Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fans Parliament - Rebrand

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is short notice and I don't think I have seen it mentioned but tomorrow evening there is a "Steering Group Meeting" held by a proportion of attendees (25 out of about 60) to debate whether the FP is fit for purpose, a club rep will be there and David Instone to take minutes. Are any of the reps or other mix members going ?
We only had two FP meetings this season and they may not be the ownerships cup of tea (Personal view) but I could do with your input.
Has anyone got any views on whether the Fans Parliament should change its name, what should its short term and long term objectives be ?
I think some fan dialogue with the club is important if not vital but I don't know what agenda the people who have called the meeting , are on ?
Some of the discussion articles are, social media and supporter communication, who forms the FP what turnaround , how representative are they etc.
I can feed back to the forum IF the reps aren't able to attend.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY VIEWS /POINTS TO RAISE ?

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

It was necessary in the dark days however these days it's not so as everything seems more open and transparent. Might be worth having something similar to a steering group that was maybe less formal but was a link between fans and the owner's?

W

WasStefan

It is 100% needed regardless of what it is called.

2/3 times per season is more than adequate. Beginning, middle and end.

Definitely need a more diverse group from what i have seen. More youngsters, females and south bankers. It all seems white old man Billy Wright stand demopgrahic if i'm honest.

D

Deleted member 3518

It was necessary in the dark days however these days it's not so as everything seems more open and transparent. Might be worth having something similar to a steering group that was maybe less formal but was a link between fans and the owner's?

Easy to be open and transparent when successful and fanbase on board, hopefully this will long continue, but surely we need something to allow the fans to challenge in place, however insignificant it maybe?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope it stays in this format but I can see why some, including the owners, might think it just lip service and a lot of effort for not much return

However it's an important to keep those in power held to account. If things took a nosedive and lovely cuddly Uncle Jorge suddenly started cashing in on our assets, there would need to be an outlet for the fans to meet the club face to face - otherwise it's just bedsheets and spraypaint in the South Bank

Hard to believe I know right now, but there have been false horizons before at our beloved club.....

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Think it's a great way for the fans to pass their thoughts up to the club, doubt much really goes the other way.

W

Will Wolf

I think it's important that the FP continues, perhaps two or three meetings per year, to hold decision makers to account.

Some issues to raise -

Ideas for pricing to keep tickets/ST affordable

Plans for stadium expansion/development

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd very much like the FP to continue.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I get the impression its a bit of a show. The club sends rep's they can't divulge too much so everything is very sanitised, the Fans Reps turn up and with some notable exceptions it's a load of old guys not willing to challenge anything because they love their status and don't want to lose it.

What does it really achieve? Was it consulted about ticket pricing? Was the new strip designs demo'd to glean reaction? Has it been consulted about the stadium development? Has it been asked how there can be a more representative FP? Is there a customer focus group for merchandising? What input did it have in the end of season celebrations?

Now if there were some proper initiatives like these with tangible outcomes where joint working groups got more involved then maybe it's worth doing. But as a glorified Q&A session it achieves nothing in reality. Needs a new impetus.

B

Benb05

It is 100% needed regardless of what it is called.

2/3 times per season is more than adequate. Beginning, middle and end.

Definitely need a more diverse group from what i have seen. More youngsters, females and south bankers. It all seems white old man Billy Wright stand demopgrahic if i'm honest.
I wouldn't mind getting involved if i had the chance.... Under 30, south bank and live outside of Wolverhampton

D

Deleted member 5242

I get the impression its a bit of a show. The club sends rep's they can't divulge too much so everything is very sanitised, the Fans Reps turn up and with some notable exceptions it's a load of old guys not willing to challenge anything because they love their status and don't want to lose it.

What does it really achieve? Was it consulted about ticket pricing? Was the new strip designs demo'd to glean reaction? Has it been consulted about the stadium development? Has it been asked how there can be a more representative FP? Is there a customer focus group for merchandising? What input did it have in the end of season celebrations?

Now if there were some proper initiatives like these with tangible outcomes where joint working groups got more involved then maybe it's worth doing. But as a glorified Q&A session it achieves nothing in reality. Needs a new impetus.

I second this. Top post

It's outdated, relies on individuals and has little to no real affect other than to appease a few.

W

we8wba

Sceptical

I think it’s a good function just nowadays bit rehash of previous things answered

Lot people sit on parliament don’t speak up enough in tough times in worrying about losing their position

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve had the surveys before and I suppose they serve a purpose, I don’t know how much action was taken off the back of them. I still think some type of club/fans rep meeting is a good thing though, I’m not sure they can be consulted on management decisions too much, but at least it’s somewhere to air concerns.

S

ShropshireLad

As long as the reps are in a position to disseminate the info to much larger groups (as a rep can do to a forum or to a supporters club) then it's a good thing imo that the FP should continue a couple of times a season and I think the reps should be voted for each season or two.

I have been a member of The Wolf forum for many years and they had one rep but he stopped posting years ago and no other rep has ever been selected. It seems to me to be unfair If he still goes to meetings.

S

ShropshireLad

i cringe when i see the questions people put for the rep to ask, a lot of it is embarrassing

i dont care either way if it goes on or not
I know what you mean TWM but the rep can filter the wheat from the chaff.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I like the parliament, think it's a good way for us fans to feel like we have a say. I've only ever really asked for one thing to be brought up, and it got asked, so I think the reps do a good job. I think it's difficult for the club to really get fans opinions on things, you've only gotta look on here when stuff gets announced, to see the extreme reactions of people! So I guess really a small group of supporters is better than kinda getting thousands of survey responses.

R

reanswolf

I think Dudley has been an excellent rep and asked all the right questions.
So personally I feel some of the criticism is unfair though I know the criticism ay aimed at him.

Also, remember through the FP we got 18-21 pricing when Moxey was happy to treat any over 18 as a full paying adult.

I think it is certainly fit for purpose but maybe it needs a younger element and 2-3 times per year is fine.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree.

I think we need to apply the Rooney Rule to the FP.

Also we need permanent positions for the LGBTQI community.

anything less is hate speech

W

wolvesultra

Its not the best (like Stefan says certainly could do with changes) but we definitely need something.

Maybe I'm paranoid but the club wanting to get rid of it now (when there's loads of warranted good will around and not previously when they needed the good will of the fans) is a tad worrying.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not the best (like Stefan says certainly could do with changes) but we definitely need something.

Maybe I'm paranoid but the club wanting to get rid of it now (when there's loads of warranted good will around and not previously when they needed the good will of the fans) is a tad worrying.
I didn't mean to give that impression Ultra, the club obviously have more important things on their minds and the initiative for change has come from some of the stronger characters on the forum not the club.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We were consulted on ticket pricing and definitely about stadium development, because it was our message from you guys that the south bank has to be single tier and they have taken that on board. Very good post, I will print these off and take to the meeting !

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once disbanded it would be difficult to reinstate.

It would be crazy to ditch it.
The name sounds a bit officious for what is effectively a feedback forum.

We should definitely invite at least one BAME/LGBQT+ to RSVP ASAP Though.

W

wolvesultra

I didn't mean to give that impression Ultra, the club obviously have more important things on their minds and the initiative for change has come from some of the stronger characters on the forum not the club.
Ah right get you, change maybe but certainly needs something. Its ok people on here saying its not needed because things are going good and relationship between fans and club is good, but we all know that can change in a flash. At one point the relationship with Morgan and the fans was great wasn't it.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think it's important for club and fans to be able to engage and provide feedback to each other, not just on problems, but on whats been done well too, to get ideas for what fans want to see, also important that it's as representative as possible of the whole fan base (seen comment about needing more diversity, but only those currently on the parliament have a real view of it)
the fact that its format is face to face with the club and members is good as it allows debate of issues. One possible way to open things up to a wider audience would be possible an online forum format for some issues where fans could provide feedback and discuss issues with the club( would also provide access for those fans who are further afield in UK and overseas) , though I would see this as an addition to parliament for certain issues and not a replacement

R

reanswolf

Indeed, crazy to suggest disbanding it when so much good as come from it, especially recently.

MinsterWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Looking at the recent minutes I am not really sure much has come from the club? A lot of the answers were people saying they would take things away and come back (is that picked up at future meetings?) and I notice they didn't give members the first look at the accounts this year either. However, I think it has to stay as it is a vital source of communication and at the very least it provides feedback which I am sure the club take on board. We have to remember that things may not always be as good as they are at the moment (hopefully they will be obviously!) and in those situations the FP has to have the opportunity to hold people to account. The club have never shied away from facing the fans and Laurie, and Jez before him, attend every meeting and Steve Morgan even fronted up once when things were not going very well. So yes from me, some sort of regular fan/club meeting, even two or three times a season as someone said earlier, is crucial.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many people are on it? I wonder if they just need to cut the numbers and be a bit more specific with what its about, from reading some of the past minutes and stuff when they're posted it's either really trivial matters or questions about football matters that the club either can't or won't comment on

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
We were consulted on ticket pricing and definitely about stadium development, because it was our message from you guys that the south bank has to be single tier and they have taken that on board. Very good post, I will print these off and take to the meeting !
That's good to know, can I ask how it worked? Was it a general discussion or something more methodical? Not trying to be critical I'm genuinely interested.

I do think that canvassing this forum, for example, on key issues will give them genuine feedback. I was surprised by the response on here to my question about the End of Season do but accept that the majority think its a good thing. Through yourself and Sedgley we can provide them with valuable empirical feedback, and dare I say they have access to a significant customer focus group. I'd really like, as a user of their facilities, to have input into the redevelopment, and I think they should welcome it.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i cringe when i see the questions people put for the rep to ask, a lot of it is embarrassing

i dont care either way if it goes on or not
I know what you mean and not many of the topics are of any interest to me, but they must be important to some people.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s very necessary but I don’t know about the current format.

For me it should take on a workshop format and the sessions should be steered by the club. It needs to happen more frequently and the club should bring ideas to the table to be discussed by the groups in a less formal setting with a wider demographic.

At the moment the “panel” format just lends itself to very little spontaneity and the same ground being covered over and over.

There are so many facets to a club. Some people just want to talk about on the pitch matters, others constantly ask about ticket pricing and structures, some only the stadium, and bores like me are interested in the marketing/comms. Maybe it should be split in to working groups who just focus on or discuss one subject and projects within it.

At the moment it’s a box-ticking exercise which could be made much more useful for both parties.

Back
Top Bottom