Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA charge GON

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So lets get this right:

1. Chirewa was in an onside position when the corner was taken.
2. Fabianski has full and clear view of the ball.
3. Fabianski then chooses to remain standing behind Chirewa and pushes him in the back.
4. In that split second Chirewa has to adjust his balance, thus he is not able to get back into an onside position for Kilman's header as a direct result of Fabianski's action
5. As a result of Fabianski's push in the back of an onside Chirewa the goalkeeper now has a perfect unhindered view of the ball throughout the play.
6. Chirewa makes no attempt to play the ball potentially distracting Fabianski, nor does he make any attempt to make contact with the keeper or prevent him from moving.
7. The Referee makes a subjective decision to award the goal, as in his opinion there is no need to disallow it.
8. Fabanski does not make a claim that Chirewa has hindered his view. He is the only person who can actually say that for certain.
9. Photographic and video evidence prove that Fabianski can see the ball at all times during the corner and subsequent header and is not blocked from attempting a save.
10. VAR then recommend he "reviews" his decision based on the evidence outlined in points 1-9 and consider the other subjective call that Chirewa hinders Fabianski's line of sight despite evidence that he doesn't.
11. The referee reviews clear evidence that the goal should stand and decides to agree with VAR and disallow the goal, thus despite no clear and obvious error the game is re-refereed from a remote location via a TV screen.

Now Mr Chairman at what point do you think that Mr O'Neil was not within his rights to question the competence and integrity of the PGMOL officials when all evidence points to the fact that they "Don't Know What They're Doing"
The problem is that they have charged GON not about the accuracy of his comments (very possibly to head off exactly the sort of analysis you offer) but how he went about engagement with the officials....

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was listening to Stephen Warnock on 5 live before the Liverpool match. He said what a disgrace it was that Kompany got fined £10,000 for speaking the truth about a diabolical decision given against Burnley, yet nothing happens to the officials
Truth has become subjective. His truth, her truth, my truth, your truth'.

No longer THE truth.

THE truth is far too hurty and cruel and judgemental.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance the refereeing of games could be put out to tender so we could get people capable of doing their job?
I remember part time officials doing a better job than these jumped up arrogant clown, sack them all and start again
Yup, l really fancy ManUre refereeing services getting the gig....

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Bottom line is PGMOL and VAR have zero credibility left. They should both be disbanded for the good of football. But the powers that be will blindly back them over and above listening to people and putting it right.

the PGMOL cartel and VAR are the worst things to happen to football in my lifetime.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And then get points deducted no doubt.
You mean, in addition to the 8-10 points these clowns have already "deducted" from our tally already this season??

When does it stop??? A: When we are back in the 3rd tier, being reminded the importance of "knowing one's place" ... :rolleyes:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see the 'independent' Panel on Key Decisions have decided that Wolves' equaliser v W Ham was correctly ruled out. So that's alright then. Who pays their salary, I wonder?
Newcastles 4th yesterday was very similar.
I’d like to know why it was given if they think they were correct on killmans.

Sirstancullis

Reaction score
Truth has become subjective. His truth, her truth, my truth, your truth'.

No longer THE truth.

THE truth is far too hurty and cruel and judgemental.

"The truth!!!! Tha FA can't handle the truth!!!!" Said in my best Gene Hackman.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last couple of rounds of fixtures has shown why VAR can never truly work in football, as if we didn’t know already. Virtually everything is subjective, so we will always have these inconsistencies, leading to grievances all round. It only works in sports where the decisions are mainly black and white and even then it can be bloody annoying.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last couple of rounds of fixtures has shown why VAR can never truly work in football, as if we didn’t know already. Virtually everything is subjective, so we will always have these inconsistencies, leading to grievances all round. It only works in sports where the decisions are mainly black and white and even then it can be bloody annoying.
Lbw, in cricket and most things around a try in Rugby have similar subjective elements. Only line calls, in any sports, are really black and white. The problem is in the inconsistencies in interpretation when the technology is applied and the difference in football is because of the culture around the games governing bodies and commercial interests. They create layers of interpretive rules around decisions, in order to protect their precious backsides and then proceed to ignore them all when it suits.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lbw, in cricket and most things around a try in Rugby have similar subjective elements. Only line calls, in any sports, are really black and white. The problem is in the inconsistencies in interpretation when the technology is applied and the difference in football is because of the culture around the games governing bodies and commercial interests. They create layers of interpretive rules around decisions, in order to protect their precious backsides and then proceed to ignore them all when it suits.

The issue is, the levels of officiating in football is at it worst levels in decades and they keep allowing people who cannot properly referee a game, then referee and interfere from the comfort of stockley park.

Then it is headed up by the biggest narcissist in the history of refereeing…… Howard Webb, he only cares about being seen on TV and acting like he is the prime minister of football.

Rugby referees make mistakes, but the RFU and world rugby are quick to admit fault publicly and force the referee and wider community to learn how they won’t make the same **** up again.

It is accountability, and the PGMOL have none!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The issue is, the levels of officiating in football is at it worst levels in decades and they keep allowing people who cannot properly referee a game, then referee and interfere from the comfort of stockley park.

Then it is headed up by the biggest narcissist in the history of refereeing…… Howard Webb, he only cares about being seen on TV and acting like he is the prime minister of football.

Rugby referees make mistakes, but the RFU and world rugby are quick to admit fault publicly and force the referee and wider community to learn how they won’t make the same **** up again.

It is accountability, and the PGMOL have none!
Too right! In theory VAR should be a good tool for the referees, but they’re so bad all it does it highlight how bad they are. Then you have Webb on telly telling everyone why the entire football community is wrong and why the Maths teacher from Dunstable was right to give Luton a penalty against Wolves.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll agree with that, especially covering their backsides.
I do think LBW is more or less black and white now using Hawkeye though, providing the teams have reviews left.

Heathrow wolf

Reaction score
God forbid that anyone dares to criticise the useless shower of crap that is PGMOL and it's members....

One thing that jumped out at me this week was how differently Anthony Taylor referred the PSG v Barcelona match to how he refs a Premier League game.

Tackles were flying in a fast and feisty game but the yellow cards generally stayed in his pocket. Whereas there would have been four or five yellows in the first half of a Premier match.

It's the same game, using the same rules but he didn't apply the rules in the same manner. I understand that UEFA want the best players to be in the final, and that it made for a fantastic game. But that means it's the PGMOL who is moving the game from what it was to this sanitised version and not the players.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing that jumped out at me this week was how differently Anthony Taylor referred the PSG v Barcelona match to how he refs a Premier League game.

Tackles were flying in a fast and feisty game but the yellow cards generally stayed in his pocket. Whereas there would have been four or five yellows in the first half of a Premier match.

It's the same game, using the same rules but he didn't apply the rules in the same manner. I understand that UEFA want the best players to be in the final, and that it made for a fantastic game. But that means it's the PGMOL who is moving the game from what it was to this sanitised version and not the players.
Yes and Attwell was on VAR, the VAR checks were considerably faster than they are in PL games

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's pretty obvious the leadership at the PGMOL is a total disaster. They are confusing the hell out of referees, and just generally flopping about like a fish on a dock.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
The club need to do a presentation showing goals scored this season by other sides similar to kilmans with a player near the keeper and demand to know why they were allowed and ours wasn’t. They should also show the incredible amount of awful decisions that have cost us points this season. It would humiliate PGMOL. They are a disgrace and a joke and their pathetic explanation of our goal being disallowed at the weekend is an insult to our players, fans and coaches.
Great idea

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's entitled to present whatever mitigation he wishes. A tribunal must hear it.
Ok…….that’s good. I presumed that they would limit it to that day and to Gary’s behaviour.
You are more knowledgeable than I am.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great idea?…..I doubt they’d view anything that’s not directly related to Gary’s behaviour after the game.
What's your great idea then? Keep his trap shut and take it up the rear end like a good little club that's only there to make up the numbers?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's your great idea then? Keep his trap shut and take it up the rear end like a good little club that's only there to make up the numbers?
I never said I have a great idea, hence the question mark. Supergran thought JosWolf’s idea was good.

I have no idea how these procedures work but assumed that they wouldn’t give Gary much latitude in his defence.

However, good news for us …….old Wittonian says “He's entitled to present whatever mitigation he wishes. A tribunal must hear it.”

So, go get them Gary.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never said I have a great idea, hence the question mark. Supergran thought JosWolf’s idea was good.

I have no idea how these procedures work but assumed that they wouldn’t give Gary much latitude in his defence.

However, good news for us …….old Wittonian says “He's entitled to present whatever mitigation he wishes. A tribunal must hear it.”

So, go get them Gary.
They listen to his evidence then find him guilty and fine him.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I’ll agree with that, especially covering their backsides.
I do think LBW is more or less black and white now using Hawkeye though, providing the teams have reviews left.
It's like the tennis, you can trust the accuracy of the technology or not, but everyone is happy to go with it, because they know it's not biased. I did say before all this started that it's really hard to codify the rules of football, the Philips on Gordon one was a perfect example, there were people on here adamant it was or wasn't a penalty, both thinking the other just doesn't understand the game. May as well just go with the ref live (remembering they're often wrong, but at least it's quick!).

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's like the tennis, you can trust the accuracy of the technology or not, but everyone is happy to go with it, because they know it's not biased. I did say before all this started that it's really hard to codify the rules of football, the Philips on Gordon one was a perfect example, there were people on here adamant it was or wasn't a penalty, both thinking the other just doesn't understand the game. May as well just go with the ref live (remembering they're often wrong, but at least it's quick!).
Quick would be great but I don’t want to give up on the chance for more accuracy.
I would prefer that ONLY the ref make decisions with NO input from the VAR guys.
Ref should just ask a teck guy to show him the videos. Teck guy only runs the equipment…..period.

Back
Top Bottom