Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton (not dead)

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Geoff Hurst was probably on around £700 per week in todays money. His World Cup bonus would have been about £16k. Perspective indeed.
House prices then were what? 3,000/4,000 quid?

Brand new car was about £700?

Still, paying someone about £30 million a year is mind bogglingly stupid though.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I understand it correctly, Everton are saying that they should be allowed to offset some of their losses due to the COVID lockdown. But how much? I know the rules regarding spending have altered because of the pandemic, so is that a get out clause for Everton?
weren't the financial fair play rules already altered to cover covid by excluding a number of things from what needs to be shown in profit and loss to help reduce loses that would otherwise be shown ? So sounds like Everton are asking to be able to make extra deductions that other clubs havent ? Needs to be the same rule for all clubs ? If lots of clubs were in danger of breaking the limits there may be a case to say the changes made weren't enough and more allowance for covid needed, but if it's just Everton, then hard for them to say they were affected more than any other club ?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember when 'The best in the business' said Wolves were going to do an Everton?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should really drop this season, but the Championship keeps sending such bilge up that you really have to be mind-boggingly useless as an "established" PL club to actually go down.
True but after an ok opening they have the worst form from 4 games into the season. They’ve managed 15 points in the last 23 games. They’ll struggle to get to 30 points.

We, on the other hand, have managed 46 points in the same time and are 5th in the form table.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The damage was done there long before Lampard took over. They need to stick with him i reckon even if they get relegated.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the hundreds of millions Everton have spent is there one of their players you would swap with any of ours?

Me neither!

Lycaon

Reaction score
A lot of theirs fans say that they’re going down but that’s just a bit of reverse psychology!

If they do drop the meltdown around Goodson will be seismic!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. I would swap Bonatini for Richarlison, Hoever for Gordon and Silva for DCL in a heartbeat.

Richarlison is one of the most moody and miserable players in the Premier League. He would upset the close bond of our squad. Hoever and Gordon do not play in the same position although I admit Gordon is a decent player. DCL is injury prone and can be written off this season.

Says a lot about the rest of their expensive squad though doesn’t it.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They'd come straight back up to be fair.
Im really not sure how. They have a bloated squad, with most players having dropped significant value apart from Richarlson and calvert lewin. There are no relegation clauses and they are committed to building the new stadium. They have lost their sugar daddy and investor. Those players they do have are severley demotivated and clearly not able to perform at a decent level. I think its more likely they go down again than come straight back up again. They will need to do a wolves, regroup, get the bomb squad going to get rid of their highly paid, poor players, and sell Richarlson and calvert lewin i would think for 100m between em to survive.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Richarlison is one of the most moody and miserable players in the Premier League. He would upset the close bond of our squad. Hoever and Gordon do not play in the same position although I admit Gordon is a decent player. DCL is injury prone and can be written off this season.

Richarlison works his **** off game in game out, don't see him upsetting squad at all.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton’s transfer policy has been woeful.
Almost like a fan being in charge and buying big names they have heard of!
Newcastle really did get their January business right, even though on the face of it someone like Ali seems a more exciting purchase than Wood etc...

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don’t see that. Think he looked committed but very frustrated yesterday, and the latter is hardly surprising given the way their season is going. Thought he would be competing for a CL spot with a top tier manager, yet finds himself in a relegation dog fight with a clueless manager.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Richarlison works his **** off game in game out, don't see him upsetting squad at all.
He hasn’t done much in the last 8 games though has he. I don’t think he smiles even when he scores a goal!

He’s Everton’s main man up front while DCL is out and on his day can be a real threat.

Unfortunately those days are few and far between.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He hasn’t done much in the last 8 games though has he. I don’t think he smiles even when he scores a goal!

He’s Everton’s main man up front while DCL is out and on his day can be a real threat.

Unfortunately those days are few and far between.
I couldn't really care less if he smiles much tbh

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Van de Beek? I wasn't aware he was on the field until he had taken a throw in during injury time. There's a reason he couldn't displace Mctominay and Fred, still living off that freak 18/19 season.
He’s on loan so at least he can be sent back.

I admit Van De Beek has been very disappointing. I expected a lot more after he has been given a regular starting spot.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry, didn't realise we had to swap like with like as your original post says any of our players.

As for Richarlison; I agree, looks miserable, but that's just his demeanour. I'm not sure that he is a troublesome player and being Brazilian, would fit in with the Portugeezers and at 24, has time on his side. He has a proven record at a Premier League level. I'd take him!

DCL has had his injury problems this season (as have a number of ours), but generally, he seems to stay fit. 156 matches for Everton since 2016, scoring 43 goals would suggest he's not a 'sick note'. Also just 24.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton heads dropped as soon as we scored. After that they showed absolutely no fight whatsoever. We complain about our midfield sometimes but the way Neves just walked passed them at one point was comical. I mean I love Neves but he wasn't exactly sprinting.

After the final whistle two of the players went down. They have real problems if they lose their next home game because their run in is horrendous.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton heads dropped as soon as we scored. After that they showed absolutely no fight whatsoever. We complain about our midfield sometimes but the way Neves just walked passed them at one point was comical. I mean I love Neves but he wasn't exactly sprinting.

After the final whistle two of the players went down. They have real problems if they lose their next home game because their run in is horrendous.
Reminds me of ourselves in the Saunder's season, you could see it coming, the players had lost their fight and it's eerily that same forlorn look of 'yes, we are certainly going down'.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reminds me of ourselves in the Saunder's season, you could see it coming, the players had lost their fight and it's eerily that same forlorn look of 'yes, we are certainly going down'.
All they need is Lampard to come out and say 'Look, the bookies have not got us to go down. They're never usually wrong are they'.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All they need is Lampard to come out and say 'Look, the bookies have not got us to go down. They're never usually wrong are they'.
That would be a great motivational speech to his players wouldn’t it. :)

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all honesty, they will very likely stay up as, no matter how much they have done wrong in the transfer market and no matter how mediocre Lampard is as manager, they still only have to do as well as the bottom 3 clubs over the remaining weeks.

Norwich have been relegated since they were promoted. That's their business model.

Watford were the worst team we have ever played in the Premier League, and while they sneak the occasional surprise win, they don't look likely to ever put together successive results. Even yesterday's win at Southampton was quite fortunate, thanks to a goalkeeping error and VAR being very generous not to award a penalty to Southampton in the final minutes.

Burnley are just assumed because they have "fight" and "battle" and Sean Dyche that they will "scrap" their way out of it. Yet we know from the McCarthy era that simply putting in a shift and scrapping for your lives only lasts so long when you don't have enough genuine Premier League quality in the side. I watched their match at Brentford on Saturday, a must-win game against a lousy team out of form, and they couldn't put together a single quality attacking move all game long and succumbed to a simple cross and header in the final minutes. They won't get any batterings, and they may wound us with their style when we go up there, but overall their time is probably done.

Remember that Everton already have more points on the board than all these three. They don't have to overperform them, just match them at worst. And they have more games to do it in.

Back
Top Bottom