Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA cup TV game sweepstake

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could this be the first time in eons that Man Utd are not chosen by the BBC as a live TV game what with the mouthwatering all Premier League ties between West Ham v Man City, Everton v Leicester and Sunderland v Burnley, not to mention the Stafford derby between Stoke City v Wolves and the Mick Channon derby of Norwich v Southampton.

So, to recap, as well as Man Utd v Reading, what do you think the live TV games will be? :D

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping the Stourbridge v Northampton rescheduled game is on tv. Stoke v wolves must have a decent chance. But then again look at the games they chose for the 2nd round! Lincoln v Oldham?

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And there we have it. So ****ing predictable.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38255346

The FA Cup third round games between West Ham and Manchester City, and Tottenham and Aston Villa, will be shown live on BBC One.

The Hammers will host Pep Guardiola's side on Friday, 6 January (19:55 GMT).

Spurs, meanwhile, entertain Championship side Aston Villa two days later, with kick-off at 16:00.

A Saturday night highlights programme will include Sutton United's game against AFC Wimbledon and Barrow versus Rochdale.

BT Sport will broadcast Reading's trip to Manchester United and Preston against Arsenal (both Saturday, 7 January), Liverpool's game against Newport or Plymouth (Sunday, 7 January) and Cambridge United's home tie against Leeds (Monday, 9 January).

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's man utd's last 51 FA cup games have been televised! I feel for their fans as Saturday at 3pm don't exist to them

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's man utd's last 51 FA cup games have been televised! I feel for their fans as Saturday at 3pm don't exist to them
Don't really matter when 3 quarters of the fan Base is overseas.....

W

Wichenford Wolf

Unfortunately we - and their fans - have to accept that United is the biggest international brand in UK football and therefore TV producers know they can sell their games around the world. Even if it is Reading at home.

Fosun plan that, within the next 10 years, Wolves' brand will be like that. Hard to believe at the moment!

B

Benson

And there we have it. So ****ing predictable.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38255346

The FA Cup third round games between West Ham and Manchester City, and Tottenham and Aston Villa, will be shown live on BBC One.

The Hammers will host Pep Guardiola's side on Friday, 6 January (19:55 GMT).

Spurs, meanwhile, entertain Championship side Aston Villa two days later, with kick-off at 16:00.

A Saturday night highlights programme will include Sutton United's game against AFC Wimbledon and Barrow versus Rochdale.

BT Sport will broadcast Reading's trip to Manchester United and Preston against Arsenal (both Saturday, 7 January), Liverpool's game against Newport or Plymouth (Sunday, 7 January) and Cambridge United's home tie against Leeds (Monday, 9 January).

Boring boring.. who cares about West Ham v Man C in the FA Cup third round? Its sad, but a lot of half interested TV fans prefer games like that before proper cup games between teams from different levels. Personally I would watch Barrow v Rochdale but dont bother about PL teams playing each other. I understand they send big teams as they pay big money for the TV rights and needs advertising money back, but I dont like it.. at all.
I blame the stupids who dont think like me - not the TV companies.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't done well in a cup since Arsenal beat us at villa park the cup draw this year was depressing

E

Essex Wolf

We haven't done well in a cup since Arsenal beat us at villa park the cup draw this year was depressing
Wolves have done so poorly over recent years think as a Wolves supporter many of us just expect an early exit which doesn't help the mood?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have done so poorly over recent years think as a Wolves supporter many of us just expect an early exit which doesn't help the mood?

Nail on the head Essex we expect to go out even if we had a home draw against Spurs or United we would be moaning they won't play a full team or it isn't on tv everyone I know seems to want to draw the minnows away for a day out but I remember us losing to Wycombe that was embarrassing

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Preston/Arsenal and Cambridge/Leeds are good shouts for TV and I'll watch them both if I'm in the house. The others though, deary me.

E

Essex Wolf

Nail on the head Essex we expect to go out even if we had a home draw against Spurs or United we would be moaning they won't play a full team or it isn't on tv everyone I know seems to want to draw the minnows away for a day out but I remember us losing to Wycombe that was embarrassing
The 3rd round draw was always, for me at least, a big event and I always wanted Wolves to get one of the top sides. Didn't care if it was home or away. Great atmosphere either way but now seems a more apathetic attitude but as we allude to maybe due to fact we expect to lose whoever we play.
I recall the Wycombe game, lost 2-1. Three of us were sat amongst the Wycombe support. Nice bunch considering 3 of us went crazy when Wolves equalised.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that for me was when the league was more interesting than what it is now because they was real hard men footballers who loved a tackle and the pitches wasn't as good boots were bigger ect

E

Essex Wolf

But that for me was when the league was more interesting than what it is now because they was real hard men footballers who loved a tackle and the pitches wasn't as good boots were bigger ect
You mean when players could actually make contact without fear of a booking because the player being booked has messed up the hair do of the player he supposedly fouled?:D

E

Essex Wolf

You got it mate ;)
Ahh the old days hey.
And joking aside my fear is the game will become so tame that it could virtually be non contact. Don't want to see players injured or others commit fouls willy nilly and for the sake of it but it is meant to be a contact sport. Many other team games still involve physical contact so why is football becoming the way it is?

D

Deleted member 4456

Sutton United vs AFC Wimbledon. This will be the Friday night game.

Back
Top Bottom