Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Every professional football match should be televised or streamed

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get to more than 30% of home games even though I have tickets, I would certainly pay the same for a season ticket to watch live games at home or to attend live.

Sylarwolf

Reaction score
I illegally stream every wolves game for free and have to tolerate buffering and refreshing.
I would happily pay £5 per game to watch it online legitimately.

Over to you whoever makes the broadcasting decisions

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I illegally stream every wolves game for free and have to tolerate buffering and refreshing.
I would happily pay £5 per game to watch it online legitimately.

Over to you whoever makes the broadcasting decisions
Model for me is everyone can watch/stream legally for a sensible price. This is the revenue growth. Tickets for attending are capped in price and incentives for full grounds (to showcase product).

Only question mark for me is timing to enable non-league attendance. I’d be inclined to have 12pm, 4pm on a Saturday (and 6pm) and allow non-league to play at 1.30 or 2pm.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cycling already has something similar, it costs £39.99 per year for the GCN+ app and you can pretty much watch most of the racing world-wide. The presenters are engaging & knowledgable, as are the commentators. They also have a library of cycling related films and make their own docs.
It's bloody excellent and fantastic vfm.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not in the slightest bit interested in watching Man City V Liverpool or Arsenal V ManUre. I want to watch Wolves V anybody ie please allow me to buy a “TV season ticket” for all Wolves games. Simples, and probably a big earner for the clubs.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not in the slightest bit interested in watching Man City V Liverpool or Arsenal V ManUre. I want to watch Wolves V anybody ie please allow me to buy a “TV season ticket” for all Wolves games. Simples, and probably a big earner for the clubs.
Yeah, I think I’m in a similar boat to be honest. I don’t have a Sky or BT Sport subscription because I’m not bothered about other teams in the slightest nor do I care about European or World football.

A team season pass is all that would interest me.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
All premier league games should be on TV. You can already access every game so it would barely effect attendances. Lower league clubs should be atleast be given the option that if they want to stream their games they can, this may actually increase revenue as many people may pay to stream the game but wouldn’t of actually of gone to the match. Virtually every club now has the capability to stream their games due to the pandemic.
The 3pm black out is massively outdated and doesn’t reflect the society we live in.
All Premier League games are on TV, just not in UK. Here I can just choose any game I want. Lower league games are not other than those that are televised on a Saturday 13.00, 16.00 and 18:30.

Thank god for that Wolves TV solution in the promotion season for overseas fans.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see the PL ‘prosecute’ Man City regarding their 100 violations with the same zeal.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems you can murder or rape someone and get less of a sentence than messing with Sky Sports. Bizarre.
Just seen this. The gang leader got 11 years, let me say that again, 11 years, for organising illegal football streaming. As Ombyman says if he'd gone out and raped and mugged he'd have probably got less prison time. This country is just so ****ed up. I am speechless tbh.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember an ex of mine getting the full sports package for me years back. Very nice of her but as Wolves were rarely on, I just never watched it. I watch Wolves, England in tournaments and match of the day maybe if teams are on who may impact us.

I'd occasionally find myself putting on Sky Sports to be polite or maybe to quickly switch channel away from nice German ladies on RTL or Sat1 channels.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All Premier League games are on TV, just not in UK. Here I can just choose any game I want. Lower league games are not other than those that are televised on a Saturday 13.00, 16.00 and 18:30.

Thank god for that Wolves TV solution in the promotion season for overseas fans.

Same here, yet i don't bother watching any other games.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen this. The gang leader got 11 years, let me say that again, 11 years, for organising illegal football streaming. As Ombyman says if he'd gone out and raped and mugged he'd have probably got less prison time. This country is just so ****ed up. I am speechless tbh.
I’m guessing it’s the £7m he trousered that did for him.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As it’s the international break and I’m bored I thought I would throw a pleasant and polite discussion into the mix.

When fans were banned from stadiums due to the pandemic every Premier League match was either televised or streamed online. Now fans are back and stadiums are full to capacity we have naturally reverted back to the situation before the pandemic with a select few games on the telly each week.

In my opinion, this is the wrong decision. Where feasible, every professional match in the English football pyramid, including 3 o’clock Saturday games, should be televised or legally streamed. At the very least every club should be given the opportunity to stream its games if broadcasters don’t want to televise them.

If I can watch the Wolves under-23s play on a YouTube stream on a Friday afternoon I should be able to watch a legal stream of Wolves playing Watford on the 11th September or any other match.

Give fans more choice. It is the logical next step. I think it is a matter of time before it happens.

Do you agree?

It’s only a matter of time before every game is pay per view. My guess is we will then see even more staggered game times every night of the week to maximise viewers.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were able to watch the Wolves u21 team play in Mumbai via YouTube on a what was little more than a training pitch, but we still can't watch every Wolves match in the Premier League legally on telly or a streaming site. The sooner the broadcasters, Premier League and any other relevant authorities involved sort it out the better.

And the commentators in India were decent as well.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they're really worried about the impact PL Live streaming would have on other domestic games, I would be more than happy to move to the American model of having specific time slots / days of the week for different leagues. How would people feel if Premier League games were never played at 3pm on a Saturday?

Personally I wouldn't mind, as so often games are moved anyway. Have a 12.30pm / 5.30pm / 7.45pm game slot on a Sat. 2pm and 4pm on a sunday. One slot on a Friday at 8pm, one on Monday at 8pm. That's 7 out of 10 games catered for each "weekend". So that leaves the option of doubling up 3 slots.

Was actually just thinking too, why are they so worried just about 3pm on a Saturday? Many midweek fixtures see the Premier League fixtures compete with the whole league system too. All so strange!

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
I would happily pay to be able to see our away games and it's about time we sorted out this imo stupidity of being able to watch all games live on tv abroad but not in this country, though let's be honest most people know how to do it illegally if they want to anyway. A game pass to watch your teams games all season or an away only for people that go to home games anyway or one to cover all teams if desired should be on offer at a sensible price.
Regarding the 3pm slot as much as I get their concern I really can't see it making that much difference as I certainly don't go and watch my local team on a Saturday if not watching us and the locals I know that do go wouldn't stop going just to stay in and watch a game on tv. Plus if they keep a similar set up to now all the big games are switched to different times anyway which would have caused the main issue with this.
This would obviously have to coincide with existing tv rights coming to an end but surely would make the PL more money if implemented correctly.

WinchWolf

Reaction score
Interesting to find out what the near-real time package means, if you can start streaming a near-real time stream at 5pm Saturday I'm not sure how that will protect non-league.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s hope we’re still in the Prem in 2025

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to find out what the near-real time package means, if you can start streaming a near-real time stream at 5pm Saturday I'm not sure how that will protect non-league.

Maybe they can all go in the bar and watch it, boosting non-league club profits?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will be a game each evening soon, its all about the content as with everything else. Inevitable march towards a streaming service.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kinda baffling how they haven't jumped on the NFL Redzone train of showing all 3pm games on a separate channel with one host jumping between games completely ad free, although I'm not entirely sure how it would work in football

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kinda baffling how they haven't jumped on the NFL Redzone train of showing all 3pm games on a separate channel with one host jumping between games completely ad free, although I'm not entirely sure how it would work in football
I’d rather all the games kick off at different times if I’m honest.

Couldn’t care less about 3pm kick offs. I just want to watch as many games live and in full as possible.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they need to do a service like NFL.

I pay £150 a year and get access to every NFL game*, 24/7 news, documentaries, combine and Draft.

*The are a very small selection of games I can't watch due to them being shown on SKY as main event games.

But for a Premier League service could include something very similar. NFL now use DAZN as it's service. So they could outsource it to TNT, SKY, Amazon or even DAZN again who already have experience and production in place to stream live sports events. If it's SKY for example who already have a premier league channel with premier league documenties, you can include them and SKY sports news.

But the main thing would be, show every single game, including 3pm Saturdays kick offs on the service. Outside of the games with will be on TV to keep the other providers happy (and give us all an excuse to go to the pub when we're on the telly)

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d rather all the games kick off at different times if I’m honest.

Couldn’t care less about 3pm kick offs. I just want to watch as many games live and in full as possible.
Will be a game each evening soon, its all about the content as with everything else. Inevitable march towards a streaming service.

Agree on both these. With Amazon they’ve tended to stagger kick-off times on the same night but only by about 15mins. Guess it’s difficult for weekday evening matches to go further in order for fans to be able to get to matches after work and home again before public transport cut-offs but on a weekend could do midday, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm so 5 matches in one day.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reasoning for the 3pm blackout rule is now so moronic and contradictory to any evidence it's hard to believe

We live in an era where IPTV is now so easy to access that it's become ubiquitous. I barely know a person without it. I'm sure most this forum has it. It's not like ten years ago where you needed a bit of technical nous, it's simple plug and play

And while IPTV has mushroomed over the past 5 years meaning millions can watch the 3pm games Football League attendances have increased to the highest they have been since the early 1950s

Yet they still tell us showing 3pm games legally will kill lower league attendances

As I say, moronic

Last edited:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can imagine a monster like Amazon getting all the TV rights before too long, we’re all heading into apps subscriptions and the Sky system I expect will die out..

When that happens, I can see a tiered subscription model. Where you can either subscribe for just all of your clubs games and content.. or your club plus a few big games.. or the whole league, and so on..

I am a prime example of someone who would gladly spend more on his club to be able to watch every game.. I live too far away to go go to more than a couple of games a year. There are many like me I suspect.

The lower leagues.. with the games now spaced out like they are from Friday to Monday.. I don’t think it would have a huge impact and it perhaps gives lower league clubs a chance to get some extra TV subscription revenue also..

old jacks thumb

Groupie
Reaction score
Agree on both these. With Amazon they’ve tended to stagger kick-off times on the same night but only by about 15mins. Guess it’s difficult for weekday evening matches to go further in order for fans to be able to get to matches after work and home again before public transport cut-offs but on a weekend could do midday, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm so 5 matches in one day.
The good thing with Amazon when it shows the games is the fact you can replay the ones you miss without having to record them

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not just play, and broadcast, every prem game on a Sunday. Then leave Saturdays free for the rest of the football pyramid to take centre stage.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree.

To me, it's mind-blowing that they're not.

Over here, all of the major sports have every single game available via streaming or on TV.

What's really stupid, is a few weeks ago, the Wolves game was on a streaming service for me but over in England, they couldn't watch it legally. Insane.

Even the junior hockey leagues over here (15-21 year olds) have streaming services that allow you to watch them.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not just play, and broadcast, every prem game on a Sunday. Then leave Saturdays free for the rest of the football pyramid to take centre stage.
It basically does anyway. There's usually only 3 PL games at 3pm once the Europa League kicks off and I doubt Lincoln fans would forego a day at Sincil Bank to feast on Crystal Palace vs Bournemouth

Oh and I ****ing hate Sunday games to let's not run with that idea

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree but i would say its not difficult for them to schedule these games even on a weekday because they stopped caring about matchgoing fans a long time ago. I dont think the public transport element even enters their thinking. The matchgoing fan is a complete irrelevance now.
Not premier league but the EFL have put Carlisle vs Plymouth on a tuesday night and playoff finals are now sometimes on monday nights so the suits dont really think or care. I would imagine the big broadcasting companies will care even less.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, but it solves the alleged issue with 3pm blackouts / not wanting to detract from lower league football yet making it so all prem games can be televised.
Solves it to the detriment of the fans who go to stadiums and create atmospheres. It’s bad enough on Saturdays they being moved pre or post 3pm but moving them all to a Sunday would be awful. I can only speak for myself but my near 30 years as a season ticket holder would stop immediately.

Back
Top Bottom