Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA charge GON

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club need to do a presentation showing goals scored this season by other sides similar to kilmans with a player near the keeper and demand to know why they were allowed and ours wasn’t. They should also show the incredible amount of awful decisions that have cost us points this season. It would humiliate PGMOL. They are a disgrace and a joke and their pathetic explanation of our goal being disallowed at the weekend is an insult to our players, fans and coaches.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club need to do a presentation showing goals scored this season by other sides similar to kilmans with a player near the keeper and demand to know why they were allowed and ours wasn’t. They should also show the incredible amount of awful decisions that have cost us points this season. It would humiliate PGMOL. They are a disgrace and a joke and their pathetic explanation of our goal being disallowed at the weekend is an insult to our players, fans and coaches.
Hard to believe it I know, but I totally agree with you on this! Lol

Put an analyst video together of Saturday and other instances where their are goals similar. Put a second part showing all the rest of the poor decisions we’ve had against us and let GON go to his appeal, say not a single word just put the video on.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to believe it I know, but I totally agree with you on this! Lol

Put an analyst video together of Saturday and other instances where their are goals similar. Put a second part showing all the rest of the poor decisions we’ve had against us and let GON go to his appeal, say not a single word just put the video on.
No words are needed as you say. Silence will be even more powerful.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I am basing this on. From The Athletic
View attachment 41767

"As it was a subjective decision , Robinson requested Harrington to approach the monitor."

How else would one read that?! It's just insulting.
I thought offside was black and white? I don’t recall it being subjective when Netos goal in front of the Kop got ruled out because Jonnys sideburns were offside.

Reaction score
Trouble is a number of goals have been disallowed for the same reason this season

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many more times must the PGMOL bring the game into disrepute?
The club should defend this and say it how it is.

Take the *******s to court for bringing Gary’s reputation into disrepute. Arrogant ****ers.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club need to do a presentation showing goals scored this season by other sides similar to kilmans with a player near the keeper and demand to know why they were allowed and ours wasn’t.

The problem is he was off side, so that creates a different question for the ref.
I don’t think he was obscuring his view so the goal should have stood. But it’s not the same as every other case where a player has been stood there when a goal is scored.

surreywolf

Reaction score
it’s not the same as every other case where a player has been stood there when a goal is scored.
Indeed. Antonio standing offside and impeding Sa at the other end was far worse (and yes I know it went straight in)

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
fair play michail antonio

Wow. Fair play indeed. He's exactly right too.

Here's a fundamental issue: when people say a decision is subjective, what they mean (I am arguing) is the context is so complex that it can't be neatly fitted into the rulebook. To try to do so is implicitly going to be inadequate because it's just too complex. Hence we have to rely on some human discernment to fill in the gaps and come to a just decision.

And yet when one goes and reviews a "subjective" decision, the context is inherently different. The inadequacy of what follows is baked in. Such an environment leaves little to no room for any of the added value provided by someone who is using human judgement in a way that takes the nuance of the situation into account. The rules become a blunt instrument, and the result is not just.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should have punished the VAR and Referee, for going against the logic, that our player who was offside, was hindering their keeper or other opponent to save Kilman's goal.

I remember erlier in this season, I Manchester City goal, was allowed in spite that their player, was clearly disturbing the view of the keeper, as the shot was low and the keeper saw it very late to save. But, the FA use two weights and two measures between teams at the top and teams lower from 8th position in the table. Life is very unkind with our team. Wolves were deprived of no less than 10 points, when they did not break any rule, while teams which broke rules were only given deductions of 6+2 points, and 4 points.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interesting to see the speed the FA have rustled up and no doubt what penalty GON will receive ... and this in the same time Man City can skate along picking up silverware while the authorities cower and quiver with no timetable even being hinted or what punishment they deserve. Hypocrisy? It beggars belief!

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If I was GON I'd show them the Ake goal against Fulham where Akanji goes for the ball despite been in an offside position and Harrington called it subjective and decided he wasn't interfering with the goalkeeper. I'd ask why the same ref thought this a few months ago?

They won't do anything until Klopp, Pep etc say anything about the referee then they'll take action... Nuno got Mason right and got a 25k fine for it the moment Arteta says something similar Mason is gone.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take your laptop with you to the hearing, Gary, and show those incompetents all the contentious VAR decisions that have gone against us so far this season. Leave Saturdays terrible decision till the end and ask the incompetents to explain in minute detail why the referee changed his onfield decision and why the linesman didn’t put his flag up.

I would also ask referee Tony Harrington to attend the hearing as well, so he can explain the ludicrous decision! Imo he should, but no doubt he won’t, so he can just carry on ruining proper football people’s weekends, without explanation!

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his position I would hold a seperate press conference, arrive with a big stack of cash, make a show of putting said stack in a box, label it 'for the cartel bosses', and then let rip at them all.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's hard to judge because we don't know what was said. It usually comes out, so we will get a clearer picture if O'Neil deserves the charge then.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was right to be angry , but managers and coaches should not be allowed near officials until a cooling off period has a passed . Probably an hour or more.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next home game have a chorus of “Gary is right, the Ref’s are all ****e”
Brilliant!
Take your laptop with you to the hearing, Gary, and show those incompetents all the contentious VAR decisions that have gone against us so far this season. Leave Saturdays terrible decision till the end and ask the incompetents to explain in minute detail why the referee changed his onfield decision and why the linesman didn’t put his flag up.

I would also ask referee Tony Harrington to attend the hearing as well, so he can explain the ludicrous decision! Imo he should, but no doubt he won’t, so he can just carry on ruining proper football people’s weekends, without explanation!
Absolutely this! It’s about time the refs had accountability and were made to explain why they come to different conclusion for the same incident.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant!

Absolutely this! It’s about time the refs had accountability and were made to explain why they come to different conclusion for the same incident.
I read somewhere it was the assistant VAR guy who recommended he go to the monitor. What did the actual VAR ref think? How many ****ing people actually decide?

martin120863

Reaction score
Make a note of when Tim Robinson is next at Molineux either as the Ref or 4th official and let him know our thoughts - constantly.

QUESTION:

Who are the most important bodies in football?

Players, teams and fans or referees, TV companies and administrators?

Yes, exactly - how the hell have we ended up with the tail wagging the dog like this.

Refs and administrators should be wholly accountable to the former and not the other way round!

There's no doubt in my mind that VAR is a control mechanism perpetrated by the TV companies to ensure that the Super 6 retain their position.

The referees, like the establishment have their snouts in the TV money trough and it is HUGELY in their interests to retain the status quo, which means repelling and controlling teams outside the 'natural' top 6 as, if a team like Wolves were to gatecrash the party, TV revenues would diminish and the product would be less attractive to subscribers and advertisers.

This is where the real CORRUPTION lies - not in individual supposed errors on field or at Stockley Park.

In Wolves case, there's too much evidence now to disprove this theory and there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE of balancing up over a season.

The decision the other day was yet another instance of anti Wolves bias due to our 'gate crash potential'

It's criminal that the clubs outside the top 6 allow this to happen, and in my opinion Wolves (Fosun) should be preparing a dossier to use as evidence in a law suit.

Silence is merely condoning this abusive situation.

Last edited:

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wonder how GON would like to respond by Monday.........

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wow. Fair play indeed. He's exactly right too.

Here's a fundamental issue: when people say a decision is subjective, what they mean (I am arguing) is the context is so complex that it can't be neatly fitted into the rulebook. To try to do so is implicitly going to be inadequate because it's just too complex. Hence we have to rely on some human discernment to fill in the gaps and come to a just decision.

And yet when one goes and reviews a "subjective" decision, the context is inherently different. The inadequacy of what follows is baked in. Such an environment leaves little to no room for any of the added value provided by someone who is using human judgement in a way that takes the nuance of the situation into account. The rules become a blunt instrument, and the result is not just.
See, to me, "subjective" means that an argument can be made either way and the context is that the fact the decision was made in real time on first look, without the benefit of hindsight.

VAR is there solely to give hindsight, but that is only useful if you can clearly demonstrate that in the context of the original situation, an error was made.

If an argument can be made either way, considering the context of the situation, then the on field decision stands, even if the ref feels he probably would have called differently. Only if there is a demonstrable, factual error given the circumstances of the situation should a decision be overturned.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see the club produce a video of all the **** ups VAR has done, and in turn cost us points. Could play it at the press conference instead of the usual questions and answers.
I remember Mick doing similar when Milijas was sent off for winning the ball.

Back
Top Bottom