Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1684563889213.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

Here we go again. The last league game at Molineux of the season. Been a strange old season (bit like most really), some highs a lot of lows and overall you can’t get away from the fact it’s been a disappointing season.

If last weeks game is anything to go by, I’m not optimistic. A lot of players looked like their minds were already on their holidays, next season and their next club. Everton are coming here today knowing a win probably keeps them up and avoids any last day drama, so we know what’s at stake for them.

For us, I think today comes down to pride. Some of the players will be wearing old gold at Molineux for the last time, so you’d hope they don’t want to sign off with a loss against a poor team. One or two might have something to prove to the manager ahead of next season, and obviously the players can be proud of their recent home form so it would be nice to keep that going and be able to carry it to next season.

As I mentioned, it could potentially be a final home game for a number of players today. Whatever you think of their current ability level or their contribution this season, a lot of them have been part of a brilliant journey and I hope they get the send off from the crowd they deserve.

It’s not easy to predict the line-up today. Julen was very shy in his press conference, not saying who was in goal, saying someone is injured but not saying who. And then you’ve got the fact that he said he wants to give other players more minutes. Could we see Boubacar Traore? Lembikisa? Hodge? Collins? Jimenez start? Moutinho start? Who knows.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see Ruben or Raul score today. Really hope these guys get the send off they deserve, and not like the sad way Nuno had to goodbye.

End of, probably the greatest, Wolves era of my lifetime. Let’s end it on a high.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Everton will start like men possessed, as they did at Brighton. Looking for that early momentum and a goal to silence the crowd.

Unless we are up for it, the game could be over relatively quickly. Weather the storm and we will hopefully be okay.

I really wanted Everton gone but of the teams left in the scrap, they have the easier games on paper and I don’t see them losing both, unfortunately.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Dyche has had our number since we won promotion. I don't see much changing tbh.
Good job we've changed our number!

Not really that fussed about beating Everton as such, just that we really need to put in a performance worthy of our departing heroes. It's going to feel a bit flat at the end if we haven't turned up for the game. Not sure it's ever going to be possible to bond with a set of players like we have with some of these, not without going through some more bad times I can do without!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This game has a draw written all over it
We are normally decent at home and have nothing but pride to play for, Everton are fighting for their lives and have some decent results recently
They will start fast and we have to weather the storm and play ourselves into the game
It will be an emotional game for some im sure and hope the occasion doesnt get to the team
1-1 for me

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell you what, going to need some new songs next season - Raul, Neves and Moutinho likely going. Last outing and expecting some noise.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really, really want us to beat them, I don't want these ****ers to be safe after this weekend

But

In light of the day and what it means to us, I wouldn't be disappointed if we repeated our first game after returning to the PL

2-2

Neves thunder******* free kick
Raúl header

(But seeing as they don't have Richarlison... 2-0 ;))

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonna be a sad day, some players I would consider greats (in my time anyway) wearing the old gold at Molineux for the final time, hopefully we put in a performance as Everton are fighting for their lives, I don't want to see these players go out with a whimper

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been poor most of the last 2 seasons. I'm not sure many of our players heads are in the game atm for a variety of reasons. Hope I am wrong but I see an easy Everton win.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I guess Mouts, Jonny, Raul and maybe Adama is a natural ending. Sad, but it has to happen eventually. Ruben will join a short list of players who we have lost despite wanting to keep them though. I guess in a way we're lucky that the list is pretty short. Jota, Lescott, Keane, wherever he goes I'll always hope for the best for him. Obviously I'm also consoling myself with the slim chance that Lopetegui will persuade him to stay!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For us fans, don’t be sad, celebrate what they’ve brought to the club, and what the team have achieved since JL took over.

For the team, go out and enjoy yourselves. Give it 110% to remind fans of your best, and finish the home season with a deserved victory.

As for Everton. If we can help them on their way to the EFL, well all the better.

Reaction score
Hope we come out howling to send the fans home happy after a scary year there for a while.
The £10m for MGW will help, and if Forest stay up, that clown Cooper will have them in trouble again. Clearing your subs bench on the hour mark, then injuries and you’re down to 10 and lose points...again! This ain’t FM mate, can’t pull the plug and start again.
If Everton do stay up, have to think they’ll be penalties.
But next season I hope JL finds the formula so, like a few seasons ago, I can hope the teams above us lose so we can climb the table, and not hope the teams below us lose, so we don’t fall any further.
Raul brace, 3-1.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Got a feeling we are going to put in a great performance today. Think they'll want to sign off from Molineux in style

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With us being safe, I Just hope we dont give Everton a free ticket to stay up.
If it was the other way round, Everton would definitely not do us any favours.

Hope we stuff them, good and proper!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it’s a beautiful day and it will nice to have a drink with the gang before and after the game, hopefully the match will be a classic but if not it will still be a fun day out.
Exactly that.

End of the season, we’re safe, likely saying goodbye to some of the best generation we’ve had in decades, nice weather. Regardless of what happens on the pitch it should be a decent day and the result whatever it is shouldn’t detract from that.

With that in mind I’m predicting full time Wolves 0-4 Everton and meltdown on the mix! :tearsofjoy:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly that.

End of the season, we’re safe, likely saying goodbye to some of the best generation we’ve had in decades, nice weather. Regardless of what happens on the pitch it should be a decent day and the result whatever it is shouldn’t detract from that.

With that in mind I’m predicting full time Wolves 0-4 Everton and meltdown on the mix! :tearsofjoy:
If it does turn out that way we want an atmosphere to rival when we lost 0-6 to Southampton those many years hence

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already got my excuses for when a few of the lads do there final fairwells at the end of the game.
Hay-fevers playing up today ay it.....

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score
I hope the players who have done well for us get a good send off. Wolves are the lowest scorers in the Premier League so I hope we can change that today. Another sad stat is that this is the third successive season no Wolves player has scored more than six goals. Can Neves or Podence get their seventh?

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like a beautiful day weather wise. Proper end of season.
True. I had a very heavy fall almost two weeks ago and will enjoy my first proper walk since then as I go to the pub. I'll ache every inch of the way but the sunshine a few pints and a Wolves win ..... damn it, I'm being too greedy so back to my forecast of a 1-1draw. ;)

Back
Top Bottom