Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fans running on the pitch to celebrate a goal?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just dont understand it. From our perspective yesterday the goals were amazing to celebrate, but why do so many fans (of all clubs) run on the pitch to celebrate a goal? Surely you know full well you will be ejected, possibly arrested, and even face a ban (on top of missing the rest of the current game). You even see it in League One and Two games, fans jumping over the hoardings to celebrate the goal with the players only for a steward to grab them.

maybe im old fashioned! I fail to see how fans that do this have no regard for the consequences they will suffer? Go ballistic in the seats, its just as much fun and you wont get yourself, or your club, in bother!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just dont understand it. From our perspective yesterday the goals were amazing to celebrate, but why do so many fans (of all clubs) run on the pitch to celebrate a goal? Surely you know full well you will be ejected, possibly arrested, and even face a ban (on top of missing the rest of the current game). You even see it in League One and Two games, fans jumping over the hoardings to celebrate the goal with the players only for a steward to grab them.

maybe im old fashioned! I fail to see how fans that do this have no regard for the consequences they will suffer? Go ballistic in the seats, its just as much fun and you wont get yourself, or your club, in bother!
Honestly, just enjoy your day!

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Booze and adrenaline. It’s more embarrassing when your own teams players call you out on it, liked they’d be buzzin some strangers running at them on the pitch.

No one got hurt, I think a few hours in a cell is punishment enough. Wolves ay we.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You might as well stop the players celebrating as well then!

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think in a weird way it does enhance the atmosphere but im with the OP in that i don't get why you would do it given the obvious punishment. In a weird way we can class them as martyrs :D

Last edited:

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might as well stop the players celebrating as well then!
? Im referring to fans running on the pitch to celebrate knowing your punishment could be being arrested. Like mentioned above, maybe booze is the reason.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

? Im referring to fans running on the pitch to celebrate knowing your punishment could be being arrested. Like mentioned above, maybe booze is the reason.
I suspect 100% that any away fan running onto pitch has had an alcoholic drink

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The kid who must have been about 12 yesterday made me laugh, the stewards obviously wanted to carry him off but then realised they'd be stuck with an unaccompanied minor and let him back into the crowd.

Stupid, but was a bit emotional yesterday!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The euphoria of scoring a winning goal with the last kick of a local derby after being 2-0 behind with 10 minutes left would justify just a bit of excitement though.

The players would have jumped in amongst the supporters if they could as well. No booze to blame for them, just sheer joy.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
I've done some really stupid things in my life time. Fortunately I've managed to turn my life around for the most part. Never though have I felt the urge to go on to a football pitch during a goal celebration. This makes me conclude it truly takes a special kind of idiot to do it.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not like it happens all the time. When you win like that, you go more mental than usual.

There's a video going round where Raul is tapping the lads who are arrested on the floor, Podence shared a picture with the two fans in it and Adama gave the chap a hug who ran to him, so I reckon they liked it in those circumstances, obviously can't do it on just any goal.

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It might have helped a few fans that there were Wolves stewards mixed in with the Villa ones.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see any issues with it in circumstances like that!

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s just one of those things, sometimes it’s uncontrollable - just like grabbing and hugging someone you don’t know when one of those type of goals/circumstances happen. A few seconds of uncontrollable joy.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It was probably the unadulterated joy of ramming the “2-0 on your big day out “ chant right down their throats.
I always wonder what sort of people choose to buy the seats right next to the away fans. Obviously absolutely loving dishing it out when they were winning but couldn't get out of the ground fast enough at the end.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Yeah, technically you shouldn't do it... But in the over sanitised world of modern football, it's quite refreshing in a way. As long as they were only going on to celebrate with our players and not incite the home fans it's fairly harmless. A slap on the wrist should suffice.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit hard to be critical as I've done it myself on a few occasions..... Sheff utd away when Simon Osborn scored the free kick in the last minute, was in with the sheff fans, jumped up and had to run on the pitch to get away from em........ Derby away promotion when keogh scored, again ran on the pitch, funny think was I was in the disabled section of wolves fans as it was the only way I could get a ticket......and a few more occasions especially at home. And yes it usually involved a few beers.......
These days though fans are risking losing there loyalty ticket advantages for a moment of exuberance.... In the old days you just got kicked out..... Mind you when they kicked me out at Sheffield utd after a ticking off, the police were laughing as they kept the wolves fans in, did me no favours as I had to run the gauntlet with there fans again.......... Learnt me lesson good n proper......

Last edited:

YamYamWolf

Reaction score
In these sort of circumstances surely it could be forgiven. Pure joy, local derby, plenty of booze. It just added to the whole scenes.

Go and watch footage of the spartak trvana v Bratislava game from today. Nothing like that happened. No one got hurt.

WinchWolf

Reaction score
There were about 3 pitch invasions in the mad 6-4 game against rotherham, we were a bit worried that the ref was going to abandon the game.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There were about 3 pitch invasions in the mad 6-4 game against rotherham, we were a bit worried that the ref was going to abandon the game.
The guy who ran on first, after Dicko’s 3rd goal I think, received a long ban for his troubles.

W

WasStefan

Speak for yourself. Pitch invasion after relegation to League 1 is the highlight of my Wolves supporting life. You can’t buy that sort of apathy these days

Back
Top Bottom