Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Faking Head Injuries

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is going on far too much and is really ****ing me off! Just seen a Leicester player go down holding his head to get the game stopped, we had the absolute farce of Tarkowski pretending he'd been struck in the head yesterday to prevent a breakaway. It's becoming far too common. Lost the ball from a corner? Just go down holding your head and we can regroup. One look at VAR and it's easy to tell if there has been proper contact or not, if there hasn't, book them. This is the latest blight on the game that comes under the umbrella of 'gamesmanship' and it needs stamping out

I'd behead them, but that's the mood I'm in with it at the moment!

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes noticed that yesterday. VAR should be put to use to address this in particular and be punished with at least a yellow card but should really get a one game suspension IMV.

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Totally agree and starting to happen more & more. Something else to make us fall out of love with the game. We are guilty of it to though sadly. Embarrassing how the modern players act

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is going on far too much and is really ****ing me off! Just seen a Leicester player go down holding his head to get the game stopped, we had the absolute farce of Tarkowski pretending he'd been struck in the head yesterday to prevent a breakaway. It's becoming far too common. Lost the ball from a corner? Just go down holding your head and we can regroup. One look at VAR and it's easy to tell if there has been proper contact or not, if there hasn't, book them. This is the latest blight on the game that comes under the umbrella of 'gamesmanship' and it needs stamping out

Bang on (if you’ll pardon the pun)

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You go down and stay down holding your head in rugby like these guys are and the video ref forces your off for a FULL HIA check!!!

teams Losing their best players for 10 minutes will sort the problem.....

just saying.....

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the first substitution rule came out it was only for injured players who could not carry on, iirc Liverpool were the first to use this as a loophole to substitute players who made most they were injured then all pretence went out the window when they realised the refs had no choice . Anyone confirm my version.

Fast forward a few decades..

Eventually this will enable the Yanks to get what they want, unlimited substitutions.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They'd be holding their heads a little differently if you did. :grimacing:

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is responsible for stamping these "fake" injuries out ?
The refs stop giving them or the players stop feigning these " fouls".

Loathe how our game has been reduced to this by a bunch of cheats.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It was quite prevalent as soon as it was bought in which IIRC when a York City player died. Says something though when the concussion sub rule came in and they have another sub for the opposition. Basically expecting teams to cheat.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say that anyone faking any injury should be booked at the time, and on review, anyone faking a head injury should get a 3 match ban.

getting rid of the diving, play acting and overreacting to the slightest touch needs to be addressed.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s a caution for Unsporting Behavior.

• attempts to deceive the referee e.g. by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)
Obviously this would be something VAR could spot to assist the Ref. :(

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was quite prevalent as soon as it was bought in which IIRC when a York City player died. Says something though when the concussion sub rule came in and they have another sub for the opposition. Basically expecting teams to cheat.
David Longhurst. He had a rare condition and suffered a heart attack.

Back
Top Bottom