Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup qualifying round fixu

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a calmer note, light years away from transfer meltdowns and cut-and-shut away shirts... it's the time of year for FA Cup Qualifying...

Now, maybe I'm just middle-aged and soft in the head but I've always liked the fact that our name is quite distinctive ... Wolverhampton Wanderers... it's venerable, sing-song and alliterative and running my eye down the list of teams who'll be in the FA Cup qualifying rounds brought a smile to my face. For some reason, some of the obscure team names reminded me that football isn't always about big names, transfer panics and TV billions....

Crawley Down Gatwick...
Bovey Tracey...
Yorkshire Amateur...
Hemsworth Miner's Welfare

The FA Cup might have lost a little of its romantic shine over the years (apart from 19/20... that was vintage FA Cup ;) ) but I'm suddenly gripped by the desire to head off to a local ground somewhere and watch one of these matches for some good, old-fashioned FA Cup action... am I just being sentimental? Perhaps, but I love that this country is still dotted with these amateur club for whose supporters, their 11 players are just as big a deal as ours are to us.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fixu ... what happened to my title? Could a mod fixu the thread title please? :D

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking through those, I immediately have a fondness for Diss Town. I hope the players run out onto the pitch to The Specials.

Loving Leicester Nirvana, Coventry Sphinx, West Allotment Celtic and New Salamis too.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Racing Club Warwick vs. AFC Wulfrunians ... that's verging on a local derby!!
Our favourite keeper to give abuse to....sadly relegated from PL....started at RC Warwick. Should be easy to socially distance.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our favourite keeper to give abuse to....sadly relegated from PL....started at RC Warwick. Should be easy to socially distance.
He wants out... Doubtless see him next year...

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a calmer note, light years away from transfer meltdowns and cut-and-shut away shirts... it's the time of year for FA Cup Qualifying...

Now, maybe I'm just middle-aged and soft in the head but I've always liked the fact that our name is quite distinctive ... Wolverhampton Wanderers... it's venerable, sing-song and alliterative and running my eye down the list of teams who'll be in the FA Cup qualifying rounds brought a smile to my face. For some reason, some of the obscure team names reminded me that football isn't always about big names, transfer panics and TV billions....

Crawley Down Gatwick...
Bovey Tracey...
Yorkshire Amateur(s)...
Hemsworth Miner's Welfare

The FA Cup might have lost a little of its romantic shine over the years (apart from 19/20... that was vintage FA Cup ;) ) but I'm suddenly gripped by the desire to head off to a local ground somewhere and watch one of these matches for some good, old-fashioned FA Cup action... am I just being sentimental? Perhaps, but I love that this country is still dotted with these amateur club for whose supporters, their 11 players are just as big a deal as ours are to us.

Changed it for you, this club has invested a lot of money for local level football, in a hotbed area of Leeds where it mainly Afro Caribbean influenced, and bloody good players.
Be interested to see where they go.

Back
Top Bottom