Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Expectancy

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought on the whole the backing of the team today from the start was really poor , we only got going as fans when the ref failed to book their players and once we were 3-0 up ...
It’s almost as if after last week we expected to turn up and watch us play champagne football all over again ..
I really hope as fans we don’t fall into this habit at home because it rubs off on the team when we don’t give our full backing from the off !! I’ve been a south banker since 1990 but there were times today when the north bank seemed more up for it than us ....

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought on the whole the backing of the team today from the start was really poor , we only got going as fans when the ref failed to book their players and once we were 3-0 up ...
It’s almost as if after last week we expected to turn up and watch us play champagne football all over again ..
I really hope as fans we don’t fall into this habit at home because it rubs off on the team when we don’t give our full backing from the off !! I’ve been a south banker since 1990 but there were times today when the north bank seemed more up for it than us ....

We have only ever sung when we are winning / scoring . Won’t change

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was largely silent for the majority of the 1st half , it’s not very often that bad ...

R

reanswolf

Well I was singing from the start so we're the same half of South Bank.

It got tense admittedly.

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

We were up for it. Perhaps natural order is being restored.

W

WasStefan

Strange. Atmosphere at 3 up with all ends of ground singing was one of the best atmospheres ive experienced. Obviously took a bit of a downturn at 3-2 which is tension.

D

Deleted member 4453

agree.
tried singing a few of the songs that were coming from the back and nothing. Not always great towards the front of the SB.
Wish I was further back, I'd have no voice every fortnight

R

reanswolf

Thing is, as has been pointed out, that song "Wolverhampton Wanderers" is really ****, its got no volume and is just a repetitive bore of a song, yet we still sing it repeatedly.

And undoubtedly we have got some tools as posters who think we will easily walk this league. Wasn't it just a week or two ago when someone said "promotion is a formality".

Scary...............but that mentality does create expectancy.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In fairness Wolves were terrible for the first 20 minutes so understandably the crowd were a little quiet and maybe nervous.

D

Deleted member 3518

Thing is, as has been pointed out, that song "Wolverhampton Wanderers" is really ****, its got no volume and is just a repetitive bore of a song, yet we still sing it repeatedly.

And undoubtedly we have got some tools as posters who think we will easily walk this league. Wasn't it just a week or two ago when someone said "promotion is a formality".

Bit unfair calling Brightside a "tool", aren't tools useful?;):D:D

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone in front of me kept screaming ‘gerrit forward’ and ‘put it in the box’ whilst screaming in disapproval every time we passed it sideways or backwards. Really ****ed me off, had zero understanding of the game whilst checking his accumulator every 30 secs.

R

reanswolf

Bit unfair calling Brightside a "tool", aren't tools useful?;):D:D
No not Bright, I would never call him that, and I have no doubt that we have great quality in the team.
But it also requires a lot of hard work and lady luck to get there, and they are not formalities.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I find frustrating is south bank mostly season ticket holders. People who watch the game and don’t really sing what happened to the s1 clan the south bank was very quiet and loudest was about Nuno... what happened to our classic old songs if your an avid south banker it must be boring in there this season with with being poor atmosphere.

R

reanswolf

What I find frustrating is south bank mostly season ticket holders. People who watch the game and don’t really sing what happened to the s1 clan the south bank was very quiet and loudest was about Nuno... what happened to our classic old songs if your an avid south banker it must be boring in there this season with with being poor atmosphere.

I really don't see it that way, but maybe the left hand side to the South Bank towards the BW is much quieter, I really don't know. I'm in S1 and fans are singing most of the way through the game. I'm certainly not bored, I'm singing non-stop, having a great time, and lapping up the atmosphere.

S

ShropshireLad

It was largely silent for the majority of the 1st half , it’s not very often that bad ...
To be fair, the players/team weren't wonderful as well. However, I don't think it was as bad as has been made out; Preston went to silence us and to some extent it worked but they got shot up the jacksie at the end of the half. :D

M

Mr Wolf

I haven't heard once upon a once this season, I'm not really a fan of the new songs.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
To be fair, the players/team weren't wonderful as well. However, I don't think it was as bad as has been made out; Preston went to silence us and to some extent it worked but they got shot up the jacksie at the end of the half. :D

Agree.

I thought it started off OK but our generally hapless play killed it.

It is what it is, call it how you like but it's the fare on the field that 'naturally' fuels the support from the stands....it's just the way it is.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't see it that way, but maybe the left hand side to the South Bank towards the BW is much quieter, I really don't know. I'm in S1 and fans are singing most of the way through the game. I'm certainly not bored, I'm singing non-stop, having a great time, and lapping up the atmosphere.

Sounds good but others need to join in not all of the ground can hear them

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What im getting at is the players not being wonderful may be a knock on effect from the nervy silence of the crowd , yes it worked out yesterday but there will be times when they need us !! I was at st James last year when we won and the first half reminded me of their support which was crap , 2nd half it was rocking between 2-0 and 3-1 I want it like that from the off ....

S

ShropshireLad

What im getting at is the players not being wonderful may be a knock on effect from the nervy silence of the crowd , yes it worked out yesterday but there will be times when they need us !! I was at st James last year when we won and the first half reminded me of their support which was crap , 2nd half it was rocking between 2-0 and 3-1 I want it like that from the off ....
There's lots of things in life we want but we're not in control of affairs. When it comes to football take it as it comes and either enjoy or despair according to hat happens. That's what footie is about.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's lots of things in life we want but we're not in control of affairs. When it comes to football take it as it comes and either enjoy or despair according to hat happens. That's what footie is about.
I’ve waited 27 years to see players like this at molineux , we should embrace it after some of the tripe we have seen over the years ...

D

Deleted member 4436

Decent noise in the NB Upper.

After the emotions of the Villa game, PNE were always going to bring a different and gritty challenge. The atmosphere was different.
To call out the fans after 1 half of a poor atmosphere is a pretty poor, to be honest; especially given the loyalty over so many years of ****.

2nd half was a decent atmosphere. Especially at 2-0 and 3-0.

S

ShropshireLad

I’ve waited 27 years to see players like this at molineux , we should embrace it after some of the tripe we have seen over the years ...
Mate, 27 years is a long time but some of us have been through worse times than you can imagine - re the Bhattis. A pal of mine sent £50 to the club in the early/mid eighties (about £150+ by today's standards) to help save the club when they were desperate for cash and were begging from the fans.

You might want the fans to sing to your tune but no one has control over them. It happens as it happens. Either enjoy or despair collectively with them because that's the way our football religion works. Just take it as it comes and enjoy the ride when you can.

L

lostinbristol

I'd say we're definitely at our best vocally in either extreme to be honest. I think we're actually louder sometimes when our backs are obviously against the wall or we're singing out of black humour and/or acceptance of how **** we clearly are (not currently obviously). :D

R

reanswolf

Are we different to any other crowd, they generally respond to what they see on the pitch. Its just the way it is, people on mass, respond to excitement.

In Molineux's wide open spaces, in a strong wind, sound just drifts away at times, so one end can be singing whilst the other appears silent. Mind you, people always seem to hear "we sing on our own" :)-

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am an optimist.
So I will say with full optimism that we need just another 21 to 24 points to ensure safety from relegation.
I think it's doable. I expect it.

D

Deleted member 4099

This is a daft thread. The atmosphere was ok on Saturday. I'm in S5 and was singing. I could hear plenty from the other stands not very loud but could here them. It was just a combination of the weather the type of game and the fact that last game was one of the best atmospheres in the last 20 years. Suppose this what little we have to moan about !

L

Lycan

It really is a crap chant. That and the 'singing songs on our own'. Dreadful patter.

The group that starts those chants all the time spent about 15 minutes in the first half on Saturday trying to get this awful John Ruddy chant going. Nobody was joining in with them but they just kept going, I felt like turning around and saying to them 'change it up lads its ****e'.

They're decent supporters and I like the flags/flares etc but some of their chants are ****. It's almost like they don't care whether anyone joins in, they're just going to the game to sing their own songs.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have never known home fans at Molineux to show any passion except when either extremes (playing great or abysmally) are present on the pitch.

Away days were always so much better.

If it wasn't for the neanderthal teenagers and twenty somethings in the South Bank the place would be a morgue whatever the weather.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is a formality, and we will be in the top 10 ( maybe 8 ) of the premier league in three years!

Lets embrace the expectancy! Its only a burden for the weak of mind.

R

reanswolf

We have a good chance of course but come on Muggers to say it is a formality is ridiculous and such an attitude would certainly adversely affect the support.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a good chance of course but come on Muggers to say it is a formality is ridiculous and such an attitude would certainly adversely affect the support.

I just dont see it as something we should fear and like i said before, we really should embrace it. I dont think it will adversely affect us in all honesty. These players, and the coach and his staff are made of sterner stuff and arent mentally weak. They can cope with the pressure and the expectation imo.
Yep, it sounds arrogant, but i'm supremely confident in the direction we are heading in. To me, our gameplan and direction, not to mention our ambition just feels totally different to me then even when Sir Jack came in. Unlike Sir Jack, they have no emotional ties clouding their judgement. They also have better in game contacts and i think they have made it clear after the mistakes of last season they arent going to accept mediocrity and treading water. I'm 100% convinced we are seriously going places. I truly believe we have got some people very worried about where we are heading.

R

reanswolf

I don't think anyone is in denial, we all have aspirations for our club, but believe me fans support makes a big difference and if everyone thinks promotion etc is just a formality then it will undoubtedly adversely affect our support. Nuno would slaughter anyone in his team who took the attitude that it was simply a formality, and rightly so because if they ease off just 5% thinking it's a foregone conclusion, everyone will be in for a big surprise.

Back
Top Bottom