Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Facebook Wolves Fans

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm sorry to make this post

I'm also not tarring everyone with the same brush

But they seem to be on a different planet

We all have different opinions but my word its 24 / 7 moaning and negativity .

I really should come off there

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
im not on any FB Wolves groups but I wouldn't imagine they're any worse than some on here, Iv seen some pretty negative stuff, if I'm honest a lot of Wolves fans are there own worst enemy's as in dreams of grand splendour, deluded and unrealistic, glad a lot I see and comment on on here seems to steer away from it but it makes me loff when folk are calling someone a dick just because of an opinion, the internet attracts all kinds of plebs through any source!

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There is a group I know to that I'm not a member of called raised by Wolves that ain't so bad, chap named Glenn Aston who's a die hard wolves fan and an ex pro referee.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't bother with Facebook. Social media in general is either wildly optimistic or wildly negative, there's literally no middle ground.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Came off Facebook a few months ago. Can't believe I used to spend about 30 mins a day on it responding to ****ers I used to know telling everyone about what utter ****e they were doing at that particular time. That's about 2 days of my life I could have spent having a damn good ****. Actually, I might post that on Facebook.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dingles at we / wolves news now etc they are all the same.
Absolute nonsense

Just block the lot of them, restrict your settings and use it for family and people you're really bothered about.
A lot of people i know have got rid of the lot and just kept the messenger, I only keep it because i'm on the other side of the world and it's often the only way to find out if somebody has died!

Ultimately, it's what people make it, and what "social media" has done is put on public display what a ****ed up and fixated bunch people actually are, not what we used to think we were like.
When i was discussing it with somebody at work, she said she treats it exactly the same as if she met somebody in real life.
If they're unreasonable, unbalanced, boring, a patsy destined for failure, or don't know what they're talking about...you really shouldn't waste time giving them any attention.
Facebook looks for likeminded people to put into groups, so it's a good method to block them out at once.
Twitter attracts serial re-tweeters and propagandists...so easy enough to block them if they have nothing original to say for themselves.

They have every right to express their opinion while they figure out their own lives, but you have every right to dismiss them from your mind if they're constantly running down a blind alley and boring the tits off you.

Last edited:

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is, but there is a general mentality that draws people to forums that weeds out most of ****. Facebook can't really be compared to forums.
The only difference between a forum like this and Facebook is we all have a common interest. That doesn't stop some people posting complete *******s, as they do on Facebook.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i can't stand facebook, i have the messenger to message a few friends abroad but thats it.
Its all the same rubbish of people attention seeking, fake news, re posting of other news, just all *******s

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Facebook is fine, just to see what a small set of family and friends are up to and post the odd thing, that I think they would like.

I never accept friend requests from colleagues or people I was at school with that I hardly knew. I’ve only ever sent 1 friend request too.

Some of the Wolves groups though are terrible, I had to come off Wolves aye we, I struggle with really thick people. You get a much better class of idiot on here ;).

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of em are boggie and mind the gap fans, who gew on there to Tec the **** and rile yow lot up.Seems to be working by the sound of things.

K

KiwiWolf

I think the Southbank page is great and know a number of contributors who I see regularly at games and they're good guys. The rest I agree are generally immature rubbish.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not been on Facebook for about 8 years.
It's not for me. I don't feel the need to be a voyuer or live someone else's life vicariously. Nor do I have a desire to chronical and broadcast my every movement or thought.

I believe the kids these days prefer alternative platforms too.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry to make this post

I'm also not tarring everyone with the same brush

But they seem to be on a different planet

We all have different opinions but my word its 24 / 7 moaning and negativity .

I really should come off there
I think this place is heading the same way rapidly.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just don't see signing bonatini as a negative , if it wadnt for him we wouldnt be in the position we were in at Christmas

Then before that the daily rants of when's the kit gonna be related

Why arent we signing anyone

Etc etc

mexy

Reaction score
its not just facebook its on here as well
having wealthy owners has turned some fans into deluded idiots

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't understand the negativity to Facebook. You choose who your friends are and which groups you join. If you don't like what you see there it's your problem. I use it to connect with people and running friends who live all over the world. Works really well.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I use facebook to book on Hatherton Wolves travel, so as such it is invaluable . I also keep in contact with a circle of friends and clients. Some of the banter groups are purely abuse forums and as such have left most of them.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I have no mates so never joined, which is lucky as I never trusted that Zuckerberg stooge anyway.

D

Deleted member 5910

Facebook is useful for large scale messaging among friends, and arranging events. But beyond that, it is an abomination that has arguably crippled the face to face social skills of the young. Even the former contributors to the creation of the platform acknowledge as much.

L

Lincoln-WOLF

I joined Wolves news on facebook a few days ago. I've already deleted it. Full of thick idiots chatting absolute nonsense. Awful page

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Facebook.
I love it so much that I can't bear to sell my shares in it. Think I'll keep them.

I love Microsoft and Apple too. They've been kind to me.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think like most social media, you have the option to ignore the stuff you don't like. I used to be in a 'Championship Banter' page on there, or something, but after about a week I realised there was no banter at all, just fans arguing about which club is bigger (overcompensating for something I guess...), or jokes about dead celebrities. Not for me! If that's your thing though, good for you.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Midlands banter page is a right pain. Facebook is ok but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom