Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton Verdict

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Liverpool win the FA Cup, 7th will qualify for Europa? Also who qualifies for Conference League in that scenario? 8th?

Does Leicester take a spot from the table if they win Conference League?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half, containment.

Second half, masterclass.

We out-battled them, out-passed them and won every 50/50. So pleased to see the confidence in our play after the goal, and try to play football rather than just sit back. If I was being critical I’d like to have seen us put them to the sword but 5 goals and 0 conceded in two games cannot be sniffed at! These are the types of games that the ‘old’ wolves would lose.

Podence coming on early probably did us a huge favour.

Everton fans can **** off aswell. Entitled pricks. Imagine having to play in that atmosphere every week. Hope they go down.

T

TheConcourse

Immense in that 2nd half. Really good.

Neves is king.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t think much of the selection, looked like that would be right first half (perhaps Hwang’s injury didn’t help too) but second we were much better so fair enough, we won the game and pretty convincingly (if not on the score line) in the end too.

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sunday smile.
I didn't like the selection nor the first half.
But that was energy with bite and a touch of finesse in the second half.
Bruno often knows what he is doing.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
kept things tight first half but offered little going forward, better when Podence came on.
Much better second half
Great games from Neves and Jonny again
good goal from Coady
well on top all second half.
Would have liked us to have added a second as at 1-0 there's always the danger of a goal out of nothing

Reactions: Ian

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Liverpool win the FA Cup, 7th will qualify for Europa? Also who qualifies for Conference League in that scenario? 8th?

What about City or Chelsea winning the FA Cup? Just asking btw

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
2nd half amazing. The way wolves played through that Everton midfield was a thing of beauty. Neves and Mouts simply unplayable. Good game for Jonny, back three and Sa. I thought Podence was again brilliant. Motm for me neves.

I'm super proud of this team and what Lage is accomplishing at wolves is nothing short of magical.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic fantastic second half. I thought we had the team wrong but we won with ease after taking the lead.

Gordon looked really impressive and Richarlison is always dangerous. Aside from that, Everton were totally awful. I dare not believe it....but maybe they could go down?

Amazing how quickly football can turn around. When I was listening to Pepe and Lacazette sneak an (admittedly deserved) win against us, the three straight losses seemed to kill our season. But, two wins in a three/four days is massive for us.

Well played Marcal today too. I much prefer RAN but Marcal played well. The game was won in the midfield though. Our lads absolutely controlled it there. Docoure and Van de Beek - 70 million worth of talent - were absolutely outclassed.

Boring first half but a very well deserved win in the end.

Lovely to see Jonny popping up in the opponent box. Semedo is quality and a big miss, but it's easy to forget what a solid player Jonny is.

Id have actually taken a 0-0 against Watford because we needed our defensive strength back. Two clean sheets is glorious

Shame that Villa's expensively assembled team of bottlers managed to bottle it against Wammers.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result but not thoroughly impressive. Much better second half though. Everton are a mess and their fans are toxic and destroying any hope the team have of trying to build any kind of momentum. Sighing and moaning at any misplaced pass as early as five minutes in.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
(Cut and pasted from my coms thread comment)

A solid professional performance

Ruben MOM

Won’t be in a rush to watch that again

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think there is any scenario where 8th qualifies for Europe.

7th will if the FA cup winner has already qualified by league position or winning the league cup.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half as dull as dishwater. Second half superb, totally controlled the game and didn’t give them a sniff. Neves superb, buzzing for Coady. Job done. Well done boys! On to Leeds!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good win wasn't happy with the line up and still feel we could have got at them a lot more in that first half but after the break a lot better passing was more positive and Neves ran it with the space Everton left in the middle!

Shout out for Jonny who has shown just how much a tank he is playing Thursday and Sunday after his injury and played well both games a serious professional.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
I suspect I wasn’t alone in wondering where things would go after the ‘Hoever rant’ from Lage after the Palace game.

Seems that it has had a galvanising effect and now, with hindsight, looks like it was fairly well judged on his part. Fair play to him.

Frank Lampard though - I cannot believe that a supposedly talented manager would do their homework on Wolves and then not match us up in midfield or ensure that whatever happened Saiss and Kilman were pressed properly all game long. It’s so clearly the tried and tested formula to cause us problems and unsettle the rhythm, I’m always amazed when opponents don’t do it…

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves looks better by the game. I put it down to the new flowing locks!
Hwangs injury did us a favour. Podence should always start.

What a beautiful goal that was.

Really accomplished second half and without our strongest line-up.
I do hate those last 10 minutes though!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huge win

Everton are absolutely appalling . Worried seeing the line up. All teams need to do is press coady and press neves when we set up like this. They did neither. Absolutely baffling

Neves ran the show. We should have created more with the time on ball we had , but we got the win which is all that matters

Jimenez had a much much better game

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic fantastic second half. I thought we had the team wrong but we won with ease after taking the lead.

Gordon looked really impressive and Richarlison is always dangerous. Aside from that, Everton were totally awful. I dare not believe it....but maybe they could go down?

Amazing how quickly football can turn around. When I was listening to Pepe and Lacazette sneak an (admittedly deserved) win against us, the three straight losses seemed to kill our season. But, two wins in a three/four days is massive for us.

Well played Marcal today too. I much prefer RAN but Marcal played well. The game was won in the midfield though. Our lads absolutely controlled it there. Docoure and Van de Beek - 70 million worth of talent - were absolutely outclassed.

Boring first half but a very well deserved win in the end.

Lovely to see Jonny popping up in the opponent box. Semedo is quality and a big miss, but it's easy to forget what a solid player Jonny is.

Id have actually taken a 0-0 against Watford because we needed our defensive strength back. Two clean sheets is glorious

Shame that Villa's expensively assembled team of bottlers managed to bottle it against Wammers.
The only thing I disagree with there is West Ham beating those slimy brummies. I'm confident we can catch West Mam.

P.S. Mind the Gap :)

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very solid second half, and Neves was at the heart of everything good. Great to be back on the winning / clean sheet trail. Special word for Everton: they could definitely go. Cowardly overrated players playing in a toxic atmosphere is a bad combo.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"One Nil To The Wanderers"
The question was why go with three in the middle? Think they answered it, we always had a pass that could be made.
Second half I've not seen a slower team of players, Everton could barely get passed walking pace as Neves/Mountinho and Dendonker carved them a new one.
Great goal from the Captain, I'm sure the Everton side of his family will forgive him in time.

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
Neves is the best player I’ve seen in a wolves shirt, he’s surpassed Mouts. Not sure we will keep him.

Everton fans are cretins - Coady scoring was like rubbing salt in their wound.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think there is any scenario where 8th qualifies for Europe.

7th will if the FA cup winner has already qualified by league position or winning the league cup.
What about Europa Conference League?

Tottenham qualified this past year at 7th, but Leicester won the Carabao Cup and qualified for Europa by league position.

It says one team from England qualifies for Conference League.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't see the first half due to technical issues.

Second half we looked far superior to Everton. Once we got the goal we strangled the life out of the game, dictated by Neves and Moutinho in the middle.

Great to see Otto get a full match.

Everton were pathetic. What a bunch of spineless players they've got there. They're in a relegation battle and they looked resigned to it. Cheating their fans. Anyway, that's their problem.

A great way to finish the weekend.

Safe travels to the fans who went. Enjoy your trip back home wherever it might be.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
After a pretty poor first 20 minutes, that was pretty much the perfect away performance. Contained them comfortably first half then absolutely controlled the second. After the goal, you could see the confidence start to run through us and we looked really good in possession.

Neves absolutely imperious. On a different planet to the likes of Doucoure and Van De Beek. Amazing assist for the goal and one of the best all-round midfield performances since that famous night where Lee Evans ran the show against Fulham away under Kenny Jackett…

Neves aside, thought Raul’s all-round game was excellent, Dendoncker had a very effective game and must have been so sweet for Conor to get that winner.

The other huge plus was Jonny. Thought we may struggle in terms of our running power in the wing-back positions but he looked pretty much back to his brilliant best. Absolutely thrilled for him after such a tough last 18 months.

Sa 7
Kilman 7
Coady 8
Saiss 6
Jonny 8
Moutinho 7
Neves 9
Dendoncker 7
Marcal 7
Raul 8
Hwang N/A

Podence 7
Fabio N/A
Trincao N/A

Great reaction this week to the recent run of defeats. Back in with a shout of 7th.

Have to say though…Everton look like a relegation just waiting to happen.

Back
Top Bottom