Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup Draw

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could have had a far worse draw than Brentford away. This one is winnable. If we want a good cup run it is a far better draw than Man City away.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could have had a far worse draw than Brentford away. This one is winnable. If we want a good cup run it is a far better draw than Man City away.
Personally, I just wanted a different ground and location.
Peterborough, Hull, Swansea or Maidstone would have been gratefully received, but alas no.
Should we progress, we'll probably be looking at Newcastle away.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent chance, for all fans who miss out on Brentford away, being a low allocation in the league to go

I'm sure we have quite a few fans who haven't done Brentford new ground......

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been out all day. The missus just told me our draw. My reaction?.... Zzzzzzzz!!!!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were about 10 teams left still in the pot and from the list on the left of the screen only Brentford and us were from the Prem. All the rest were smaller and much smaller clubs. So who do we draw - Bees away?! Had to be.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I just wanted a different ground and location.
Peterborough, Hull, Swansea or Maidstone would have been gratefully received, but alas no.
Should we progress, we'll probably be looking at Newcastle away.
Just like when we won the cup in 1960!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend of mine who supports Newcastle United is delighted with the draw. It certainly looks like the tie of the round.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This feels like drawing a championship side when we were in the championship. Just completely unappealing and meh. It’s probably a game that is likely to be decided by the team sheet that each manager hands in, much like most same league ties.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This feels like drawing a championship side when we were in the championship. Just completely unappealing and meh. It’s probably a game that is likely to be decided by the team sheet that each manager hands in, much like most same league ties.
I think GON will go strong for this, he will want to win for sure

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me too. Also I don’t think we’ve got the luxury of going to a team as good as Brentford, resting a few and still having a team capable of winning the game - our squad just isn’t big or strong enough.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Me too. Also I don’t think we’ve got the luxury of going to a team as good as Brentford, resting a few and still having a team capable of winning the game - our squad just isn’t big or strong enough.
Two weeks off after, so there's no reason to rest anyone. Mbueno at AFCON I think, have they got some more?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably. The Ivan show incoming...

'A story of struggle, redemption and bravery, culminating in a stunning four goal salvo against a heavily depleted Wolves side that just couldn't cope with the sheer determination of a revitalised Brentford.'

Then they'll go out to Walsall in the 4th road.
Ivan has a score on it.....

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two weeks off after, so there's no reason to rest anyone. Mbueno at AFCON I think, have they got some more?
Yea I agree. I want a cup run this season more than other seasons as it looks (unless we implode massively) that we will be in and around mid-lower mid table for the rest of the season.

With regards to absences, I have no idea really on who they’ve got out but isn’t there the Asia cup as well which would also count Hwang out for us.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish draw for both sides really. Might go as it's local and not been to their new ground yet.

Meh.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only 3 or 4 sides can win the Prem and this season only 4/5 sides are likely to go down so the other 11/12 sides I would have thought could play full strength sides in the Cup in an effort to win a trophy. If we are likely mid-table (hopefully) I'd hope GON will go full strength at Bees.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Watching a rerun of the FA Cup review show on the telly, and George Elokobi is on the show via some Teams video connection, related to Maidstones Cup progress.
He had two pictures on his back wall, with Wolves promotion pictures, probably from 2008-09.
A thoroughly Good man :) , he also drew a lot of laughs from the panel with his comments.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Did I read somewhere that this is 8 years on the trot that we’ve drawn a Premier League team in round 3?

The probability of that happening is 0.0000758!! That’s about a 1 in 13200 chance. Looks like it’s not just VAR and the PGMOL that have got it in for us.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I read somewhere that this is 8 years on the trot that we’ve drawn a Premier League team in round 3?

The probability of that happening is 0.0000758!! That’s about a 1 in 13200 chance. Looks like it’s not just VAR and the PGMOL that have got it in for us.
Probably similar to drawing Liverpool away for the last game of the season, and if not them, Arsenal.
I'm hoping for a change next season; either Newcastle, Man City or.......Liverpool. Away of course.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
None of the West London games picked for TV, so imagine two Sat 3pm and two Sun 2pm maybe?IMG_20231207_194528.jpg

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
None of the West London games picked for TV, so imagine two Sat 3pm and two Sun 2pm maybe?View attachment 38914
What terrible picks. Everyone wants to see Sunderland v Newcastle and I guess Arsenal v Liverpool reserves was always going to be chosen. Boro v Villa is understandable too. However, who in their right mind wants to see Palace v Everton and Spurs v Burnley?

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score

Another fun FA cup statistic, relates to Veela;
Since the 2000/01 season they have lost;
14 3rd round games
4 4th round games
3 5th round games
1 semifinal
1 final

The last time they reached the 4th round was in 2015/16.

(Now I have probably jinxed us, so they will probably win the bleeding thing in May...)

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Sheffield United were a Championship team a few years back when we won 3-0 in the 3rd round

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
What terrible picks. Everyone wants to see Sunderland v Newcastle and I guess Arsenal v Liverpool reserves was always going to be chosen. Boro v Villa is understandable too. However, who in their right mind wants to see Palace v Everton and Spurs v Burnley?
It's typical of the terrestrial TV that they just want to grab a chance to show PL sides. Makes me laugh that they **** off all those Everton fans making them do the insane trip on a Thursday night and then stick it on ITV4. Then of course Man U have to be on, still only missed one since the television was invented haven't they?

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
MBueno is injured apparently as of this week, ’serious ankle injury’ so possible he’ll not be fit for early January Or Afcon
Shame for him, saw it yesterday it was a funny one as he seemed to run into the back of the player. Obviously a big miss for them, but hope it's not that bad and he gets to play for Cameroon.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's typical of the terrestrial TV that they just want to grab a chance to show PL sides. Makes me laugh that they **** off all those Everton fans making them do the insane trip on a Thursday night and then stick it on ITV4. Then of course Man U have to be on, still only missed one since the television was invented haven't they?

I think I am correct with this that only once in over 10 years has a Yawnited tie not been televised live !!!!!!!!!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I think I am correct with this that only once in over 10 years has a Yawnited tie not been televised live !!!!!!!!!
Only Derby at home since they played Exeter at Old Trafford in 2005! (According to the infallible Daily Star!)

Back
Top Bottom