Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton verdict

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a dig at JL, because he had a tough task in the circumstances..

But the same 4 players; Sarabia, Cunha, Hwang and Neto had a combined 7 goals involvements from 75 appearances under JL.. and they’ve had a combined 38 goal involvements from 64 appearances under GON. That’s a 5.5X improvement in output.

I think under Lage we were ever less effective up top.

Great to see us getting so much more out of the same talent.

I think every play not having to move through Neves / Moutinho has a lot to do with it...

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read the BBC headlines about the Forest win; 'inconsistent and awful, Man Utd are back to worst'. I'm no Forest fan, but they beat Utd fair and square, because they attacked them consistently. But when some of the smaller teams beat the bigger ones, it must be because the bigger teams had an off-day.
Be nice if the winning teams were given credit for a job well done, rather than the failings of the losing teams, but I guess it's all down to preaching to ones audience.
I think they genuinely underestimate the extent to which proper football fans are genuinely interested in football per se, as opposed to a few teams, particularly as many of those teams are actually **** now eg Utd and Chelsea.

Whenever I speak to a proper fan ie: somebody who follows their team and watches them week in week out, they will often have a view on Wolves, good or bad, but usually an informed one in my experience. I for example was keen to watch the Palace highlights yesterday as I enjoy watching Eze and Olise as they are very unique footballers.

They would make the product so much better by marketing the league as a whole and focusing on the identity of individual clubs instead of the homogenised sky 6. I remember tuning in to watch Lille win the title at the expense of PSG, was amazing. Most football fans are anti the ‘elite’ few and the sooner there is a market correction the better - it is already happening to Barca and Real (although Real have manoeuvred well with some astute transfer business).

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
I noticed that, he kicked a water bottle as he walked past the Steve Bull. He also wandered back onto the pitch as he came across the North Bank.

I got the impression it was frustration that he wanted to score/stay on the pitch rather than anything else. He's the sort whose body language is easy to read if he's ****ed off and his performance didn't suggest that at all.
I would be more concerned if a player wasn’t annoyed about coming off… I think it’s a good thing players want to stay on, shows that winning mentality.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be more concerned if a player wasn’t annoyed about coming off… I think it’s a good thing players want to stay on, shows that winning mentality.
Absolutely. I would be way more concerned about players wanting to come off rather than wanting to stay on. Particularly in what might be their last game for the club for over a month.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think every play not having to move through Neves / Moutinho has a lot to do with it...
We did a great job of countering with them in the middle the first 2 seasons..

I just don’t think our forwards suited the slow, patient, possession based approach of the last 3 years. Back to quickly exploiting space now like we used too.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the contrary I reckon I've heard more compliments about us this season than even under prime Nuno, which for all its success was not a neutral's favourite
Same. All the many compliments I've heard have been said through the filter of Gary O'Neil being a brilliant young coach.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
Personally I find the weekly MOTD complaints on here and online very tedious. Why it bothers people is beyond me. They show all our goals don't they?

We're a small club with a much smaller fan base than the bigger clubs, it makes perfect sense to me they prioritise those, more of the audience want to see that..
We are not a small club!

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I find the weekly MOTD complaints on here and online very tedious. Why it bothers people is beyond me. They show all our goals don't they?

We're a small club with a much smaller fan base than the bigger clubs, it makes perfect sense to me they prioritise those, more of the audience want to see that..
Small club? You’re having a laugh

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you've missed our last 3 games then, well, you know what you need to do...

Its crossed my mind. Having sporadic internet connection hasnt really given me the option. The storms here have been really bad, lightning has struck the mobile phone towers and knocked them out as well so i only get internet when i'm away from home!

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they genuinely underestimate the extent to which proper football fans are genuinely interested in football per se, as opposed to a few teams, particularly as many of those teams are actually **** now eg Utd and Chelsea.

Whenever I speak to a proper fan ie: somebody who follows their team and watches them week in week out, they will often have a view on Wolves, good or bad, but usually an informed one in my experience. I for example was keen to watch the Palace highlights yesterday as I enjoy watching Eze and Olise as they are very unique footballers.

They would make the product so much better by marketing the league as a whole and focusing on the identity of individual clubs instead of the homogenised sky 6. I remember tuning in to watch Lille win the title at the expense of PSG, was amazing. Most football fans are anti the ‘elite’ few and the sooner there is a market correction the better - it is already happening to Barca and Real (although Real have manoeuvred well with some astute transfer business).
See the BBC review of possible January transfers. Literally all just the Greedy6 players.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Relive 14 minutes of the weekend's best firework show...

How have we gone from barely looking like scoring g ever to having 3 forwards as productive as this?

Cunha was everywhere. 1 goal, 1 assist, put a great ball in for the other goal. Put one o a plate for Hwang.

Sarabia and Hwang heavily involved in everything. Special mention for Doyle who was involved in all 3 goals. His ability to move the ball quickly gives other players more time to hurt the opposition.

Can't believe I'm about to type this. I don't see where Neto gets in to our best 11 currently! The current front 3 have used his absence to build something very effective

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relive 14 minutes of the weekend's best firework show...

That second half performance, just incredible. Cutting through them at will. I genuinely struggle to remember such a comfortable and entertaining performance from us in the last 3 or 4 years. Brilliant. Hopefully we have more of these performances to come.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How have we gone from barely looking like scoring g ever to having 3 forwards as productive as this?

Cunha was everywhere. 1 goal, 1 assist, put a great ball in for the other goal. Put one o a plate for Hwang.

Sarabia and Hwang heavily involved in everything. Special mention for Doyle who was involved in all 3 goals. His ability to move the ball quickly gives other players more time to hurt the opposition.

Can't believe I'm about to type this. I don't see where Neto gets in to our best 11 currently! The current front 3 have used his absence to build something very effective

As Hwang will be out for the next 4/5 matches, I'm hoping Neto slots in nicely and shows that he is still the best.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its crossed my mind. Having sporadic internet connection hasnt really given me the option. The storms here have been really bad, lightning has struck the mobile phone towers and knocked them out as well so i only get internet when i'm away from home!
Yeah the storms are awful at the moment. I keep having to rescue a bit of our roof.

Hope all is better in the new year :)

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think this fella is deluded, you should visit their forum!
Apparently, we're small time and tinpot and they're one of the Premier League establishment!!!
To be fair, there are a handful on there who are far more diplomatic and give us way more credit for the present and our past.
To be fair, I bet he regretted writing that as some Everton fans basically schooled him on our history and told him to be more gracious in defeat otherwise suporting Everton probably isnt for him.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON getting plaudits galore across different radio stations. His name was mentioned (Talksport) yesterday as a good shout to replace Howe at Newcastle.
Londoner at Newcastle? He'll get a nosebleed

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It should not depend on the club at all but the entertainment value of the game and the quality of the football on display

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last Saturday's performance, can easily be compared to the performances of the Real Madrid in the first years they won the European Champions Cup for several times.

Back
Top Bottom