Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fan behaviour

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look, if Wolves fans were in WBA areas and celebrating, then getting them out of the stadium is fine/right. If WBA fans want to curse at them etc, fine. You want to throw a drink at them, that's pushing it.

None of this even remotely excuses deciding you want to get on the pitch and have a bust-up with the police. Nor jumping a lad from behind, etc.

At some point, you need to expect people to behave like human beings.
Reading through the posts and the papers about yesterday leads me to wonder/ask something. It’s been mentioned on the Mix before that fans at rugby do not need to be segregated like they do in football.

Does segregation itself possibly lead to tribalism and thus the increased possibility of aggro?

Last edited:

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Does segregation itself possibly lead to tribalism and thus the increased possibility of aggro?
Possibly, but it should also make things easier to police and manage the traffic of different fans into and out of the game.

I think we've gone too far along that road anyway. There'll be no fans before there's desegregated stands in the higher leagues.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reading through the posts and the papers about yesterday leads me to wonder/ask ask something. It’s been mentioned on the Mix before that fans at rugby do not need to be segregated like they do in football.

Rugby is just an entirely different culture. The fans may as well be from somewhere else. Imo.

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Not heard anything racist for years at Wolves gladly. Remember at Southend away mid nineties a group of middle aged blokes singing "you black *******". I was about 15 so wasn't really going to have a go at them, but someone should've.
I was there at a very similar age. Ricky Otto of future Blues fame was the target from memory

optimuswolf

Reaction score
I was there at a very similar age. Ricky Otto of future Blues fame was the target from memory
I recall one glaring incident from my time in the Billy quiet. Keith curle had decided to leave the club on a bosman and made a bad mistake. This chap 5 seats down from me...

...I'd never heard him say anything before in the many years we'd been sat right next to the tunnel/directors boxes....

...he shouted out, in absolute rage, you judas N-word. As its so quiet everyone heard, probably the dugout too.

Noone including me, said a word back, and i never heard him shout anything again.
Hopefully today I'd have challenged him.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion becoming the Port Vale of the championship. You know your teams doing rubbish when all you've got is the fact you bullied lone fans.
Saying that, I'm surprised more Wolves weren't drawn into the trouble in the corner, maybe our fanbase is getting older, less scrappy?
TBF, none of it was really directed towards us, even those that ran on as it all started, it was across to the far corner rather than down towards us (that was just the woman and the Jimmy Saville impersonator who came towards the away end, which was more laughable than anything).

Probably would have been different if those in the bottom corner got out or they started coming down towards the away end but in the end it was just funny to witness their meltdowns.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly so.

I hope I don’t get piled on here, but the signing of Albion Get Battered from some of our fans - knowing of its content, is very frustrating.

I know many see it as banter, but promoting a crime of the kind isn’t funny in the slightest and it would be helpful if folks stopped it, to avoid any possible repercussions for the club.
For real?
Once upon a time? Fight fight? Follow follow?.. the list goes on..
It's all very frustrating isnt it, that The Happy Wanderer is no longer our song of choice. I'm off up the loft to find my rattle and rosette.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly so.

I hope I don’t get piled on here, but the signing of Albion Get Battered from some of our fans - knowing of its content, is very frustrating.

I know many see it as banter, but promoting a crime of the kind isn’t funny in the slightest and it would be helpful if folks stopped it, to avoid any possible repercussions for the club.
Oh come on please!! it’s banter not a crime

Back
Top Bottom