Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton v Wolves - Verdict

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neto needs a total reset... back to basics and start over.

He's playing angry and frustrated and he needs to be happy and confident. Someone NEEDS to identify this and pull him aside and sort the issues out. He's got far too much potential to let it go to waste, and that's a massive danger of happening as things stand.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive result and we're up and running. Been saying all week though I think the performance today was going to give a huge indication of how our season was going to go, and despite being a bit reticent of that opinion knowing that it was always going to be a horrible game because of Dyche, we didn't show enough of the quality we saw at Old Trafford to suggest this season is going to be anything other than another slog. I think we'll be absolutely fine in terms of PL survival, but it's not going to be pretty

Superb performance by Sa, clear man of the match and produced one of the best saves I've ever seen, fair play to Kalajdzic too, just got himself in there and a giant in the box can always cause a bit of chaos, really pleased he's off the mark

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An Austrian pole who scores. Up it.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like one of those second round FA Cup games between a couple of League Two teams where your mind wanders after five minutes because it's so excruciatingly poor, and you regret not doing something else.

For 87 minutes this was one of the worst games in the annals of human history, epitomised by a two minute spell late in the second half where Sa launched the ball upfield all the way to Pickford and then Pickford launched it almost all the way back to Sa, and Gomes kicked someone, and then Everton launched the free kick to Sa and then Sa launched the ball all the way through to Pickford. And anyone who didn't watch may think I'm exagerrating, but I'm not, this was our strategy. Hundreds of thousands of pounds in wages, and both teams just kicking it as far as they could.

And then, of course, we brought on a Very Tall Man, and we launched the ball over, and it rebounded off the side of his face and into the net and we won. Pleased for Sasa. But, you know. ****ing hell.

The positives: We won. Sa had a fabulous day. The game's over.

Negatives: Everything else, not least the fact that - somehow - it's still only August. There's 35 more games of this. I think that if we have 35 games of Gary O'Neil then we're all going to end up looking like Gary O'Neil, and that's not a good thing.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SASA!!! I am so happy for him after what he's been through, and what a threat he represents in the box. The Onana incident and now a goal, both from pinpoint Neto crosses. Might this be the next Jimenez / Traore combination?

MOTM though has to be Jose Sa. A number of fine saves demoralised Everton over time, but that tip over the bar is one of the best saves I've seen in years, Banksesque. I could only applaud in appreciation.

As others have said though, that was an otherwise very poor performance and we were lucky not to be dead and buried before the hour mark. From then though, we slowly got a foothold and you could sense how vulnerable Everton are.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As poor as we were today showed us there are going to be a fair few just as bad if not worse.

Be interesting to see what a bit of confidence might do. Just 1-2 decent signings too and we could be the definition of mid table averageness. Boy would I take that. Come on Fosun ffs, don’t screw us this next week.

Henry Hill

Reaction score
Time to stop beating ourselves up as its pointless. We are where we are and I doubt anyone will be brought in to improve us. Perfomances will always vary, but it will only ever be putting the ball in the net more times than the opposition that will ever count. Probably evens out the United result so lets get behind the team as we need all the positives we can get at the moment. Everton 0 Wolves 1, perfomance now irrelevant.

Reaction score
Brilliant result - hopefully some of the miserable *******s on here will pipe down a bit…
All that’s done is paper over the cracks apart from the goal we were as **** as usual any decent or 1/2 decent side would have taken us to the cleaners today - luckily we were playing Everton. If they can repeat it against Crystal Palace and Liverpool THEN and only THEN will I be more inclined towards happiness.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The work rate and commitment of the players today was beyond question. Excellent on those terms. The tactics they were being asked to implement inspire a lot less confidence in me.

If we'd been given 3 points before the season started from United away Brighton at home and Everton away I suspect many of us would have called it a reasonable start and something to build on. But aside from the United game -which more and more IMO looks like a JL tactical holdover- the tactics and decision-making from the bench do not inspire confidence.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half was awful, but we did well to keep it 0-0

Jose Sa amazing performance, lads put in a shift so happy for Sasa

Fabio was unlucky worked very hard.

Second half the changes made the difference and that’s how we win. Lovely smash and grab

Lobo de Madrid

Groupie
Reaction score
Having just watched the game, there is no doubt that this was a relegation 6-pointer - wierd, given that many people are still abroad on the beach, probably a record in itself....

And we won it!! Away from home! I have never felt so relieved in August.

Will leave a match description to the many who do it so well, but just to say, hats off to Koladjzic.
A year out, with a horrible injury.
Never any fuss, or complaining.
Brought on at the critical time by GON.
And did what he is there to do - an absolute peach from Neto, on to the big man's bonce - and into the net!!

Plenty of concerns still, but after a horrible month for the club, it feels great to feel happy and positive for a night.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Winning away in the Prem is very hard. Happy for the three points. Hoping this week works out well, however it does.

Need to get some more fluency into the next performance.

I don't know what to do with Fabio. I guess with time you hope he gets better at some basics.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Give Everton their due Dyche had them solid. Sasa will get us some goals for sure.

WolvesAndCows

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vital win with a poor performance. Credit to Sa, some great saves. Hopefully this performance makes the club active in the next week with transfers. Great to have points on the board though.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ugly win which will do. A point next week and across our four opening games, it won’t look too bad a start.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give Everton their due Dyche had them solid. Sasa will get us some goals for sure.
He always does have his teams fighting. Very physical midfield. They wanted it more than us first half. A bit lacking up top but Danjuma was a threat. Their problem will be a possible points deduction though.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
How many times even under Nuno and that great group of players did we lose to Dyche’s Burnley so finally get a win somewhat luckily i am very releived and happy Sa was absolutely fantastic today and deserves man of the match

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A game that won't live long in the memory, but compare that with the performance at Man U. Chalk and cheese, but I know which I prefer! Sa was our MotM, but Doucoure was awesome for Everton.
Silva had a great chance but fluffed his lines, so our other striker that has been out of the team for a long time had to step up and be counted. A great cross from Neto (which was pretty-much all he did in the game) and Sasa's shoulder did the rest.
Delighted with the points, deluded if we think that makes a difference to our season which will be long and hard. Only 35 matches to go!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All that’s done is paper over the cracks apart from the goal we were as **** as usual any decent or 1/2 decent side would have taken us to the cleaners today - luckily we were playing Everton. If they can repeat it against Crystal Palace and Liverpool THEN and only THEN will I be more inclined towards happiness.
We were awful but we did compete second half so the players haven't downed tools and we did get the win. Sometimes you need a win to kick on. It's a huge 3 points for us. Yes we need to play better but take the win, just like last year.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good result.
Sa”s best game for us.
Semedo- another good game.
Well done Gomes, put a shift in and kept his discipline after the booking..
Can’t see the point in Neto on right nor can I understand how we never try to play him in behind .
Good for Sasa.

Sarabia - speechless.

Back
Top Bottom