretty good too, especially with 6300 Wolves fans singing.
Wooden seats too like the old Waterloo rd.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I'm off to The Emirates on Sunday. Just like to know what is your favourite away ground.
Mine happens to be The Emirates.
Just ONE! choice there doesn't have to be a particular reason.
See you there

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anfield. Great city to drink in ... especially after we’ve beat them in the cup :D

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest always a great day out, emirates nice n shiny but no soul.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Some of the grounds in League 1 were fun. Who remembers Leyton Orient on Easter Monday? Got there and my seat was a piece of plastic nailed to a wooden bench lol

R

reanswolf

Was it Halifax you had to pay about 10p to move from one part of the ground to the next?

D

Deleted member 3518

Was it Halifax you had to pay about 10p to move from one part of the ground to the next?

Back in the early 60's there were turnstiles in the North Bank, North Bank Arsenal and other grounds where you could pay to move from behind the goal into the enclosure.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like many on here I go for the old, small, traditional football grounds in old footballing towns, fans near the pitch, intimidating atmosphere and loads of banter. I grew up watching my football at Griffin Park (usually Divs 3 and 4!) with my brother and perhaps because of that I love to go there. Football is often about memories and nowhere recreates for me the early 60s football atmosphere more than Griffin Park - dark, dank mid-week evenings, 4 pylon flood lights on high, mud-clogged pitch, 22 journey-men whacking the ball from end to end, the red of the Bees, cigarette smoke, moaning fans (perhaps no more than 3 or 4 thousand), a few rain-soaked away supporters in the open end. It couldn't get more **** but boy, golden memories that live with me still.

Back
Top Bottom