Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup: Wolves vs. Liverpool - Verdict

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Fabulous win. Deserved it, better team throughout. Boly MotM but Ruben and Leonder not far behind. Fabulous save by Big John from the Shakiri free kick.

No trophy this year for the goofy one lol. Have that Milner ya *****

D

Deleted member 4124

Thought it was an average performance, but fantastic result. Jimenez and Boly tied for MOTM like always, with Neves not too far behind. Jota, Jonny and Dendoncker did well too. Great save from Ruddy from the free kick, but poor distribution. Vinagre raw talent but needs to improve on his final ball. Moutinho and Bennett average. Coady poor.

Extremely weird substitutions from Nuno though. Cav did absolutely nothing and Costa stood around in an offside position more times than he had the ball. The second half looked tailor made for Traore.

P

Pinhead

great result slow first half from both teams 2 nd half fantastic performance another belter from Neves and THAT SAVE from Ruddy world class save

R

reanswolf

Well the long journey home was worthwhile tonight :)-. Just stepped in the house!

Well done lads, personally I still can't get enthused anymore about the FA Cup, it just doesnt get the juices flowing any more I am sorry to say, and I think that was reflected in the general atmosphere and gate.

Having said that, another quite wonderful Ruben Neves goal, what a strike, pure power.
Central defence was great as usual, Boly imperious, Bennett and Coady also vety good. Johnny had a strange game, fairly eratic as was Vinagre but his second half performance was stronger. Midfield was good, and Jota was the attacking highlight whilst he was on.

Back to the league soon, this was a pleasant distraction lacking passion off the pitch for me, scousers were dead quiet for long spells even during micky-taking songs - best one being "Steve Gerard, Gerard, he slipped on his ****ing ****, he gave it to Demba Ba, Steve Gerard, Gerard".

Ruben's goal was magic though and then the ground was bouncing.

EDIT sorry MODS pls merge this with other verdict thread

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Fantastic result. Great performance from one and all.

Fully desreved win, they had nothing all night...other than the ref giving them all the 50/50s. :)

MOTM: Jimbo, Mouts, Neves and Boly. All superb.

Oh and Doncks looked pretty decent too. :)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ruddy 7
Great save, put CBs under pressure 3 times not coming and collecting simple through balls.
Jonny 7
Did ok, still cuts inside too much but is very solid defensively
Boly 7
Lots of great headers and interceptions but should have showed Origi inside for goal
Coady 6
Shakey distribution and not many interceptions or play of note
Bennett 6
Solid enough, distribution spotty
Vinagre 6
Sublime to the ridiculous, looks world beater and conference player in same 5 minutes. Big potential though.
Dendoncker 8
Powerful, wins loads of ball and keeps it simple. Really like him.
Neves 8
Weak first half but terrific mostly in second. Played a lot of great forward balls and great goal
Moutinho 6
Just lacks the legs at times and maddening refusal to play passes forward. Works very hard though.
Jota 8
Did great, subbed to protect him. Miles ahead of other wide players.
Jimenez 8
Brilliant. Power, pace and a cracking finish. Does so much good work all over pitch. Cleared 3 corners as well.
Costa/Cav 5
Didn't do much of note.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Lovely stuff and just rewards for finally treating the Cup seriously.

Thought we looked compact, if a little one-paces, in the 3-5-2 formation but promising signs that Jota and Jimenez could be effective in that position.

Thought Raul and Boly were our two best players with honourable mentions for Neves and Ruddy for that save.

Ruddy 7
Bennett 6
Coady 7
Boly 8
Jonny 6
Dendoncker 6
Neves 7
Moutinho 6
Vinagre 6
Jota 7
Jimenez 8

Cav 6
Doc 6
Costa 6

Now for a reunion with either Benik or Sam Ricketts and Dangerous Dave Edwards...

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll get slaughtered but i thought we were poor first half and average second half. Liverpool were poor all game. I love the result and our goals but that's about all

I think we were pretty average overall really but Raul's goal was superbly taken and Neves' was top quality. LIverpool couldn't really get through us and were slightly lucky with their goal going through Dendoncker legs. So in that sense it was I suppose it was a good performance.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Alan Shearer is literally gonna be saying that on MOTD soon if he gets any more complimentary about us :)

He really is in awe of us this season isn’t he! It’s so satisfying!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Spot on.
Poor old fix a dent
Thought it was very disrespectful by Klopp. We’re 9th in the Premier League and he’s picking teenagers. Maybe acceptable against league 2 sides, not us though. Deserved to go out. Some of their players were terrible. Who was 15, laziest player I’ve ever seen!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I missed having big John between the sticks, such an amazing keeper, what a save.

D

Deleted member 4152

Ruben has two dogs, there is a fence along his garden which runs runs along the alley onto our estate. Whether they are being territorial or not, they are not too friendly when I walk my King Charles through there, trying to get at him through the fence. if they do it will not end well for them

That is literally the only thing Ruben can do that would upset me.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was very disrespectful by Klopp. We’re 9th in the Premier League and he’s picking teenagers. Maybe acceptable against league 2 sides, not us though. Deserved to go out. Some of their players were terrible. Who was 15, laziest player I’ve ever seen!

I agree Jade. We did to them what was appropriate. We beat them with a simple, professional, performance. Nothing flashy, just a routine win for the new Wolves, against one of the top six. Let them play for the league and fall at the final hurdle like every recent Liverpool team, and leave them empty handed. We can parade the FA Cup with pride down the streets of Wolverhampton and remind them what it’s like to win silverware.

Liverpool fans react to FA Cup defeat to Wolves

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was an average performance, but fantastic result. Jimenez and Boly tied for MOTM like always, with Neves not too far behind. Jota, Jonny and Dendoncker did well too. Great save from Ruddy from the free kick, but poor distribution. Vinagre raw talent but needs to improve on his final ball. Moutinho and Bennett average. Coady poor.

Extremely weird substitutions from Nuno though. Cav did absolutely nothing and Costa stood around in an offside position more times than he had the ball. The second half looked tailor made for Traore.
Sorry but your opinion is ludicrous pal.....they were superb all of them..

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were better.

Boly majestic at times, Dendonker also played well. Wonderful second half from Neves, best player on the park by a country mile. Tidy game from Raul with lots of energy.

They were bobbins, deserved win.

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
Weird game - I thought first half was one of our worst performances of the season but fortunately Liverpool were much worse. We clearly set up to 'stay in the game' first half but once we realised how **** Liverpool were playing we took the game to them and it almost immediately bore fruit.

Thought Jota was the standout player first half - his tenacity was lacking from the other 21 - and interesting that he was taken off after 50 mins - preplanned and/or saving him for the PL?

Second half was a much better match all round - both teams probably got a rocket at HT. Jimenez showed his value yet again, Neves got more space and was more influential as a result, never mind the goal (I called it before Vinagre passed back to him :-D ) Dendonker looked decent but was blowing out his **** for the last 20 minutes! Moutinho class once more... Cav offered a threat in behind when he came on and Doc really sured things up as well as giving an outlet but would probably have preferred him to have been given the full night off!

All in all good result - we're quite the hoodoo for Liverpool in the FA Cup :D

Back
Top Bottom